Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Noctowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrif

Hey, this is a fun deck I, believe, I made-up in my head last night while going through cards.

On with it:

Pokemon: 22
4-4 Noctowl (HGSS(draw one))
3-3 Weavile (Claw Snag)
2-2 Yanmega Prime
1-1 Slowking (Future Sight)
1 Cleffa
1 Tyrouge

T/S/S:26
4 Poke Com.
3 Junk Arm
2 Plus Power
4 PONT
4 Collector
4 Judge
3 Copycat
2 Black Belt

Energy: 12
4:colorless::colorless:
4:dark:
4 Special:dark:

Strategy:

Open w/ Hoothoot active, and a benched snivvy/slowbro/sneasel or a collector.

Evolve into Noctowl, use disruptive strategy of Judge/Weavile and Noctowl to even your hand size to do 80 for a DCE and a dark/special dark. If we end up w/ Weavile being our active we can use his feint claw (name??) to snipe around for 30, KOing those babies. The Serperior line is used for healing our weak Pokemon, Noctowl only has 90 HP which is bad being our main attacker besides Weavile.

All-in-all, I really enjoy this deck. Any questions, feel free to PM or ask me here! Happy Pokemoning!

Last edited:
Seems like an awesome fun deck.

You need some sort of attacker. I'd suggest Cinno, but he also has a fighting weakness. How about Donphan? You just have to remove a few darks then.

Sorry, let me rephrase that. You need a halfway decent attacker. His attack is waaaaayyy to situational.

Yanmega Prime is just begging to be in here. Also, like you said, your attackers are frail. They will most likely be one-hit so Seperior isn't really a good fit - especially considering the deck would be entirely stage 1's otherwise.

SSU is too flippy to be a 1-of card. You might as well drop that for a Catcher.

So any suggestions as to what to drop and stuff?

Yanmega: Sounds good, I can drop the Serperior line.

okay this is just an opinion but why not drop at lest one junk arm if your dropping the serperior because u don't need rare candy's anymore and you only got about 5 trainers excluding the arms. or maby add some plus powers , keep the arms, and drop the candys. also maybe u could just drop 1 noctowls for some else i know its base off of it but u got 4 coms and 2 elms, to me thats just a little overkill

good deck though very diffrent to what i usually play against i think you should deffently add the yanmegas though

Thinking:
- 2-1-2 Serperior Line (5 cards)
- 2 Candies (2 Cards)
- 1 Junk Arms (1 Card)
- 2 Elm (2)

+ 1 Judge
+ 1 Copy Cat
+ 2-2 Yanmega Prime line
+ 2/3 Black Belt
+ 1/2 Plus Power

---------- Post added 08/17/2011 at 06:58 AM ----------

Deck been updated, new changes!

List looks pretty good, although I have no idea how you'll execute your strategy. You can probably drop a Judge for a 4th Collector.

Why not add in a Porygon Z line from triumphant. you're gonna draw with noctowl, use porygon's power to get a valuable trainer from your discard to the top of your deck to draw it.

^At that point you might as well just run the Recycle reprint; it takes less space and you can get back better stuff too.

@Gyrif Well fine drop a Copycat instead, but every deck needs 4 collector unless you have other basic search such as Dual Ball. My decks run 4 Collector and 2 Pokegear because a T1 Collector is just that good. I've found that if I go first and lose a game it's almost always because either I miss more Reversal flips than my opponent or I whiff the T1 Collector.

EDIT- Ninja'd

Maybe add a Cleffa, a Manaphy and a Tyrogue for donks and hand refresh. I'm not a fan of Slowking so you could drop that but it's personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back