Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Non-T1/Total Lock Unlimited Decks?

Tombstoner

With the new League season and all, I wanted to have a deck that is good and wins relatively quickly. (I know you do not need to win, but I want the matches to be quick.) So I did. I made a Crobat G-Zapdos MD donk deck, only to find right after a match (thanks to some kid who yelled that I won in one turn) that if somebody gets donked it doesn't count. I tried extending playing all the trainers to two turns, but then he said it had to be "a real game of Pokémon". So, I am trying to think of a deck I could use at League that is good but doesn't need to donk to win. Any suggestions?

And as for it not being a total lock deck, like Aggron ex/Aerodactyl/Dark Vileplume, people will get angry at me for that, and it still takes time to Knock everything Out.

Just wait a turn before you win ?_?

E:/ And what will your league leader tell to all the other people with kingdra donks / champ donks / crobat donks?

I told you that they said it had to be "a real game of Pokémon." Don't ask me about the people with donk decks, but I suppose they don't want us to "cheat the system" at all.

Get a definition for "real game of Pokemon" before you do anything, and possibly appeal it. I don't see how your league leader has the right to deny you a stamp just because you benched your opponent in a handful of turns. That's a legitimate win condition, even if it does shortchange the players from having a 'real' game. Are taking 6 prizes and decking out the only win conditions your league leader accepts? Do games have to go past a certain fixed number of turns before they count as 'real'?

Again, regardless of how they choose to define what a 'real' game is, I don't see how it is within their authority to even do so.

in the league rules it says you can`t deny players points for donking as it`s an aspect of the game just you just need tp look through the rules

Well, actually it was the store owner under my League leader's instructions, but it is my League leader's instructions, so...I'll ask her about that. Anywhere I can find those rules?
Come to think of it, the store owner said I couldn't play the same person multiple times either, and by letting me do that I was cheating the system. Anything on that in the rules? I find it less reasonable than the donk rule they had.
I think I found the rules, and look what I found:
If you feel that players are abusing the system, you may opt to not award them League stamps for their match.
I think a deck that 90% of the time wins on the first turn would fit this.
On another note, I found this too:
The use of counterfeit cards is strictly prohibited when participating in a Pokémon League. Counterfeit cards are never allowed a POP-supported events. If you find a player using counterfeit cards during a league session, those players are not to receive credit for the games they play while they are using those cards.
I thought the whole point of League was to test out decks, and this completely changes my view. Did my League just not notice it ever or what?

Last edited:
The donk is a legitimate form of winning. You played a real game of Pokemon, because that's what the format right now is big on; speed.

The Modified Format, that is. Just what's big in the Modified Format doesn't really justify what's usable in the Unlimited format IMO.
EDIT: I know it looks like I'm working against myself here, but I'm just saying what the leaders might think, and what I think is correct for the League given what I was told.

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, but there's not only speed decks around.

I built a deck that abuses every card ever made to always Knock Out absolutely everything in one turn. Doesn't it seem a little like cheating the system if the rules are as I was told?
And it would also be nice if somebody answered the question.

I built a deck that abuses every card ever made to always Knock Out absolutely everything in one turn. Doesn't it seem a little like cheating the system if the rules are as I was told?
And it would also be nice if somebody answered the question.

So this unbelievable deck that knocks out everything in one turn... you find playing this deck fun? It just doesn't seem that exciting to me.

I like it actually, though all my opponents get to do are place dice and discard stuff. I also like the idea of the deck only having 1 Energy, so yeah, I like it. Don't mean to sound rude, but...your point?

I like it actually, though all my opponents get to do are place dice and discard stuff. I also like the idea of the deck only having 1 Energy, so yeah, I like it. Don't mean to sound rude, but...your point?

I thought my point was clear. When something becomes too easy it ceases to be fun. Well.... most things. And i didn't think you were rude.

Well, seeing as I often have to miss League, I want to be able to earn 4 of the promos, and I thought the best way to do it quickly and definitely would be to use that deck. Before I get bored I usually feel bad for my opponent, so even before that was said, I warned my opponents beforehand that the deck in the Poké Ball box wins in one turn. I suppose the fact that I don't use it often makes it more fun when I do use it. For now my League deck will probably be Unlimited Speedrill. Uxie + Mr. Fuji could work well, if I'll even need it with a few Bills and Oaks.

My league has a rule against playing the same player again in sequence as well. We've had people bring broken decks before; I've even made one, but you play a few people, show everyone how clever you are, and then put it away. We've never had a problem with someone coming with a broken unlimited deck and just playing it to get points, the primary reason being, they will quickly run out of people that are willing to play them.

Even without the rule, I might as well just go with Unlimited Beedrill then. Nobody that I've already battled with using that deck or anybody that has seen me use that deck will not want to play against it again. Anyway, no modified deck can be too broken, unless everybody's using Theme Deck like concoctions. At my League, there are a few people that play decks like that, and a few that play decent ones.
I'll post my list once I get enough time to make it.

ok for those of you that aren't proffesors and run a league. the wonderful dan brandt has allowed league leaders optional rules they may included to prevent people from abusing the current system. including but not limiting: true matches, no donks, no scooping, no intentional losing (uxie or turning a Bat) and not playing the same player in a row. i know i will be using most of these at my own league

ok for those of you that aren't proffesors and run a league. the wonderful dan brandt has allowed league leaders optional rules they may included to prevent people from abusing the current system. including but not limiting: true matches, no donks, no scooping, no intentional losing (uxie or turning a Bat) and not playing the same player in a row. i know i will be using most of these at my own league

Awww, you mean I can't bring a deck with:

4 Electrode G
56 Energy

It's an actual deck...

Last edited:
I think donking with a modified-legal deck should earn points, as it's not something you can pull off every game. And counterfeit cards? Are proxies included?

Back