Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Normal" Animals in Pokemon Universe

taurik

This is probably a silly question, but does anyone know why there are no "normal" animals in the Pokemon Universe. Many of the Pokemon are variations of what we would consider "normal" animals, like cats, dogs, birds, insects, etc., but there are none of our normal animals. What gives?

Because it isn't the REAL universe, it is POKEMON!

In Pokemon universe, animals fight you!

In the "Pokemon Shipwreck" episode, there's a short scene where it shows fish (not pokemon) swimming. I think that's the only time where they showed real animals in teh cartoon show.
~Cyber~

In the episode with the Gastly haunting the maiden, Gastly turns into a Mongoose to attack Ekans and Koffing. I joked to my friend that they should have gone back and replaced it with a Zangoose later on.

In one of the original episodes of pokemon misty is downstairs and you can see fish that are not pokemon.

Gastly isn't as good example JIMO Ditto transformed into a connon and that's not a pokemon thats an item.

I believe the show is going to give an explanation for it later on.
Even though after 10 seasons Bulbasuar and Squirtle have not Evolved.

I noticed in the D&P Video Games, it mentions people using (eating) pokemon as food. Maybe that is why there is no need for real animals. Anyone for a Taruos steak? It's intense....

Gastly isn't as good example JIMO Ditto transformed into a connon and that's not a pokemon thats an item.

SO????

What's an item have to do with animals!?!?!?

I believe the show is going to give an explanation for it later on.
Even though after 10 seasons Bulbasuar and Squirtle have not Evolved.

Bulbasuar refused to evolve when it had the chance.

Explanation Ash is a crappy trainer

Last edited:
I noticed in the D&P Video Games, it mentions people using (eating) pokemon as food. Maybe that is why there is no need for real animals. Anyone for a Taruos steak? It's intense....

Psyduck a l'orange anyone? :)

I wonder how fried Magicarp would taste?

terrible. Your not supposed to eat magikarp.

Ok, so no eating Magikarp, but it's ok to eat Tauros, Kricketots, and Psyducks. These 3 have been mentioned, along with Magikarp as possible "food"

So there you go, leave the Magikarp alone, or else they will splash you. :lol:

when meowth tried to eat a magikarp, it cracked his teeth. magikarp are extremely hard. that was the episode that james' magikarp evolved.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

scrambled togepi for breakfast??

Last edited:
in the one where gloom got bulbasore sick someone said that glooms sent acts just like cat nip to a cat does.

Explanation Ash is a crappy trainer
haha! so true! he uses his crap pokemon against stuff that it would normaly be weak too (and still wins)! i hate that show it doesnt make any sense...

when meowth tried to eat a magikarp, it cracked his teeth. magikarp are extremely hard. that was the episode that james' magikarp evolved.
So are Shellder, but that doesn't mean their insides aren't yummy. The problem with Magikarp isn't that it's hard, it's that it lacks muscles or at least muscles good enough to eat.

Besides, how can you define sunflora as an animal. Isn't that a plant that walks? Don't get me started on how messed up pokemon ecology is.

On the Weepinbell card from Jungle, there is a bird sitting on the Weepinbell. In Ash Catches a Pokemon, Pidgeotto eats a worm soon after it lands before Ash uses his Pokedex.

Back