Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No Trainer tournament... what?!?!?!?

Hatter™

I was in a chat with some friends and someone suggested this idea, and everyone thought it would be an AMAZING!!!! idea!!!!

So, this year, my tournament at nationals... shall be.....

For the Swiss Rounds:
-No Trainer cards whatsoever, this includes:
*Supporters
*Stadiums
*Regular Trainers
*Tools
Everything else will be the same, 60 card decks,6 prizes... etc.(i may go to 40 cards or 50..)
Each round will be 30 minutes long and the top cut will vary based on attendance.
The prizes are also TBD and I am always looking for some prize support!!
Judges: Wanted!(lmk if interested)
Time Start: hopefully, 1 hr after end of day 1 of nats(TBD most likely).
Format: HP-On
Other Items needed: Computer, Printer, Tape!

The top cut will be normal decks, with some added rules:
- Each time you play a supporter from your hand, place 1 damage counter on each of your pokemon.
-Each time a pokemon is knocked out by a special condition, the player who got the knock out, searches there discard pile for a supporter and puts it in there hand.
-Each time a pokemon is knocked out by damage from an attack, the player who got the knock out, also draws 1 card.

Do you think you have what it takes to make it through the grueling challenged of using no trainer cards in your deck!!!!! This will truly test a players skills at this game.

Last edited:
Talk to the MTs there. They'll probably let you run something, especially if you have the equipment available to run it.

Sanctioned or unsanctioned?

Generally, they're pretty good about letting people use their area after they're done with it.

Unsanctioned, see I was planning on, when nationals gets closer, start asking people what there Top 6 sets are that Nintendo has made, and those would be the legal sets for my tournament, along with Pop 1-6, 001-050 in promos, and Dp001 on in those promos

Well, I know there were two or three other tournaments/get-togethers being run at the same time as our Mutant Madness event.

Run some kind of japanese-like tournament. Like the one Tego just posted about. That'd be fun!

aiight...
quick things:
i think it would be easier with 40 or maybe 50.... hmmm...... and if anyone wants to donate stuff lmk

Back