Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No Sour Grapes Or Complaints Allowed

mumsascrappa

I want to give my regards to the entire Pokemon Nationals staff and judges!!!! You all did a fantastic job!! This was our first ever Nationals attendance and we had a fantastic time!! I felt that it was run in an organized and professional fashion, in a timely manner, and so many people had such a fun time!! We did not attend because my son was hoping to gain enough points for an invite.....because he wasn't even close. We attended as a family event to enjoy the game and he played to have fun, played the game that he LOVES, played honestly, played smartly, played like a true Pokemon gamer should!! WE are SO PROUD of him! He made top 32 in this huge event in Seniors! He had a blast!! Any and all issues we had with staff and judges were handled very professionally and sensitively!! THANKS guys!! You know who you are!!

We met SO many wonderful players, families and friends. It was awesome renewing friendships that we had gained throughout the year while attending Pokemon events. Thanks for all your friendship, guidance, support, encouragement throughout this our first Pokemon tournament season!! (in no particular order) To our local Pokemon pals Terry & Tucker, Tyler & Jermey, The Arena Family, The Jessings, Bob Krupa and his family, Tom and Judi Shea of TJ's, The Fouchets, Nick and his Dad Bob, Jonathan and Justin, Mary, the Cox family, The Lawsons (Patty, I'll always try to remember to say hello!!) Kirsten and her family from RI, Danny and his Mom, Rebecca, Loser (I'll keep calling you Rob), Gino, MK, The Tenney family for getting our friend passes, The Dufour's, PokePop, Glad to help Vince and the Piglet cause.................and all of our new friends and families that we played with out there.

THANKS DAVE, PETE, and MIKE!!! You guys were terrific to indulge him in the signing of his cards and his Dittos!! It was great meeting all of you!!

KUDOS and THUMBS WAY UP TO ALL OF YOU!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

We're looking forward to next year!!

SO......if you have nice things to say, go ahead and post them here in my thread.....if you don't.....please take them elsewhere!!!

Last edited:
Yea everything was good at nationals. The judges were awsome. We'll the ones I got to see not sure bout the other ones but probably same result. The side pokemon stuff was amazing. They always do a good job but its nice to always let em know. My masterpiece turned into my masterplan of me going to worlds again as well!:smile: Aloha!

I don't completly agree with the judging, sorry.

In the main event, SD Pokemom ruled that I had to use umbreon ex's power, but wasn't it errated so it was like the others, so it was optional?

And in the side event, the judge said swift got through Kingdra ex, I had to jump in and say check the compendium.

other then that, it was fantasic

Yea everything was good at nationals. The judges were awsome. We'll the ones I got to see not sure bout the other ones but probably same result. The side pokemon stuff was amazing. They always do a good job but its nice to always let em know. My masterpiece turned into my masterplan of me going to worlds again as well!:smile: Aloha!

Wishing you well at Worlds!!! Glad things worked out so well for you and that you had a great time!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

A bit belated now eh?

......what is it that you think is a bit belated? If you are talking about posting this message of praise.....praise and kudos are never belated in my opinion!! And considering I am a very busy parent, I'm posting now that I have some computer time.

If you are not, then I'm not sure what you mean?? Do you want to elaborate?

SO......if you have nice things to say, go ahead and post them here in my thread.....if you don't.....please take them elsewhere!!!

Did you read the entire post moza??

Last edited:
Nationals is such a fun experience that no one's first experience is their last. A bunch of my friends from SoMD came for the first time and everyone who came plans to go next year.
No Sour Grapes Or Complaints
Is it really a legitimate tournament report then?:smile:

other then that, it was fantasic

Sorry you did not have the same experience with the judging in your situation. I only spoke from our own, and I think Gino was doing the same.

I did ask that this be a :thumb: thread only. There are plenty of other threads here with sour grapes and negative experiences.....I just wanted to flip the coin a bit, if you don't mind. I'm glad that you stated "it was fantastic" glad you enjoyed.

Nationals is such a fun experience that no one's first experience is their last. A bunch of my friends from SoMD came for the first time and everyone who came plans to go next year.

Is it really a legitimate tournament report then?:smile:

Hey Nick!! I knew I would forget to mention someone!! It was great meeting you, chatting and my son enjoyed his first game at Nationals with you. Thanks for hanging out a bit.

Yes, it is......The sour grapes and negative comments are plentiful elsewhere! :wink:

Last edited:
Q. Say I have a Kingra-EX with "Extra Smoke" on the bench and a Stage 2 Pokemon-EX Active (other than Kingdra-EX). If my opponent attacks with "Swift" does it ignore "Extra Smoke" or not?
A. The effect of Extra Smoke is always attached to whatever Pokemon that the opponent attacks with, not on the Defending Pokemon nor even on the benched Kingdra-EX. And since Swift only ignores effects on the Defending Pokemon (not the player or Pokemon attacking with Swift), it does NOT ignore Extra Smoke and damage is reduced by -10. (Feb 22, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Nice post, Mumma! We're pleased to have such nice folks such as you guys join our extended Pokemon family in New England! I was rooting for all of you from here and checking out the tons of photos posted by Cameraman! Glad you guys had an awesome time and your son did so well! Look forward to seeing you in August at the Prereleases! Looking forward to an awesome new Pokemon season in the Fall.

Nice post, Mumma! We're pleased to have such nice folks such as you guys join our extended Pokemon family in New England! I was rooting for all of you from here and checking out the tons of photos posted by Cameraman! Glad you guys had an awesome time and your son did so well! Look forward to seeing you in August at the Prereleases! Looking forward to an awesome new Pokemon season in the Fall.

Thanks Mary. We'll be at Game Castle Prerelease on the 18th of August...maybe we'll see you there or at another of the TJ's events.

Patty, it was nice meeting you at Origins

I agree with you in your post. This year's Origins was nice, seeing how there were so many things to do and so many people to meet. Having fun is one of the important aspects of attending a Pokemon event as huge as this.

Mum -

A wonderful post. I am really glad that you started this thread. Nats was great and next year will be even better.

Major props to Dylan for making T32 his first year of OP. That is an amazing feat. We of Team TJs are very proud and happy for him.

The folks from PUI are just awesome. Dave, Mike, Pete, Andrea, Susan, Eric.... All highly motivated, energetic and passionate about their work.

Players cannot get the full appreciation of how much effort goes into this event by PUI and the Staffers. This is the proverbial duck on water. Moving along nice and smoothly while paddling like mad below the water.

Special thanks to Chim Chim. You are one very, very funny guy.

Steve

Mum -

A wonderful post. I am really glad that you started this thread. Nats was great and next year will be even better.

Major props to Dylan for making T32 his first year of OP. That is an amazing feat. We of Team TJs are very proud and happy for him.

The folks from PUI are just awesome. Dave, Mike, Pete, Andrea, Susan, Eric.... All highly motivated, energetic and passionate about their work.

Players cannot get the full appreciation of how much effort goes into this event by PUI and the Staffers. This is the proverbial duck on water. Moving along nice and smoothly while paddling like mad below the water.

Special thanks to Chim Chim. You are one very, very funny guy.

Steve

You are welcome and Thanks Steve!! Team TJs and many others have SO helped us along the way......THANKS and MUCH appreciation for sure!!

We are already talking and planning how and what our trip to Nats will be like next year...Dylan is planning to win his way there next year...I won't put it past him to make a certain concerted effort for sure!!!

Now, Mumsa, if we can get you to start playing this season! The Pre Release would be a great place to start!

Back