Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

North Texas McKinney, 1st Place Masters.

thechubbss12

Whew what a trip lol. First things first Oklahoma crew is repping 9 people to this event. Be honest never agian will I go to Ada before going to texas... It just takes WAY too long lol.

Round 1
Blissey tech
I love jerell (SP?). Kid is cooler then mess and makes me lawlz everytime I play him lol. Games panned out like the typical Blastcatty machine, turn 2/3 set up with Kyogre spreed. He just cant overcome the Double Launcher on the Dolls.

Round 2
Shuppet Donk
Dude this guy is aweomse, everytime I come to Texas hes one of the first people I look for. I dont think he has every beaten me but every time we play is always a 1 prize game lol. Early on he pulls ahead, I cant get a consistant spread moving and I got a slower then average setup. In the end I Double Launcher putting a Crobat G and a Uxie at 20/10 HP. Next turn I warp up the shuppet and Kyogre for 60/20 bench for the last 3 prizes lol.

Round 3
Gliscor bawls
Im playing Zach the fellow Okla player =/. Early game I decoded to camp my basics to take the special conditions and evolve to get rid of emm.. It proves the right play and i pull 3 prizes before time is called too his 2.

Round 4
Luxray GL/ Luxray
Ahh man Woah... this is like a 20/80 matchup his favor... Im feelling and early scoop but decide to play it out. Start with the Kyogre and get the full Drizzle setup t1, Next turn I drop a NRG on another Kyogre and Proced with the typical t2 full setup, Start the spread early but he decided to kill meh Doll Via Expert Belt + Flash Impact. Next turn I take advantage of the early spread and Double Launcher his 2 dolls on the bench, He wiffs on the Energy and trys to trash bolt, Unfortunate call and has to settle for a Flash Impact instead. I warp out the Luxray GL for the stage 2 of his and Drops another Kyogre spam. Double Launcher cleans up the last prizes but he makes it a hard hard game to win.

Round 5
Flygon/Machamp
Ahh flygon is a easily favoable matchup. He start with a Trapinch and me with a Kyogre, I go forst and call for Baltoy and Unkown G, Next turn he bebes for the doll and drops BTS. Cosmic and wiffs on the Candy for the champ. Next turn i guard the Kyogre and Roseannes for a Sqirtle and Uxie, Draw my 7 cards and get my full setup. Drizle and attach for the 3 nrg Kygre, Pretty much he scoops in 2 turns because i pull 4 prizes in 2 turns via Double Luancher.

Woot 5-0 in swiss... Judges say no bueno to getting a food break so we go strait into the top 8.

Top 8
Blissey/Infernape 4
Round 1 and 2
This isnt pretty, he gets crap both hands and i get typical t2 setup.. Not much to say except i felt bad for beating him just by having his weakness =/

Top 4
Palkia Lock
Round 1
T1 Blasoise attach call and pick up another Squirtle and Baltory, He locks up my stoise and passes. We procede to play this game out but Blastctty that play Pachirisu has the upper hand here. He scopes when i hit 5 prizes.

Round 2
I attack him the same way... we dont get very far into this game but i manage to pull 3 prizes when time is called. Ketler is an awesome player but he just hasnt test this matchup anywere near as much as I have. In the end that experiance wins it for me.

Finals
Flygon (Restructure Variant) Another Oklahoma Player lol
Round 1
T2 Typical setup and he cant recover... not much to say

Round 2
I come of early with Kygroe Spread but he gets the Nidoqueen out and start to get rid of the spread /cry. He manages to lock my Diagla active and Mill me to death with the Flygon LVL X =/.

Round 3
I know time is closing in because round 2 took soooo sooo long, So i drop the t1 Blastoise and Dig well for 1 NRG and attack for 30 (Call NRG = fail for damage lol). We both get setup around t3 and he starts his typical Resructure BS... well i get the quick 3 prizes with Double Luancher spread before he can get Nidoqueen out. His Energy Typhoon Vibrava is prized with would have probibly won him this game. But he scoops after i down the Flygon LVL X and he has nothing left on the bench.

Woot first City win fro me... I think ive placed in the top two in texas atleast 20 times lol but never score a win lawlz.
Thanx to texas for having me and I hope to see you ladies next week at Tom Bean.

Older Kettler*

(Younger Kettler hasn't played in Dallas yet this season ;))

Back