Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

no strategie :p new..need help pweaz

KittN_95

very new and I kno how to play..but i still need all the help i can get!! I heard there aren't alot of fire decks because of all the good water decks. also i have no strategy and i cant set up my pokemon fast enough to make a good hit.

Last edited:
Second, for the most part fire decks are built to be heavy hitters and not to control your opponent in ways that sablelock or other lock decks do.

you strat should be simple, set up as quick as possible and hit em hard.. you didn't post any decklist so I have no clue on what you play or how good/bad you lines are which could also be the problem.

edit by Prime: Hey! Play it nice, okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you get more practice you can develop a strategy. Since your new, that's all I would suggest at the moment. well, that, and to learn about this game as much as you can.

My friend has my deck trying to improve it. so sorry but please dont be rude.

i can tell you i hev charizard hp 140 and his devolved forms.
heatran lv. X and heatran
eevee-1
ninetails-2
basic fire energy-14
vulpix-2 ......

my friend is gonna PM my decklist to me so i will post it...im sorry i am new but thanks for advice

Is the way they type really that big of a deal. Even if it's slightly annoying it's still possible to read.

Anyways if you want a fire deck your best bet is Charizard and Ninetails. Ninetails draws you lots of cards and Charizard hits fast and can pack a punch at times. Other than that there aren't many good fire decks around at the moment. If you wanna know more about the deck shoot me a PM and I can tell you a bit more about the deck. (If you don't know already)

edit by Prime: Let's not quote the rude stuff. It only makes it worse. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to apologize to you for how rude some people are being to you. This is in no way a reflection of the community on the Pokegym. If you could take the time to type out your words instead of how you would type in say chat or text messaging, you would get your point across much more clearly thereby making it easier to help you out.

Do you know what set the Charizard you are playing with is from? If not I would like to direct you here. Take note of the symbol on the bottom right hand corner of your card and match it to the set in the Gallery. From there we can begin to give you advice on how to build a deck and how to develop a strategy to use it.

Last edited:
While I would like to agree with Waynegg, I would also like to stress that I have very little to no interest in reading a post that I actually have to try and decipher. Take your time, this isn't an IM conversation or text message.

Anyway, Pokemon is pretty basic in terms of overall strategy: take prizes. If you have a Pokemon that can do that, the next step is essentially to make sure your deck works as quickly as possible. Add in as many drawing and search cards as you can, to make sure that you ALWAYS get your powerful Pokemon into play, as fast as possible. In very casual and low-key play, this often sets good and poor players apart all on its own.

After that you can just start looking for unique ways to do more damage, faster. Manipulating the opponent isn't very common strategically (although they are returning some cards that will allow you to do that).

Well, for the sake of argument, I'm going to assume you are playing the Charizard from Arceus. I'm also going to suggest a build that will be tournament legal when the new season starts.

3 Charmander
2 Charmeleon
3 Charizard
3 Vulpix
2 Ninetales
2 Bronzor
2 Bronzong
2 Blaziken FB
1 Blaziken FB LV X
2 Uxie

4 Pokemon Collector
3 Broken Time-Space
3 Fisherman
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Bebe's Search
2 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Judge
2 Poke Turn
2 Rare Candy
1 Energy Gain
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution

8 Fire Energy
4 Call Energy

What you are going to do is set up with as many Fire type Pokemon as is possible to Maximize Charizard. You do need one space on your bench reserved for Bronzong though, as you will be able to guarantee yourself an Energy practically every turn with it.

Both Call Energy and Pokemon Collector allow you to retrieve basic Pokemon from your deck to build your bench and your strategy and they will be your priority on turn 1 (T1) and T2 (unless you were able to fill your bench on T1 of course. Then you would play another Supporter if you have one). Call Energy isn't absolutely essential. It will help you set up much quicker and more consistently, but they are quite pricey and you can live without them for now if you don't have them or can't get them. Some will argue this point until they're blue in the face, so just trust me, for now you don't have to have them.

Early in the game, when you play Pokemon Collector, you should get an Uxie. It's Power lets you potentially draw a lot of extra cards and helps you in setting up faster. Just make sure you empty your hand of everything you can before you play it. Also, you should get it active asap and attack with it so you can get it back into your deck as you need the bench space for Fire type Pokemon.

After Basics, your second priority is Energy and this is where Bronzong comes in as it's Poke Power allows you to search your deck for up to 2 basic Energies. So get your 2 Energy and attach 1. Use the other to discard and draw with Ninetales. Bronzong is a support Pokemon and as such, will never be used in this deck to attack with. You don't even have the Energy for it if you wanted to. Remember this as well, Broken Time-Space is your friend, especially in early set-up and late game recovery.

There are 2 second priorities with this deck. At the same time you are setting up your Energy supply, you also have to set up your draw Engine, so make sure you get a Ninetales set up as quickly as possible.

Let me explain and then I'll get back on topic. You have Bebe's Search, Pokemon Communication, and Luxury Ball which can grab Pokemon for you. Luxury Ball can't grab LV Xs, but the other 2 can grab whatever. Use them to get your Pokemon out of your deck and get them set up. If you have no Pokemon in your hand, but have Pokemon Collector and some Pokemon Communication, then use Pokemon Collector to pull up to 3 basics from your deck and then use those basics to fill the requirement of Pokemon Communication. This sounds more complicated than it is and I'm sure you'll get it when you're actually playing with the deck.

So anyhow, get your Ninetales set up and start drawing. Discard a Fire Energy and draw 3 cards Using its Poke Power Roast Reveal. That's all this card is for. It's not an attacker.

While you're getting your Energy supply and your draw engine set up, you also need to be working on getting your attackers ready to go. If at all possible, start with Blaziken FB. Its attacks are cheap, especially if you get and attach Energy Gain, and it should stay alive long enough to get your Charizard pumped up. It's also great to use in an Active Stall roll.

The way to accomplish this is to use Luring Flame to bring up one of their Pokemon that has a high retreat cost (at least 2, but if possible 3+) and which has little to no Energy attached to it. Bonus points if you pick one whose attack cost is high as well because then you have a sitting duck to pick off while building your main attacker. Make sure you are powering up a Charizard and another attacker on your bench (Energy, Evolutions, and all) while using your fire chicken.

By now, you should have your Charizard ready to go. Blaziken just got KO'd, so promote your big hitter. Let Charizard go on auto pilot and do what it does while working on setting up yet more attackers on your bench.

Now you should be running very thin on Energy. This is where Fisherman comes in and takes 4 Energy from your discard and places them back into your hand. Be mindful of the fact that Charizard has to discard a Fire energy every time it uses its second attack, so only use it when it will give you a one hit knock out. Otherwise, just use the first attack. As long as you have 4 Fire Pokemon on your bench, you're dealing out 70 damage for just 1 Fire Energy every turn. That should be a 2 turn KO in most instances.

Toy around with the other Supporters and you will see how they aid you along your way. Judge disrupts your opponent and refills your deck when you have a large hand. Cyrus's Conspiracy allows you to pull a Basic Energy, a Supporter, and a Trainer with Team Galactic's Invention in the title from your deck.

Call Energy is useful in two ways here. At the cost of ending your turn you can use it to search for and play to your bench 2 Basic Pokemon thus aiding your set-up. It can fill the :colorless: requirement on your Pokemon's attacks, but not the :fire: Energy requirement, and helps to make your Fire Energy last a little longer before you have to Fisherman.

Fire Energy is a Basic Energy searchable in this deck both by Cyrus's Conspiracy and Bronzong. It fills both :colorless: and :fire: Energy requirements of attacks.

Last edited:
Well, for the sake of argument, I'm going to assume...

That my friends is an awesome post. He should get +10 karma :D

I run a fire deck as well, and I just wanted to add in that Typhlosion Prime is a decent way to recycle those discarded energies as well as quickly buff your big hitters.

That my friends is an awesome post. He should get +10 karma :D

I run a fire deck as well, and I just wanted to add in that Typhlosion Prime is a decent way to recycle those discarded energies as well as quickly buff your big hitters.

I really like Typhlosion, but steer clear in this deck because quickly and consistently setting up 2 stage 2s that are absolutely necessary for the deck to work properly is a bear for anybody and especially a beginner. I also don't care for damaging my own Pokemon and didn't see the room in there to take care of that.

Thanks for the compliment as well, but I didn't post for points :)

My Charizard is from Arceus.

Wow, Thank you for all that advice!! ...but every time i try to set up my Charizard my opponent attacks it with energy split because it has energy on it ..ah wait! bench protection card!

I dont think i have the ninetails that lets u draw 3.

I have a Typlosion but i dont think im advanced enough to use him sorry! im just trying to take in that really long awesome post still.

If you need further explanation of any particular point, just let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

You can always set up a trade thread and get what you need. In general, people here are fairly easy to trade with.

Back