Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nocturnal Perception - A deck idea to use quick before the rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

corypoke2

Here's a deck I ran in a couple of Battle Roads (in an earlier form). It worked quite well and I had some great battles with it even if I didn't win big. I think it has potential especially with Claydol DX before the rotation. Comments and ideas for after rotation welcome!

Pokemon (20):
4-4 Hoothoot/Noctowl DP
4-3-3 Skitty PK/Delcatty PK/Delcatty ex CG
1-1 Baltoy/Claydol DX

Trainers (24):
"Mini" Holon engine (works great surprisingly)
4 Transceiver
1 Mentor
1 Lass
1 Adventurer
3 PETM
3 Copycat
2 Windstorm (Battle Frontier YUCK)
3 Pluspower
3 Warp Point
2 Master Ball
1 Dual Ball

Energy (16):
4 Scramble
4 Boost
2 Cyclone
2 Heal
2 Warp
2 Multi

Strategy: Idea is to get a consistent 80 damage per turn using Noctowl's Extrasensory attack. Trick is that you need to match the other players hand size. Copycat + non-supporter trainers + Constrain do this pretty well but usually dry up just when you need to get the last 80 (on a Flariados ex for example :cool: ). Enter Claydol DX with the Psychic Trace power (don't you love it when a lame power finally sees some use!!!). Delcatty PK is there for draw...Delcatty ex for constrain and energy recycling. Energy mix lets you disrupt nicely. I'm bummed that Claydol DX is rotating out...it's not often you get a reasonably consistent 80 no discard in a Stage 1...here's holding out hope it gets reprinted. That's it...ideas welcome!

I have a few ideas that may help this deck (for pre-rotation):
-2 master ball
-1 dual ball
-1 delcatty
-1 delcatty ex
-2 warp point
-1 plus power

+2 switch
+2 mentor
+2 baltoy (whichever one you like best)
+1 claydol DX
+1 copycat