Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

North Texas~Platinum Prereleases

**** Discover New Worlds and New Formes ****
"Platinum Prereleases": North Texas Schedule​

Changes are coming......Just in time for the "States Championships"!!! That is right as this is the first series of cards for the "PLATINUM SERIES" for Pokemon-TCG. Below is the schedule for our events.

Date: January 31, 2009 :thumb:
"Comic Book Craze"
1456 Belt Line Road, Suite-121
Garland, Texas 75044
Start Time: 11:00AM
Entry Fee: $25.00
Staff: Spotter & Sunshine

Date: February 1, 2009 :thumb:
"Ground Zero Comics"
2714 East 5th Street
Tyler, Texas 75701
Start Time: 11:00AM
Staff: Megan Davis & Michael Seigler

Date: February 7, 2009 :thumb:
"Y2Komics"
5276 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76133
Start Time: 12:00PM
Staff: MrMeches & PersonNo1533

Date: February 8, 2009 :thumb:
"Fantasy Quest"
119 North Sunset Blvd.
Sherman, Texas 75092
Start Time: 12:00PM
Staff: Tomcat & dadbobo

If you have any questions, my contact information is below.

Master Professor Birch
Richard Collinsworth
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]
PokeGym PM: Master Professor Birch

The information below is straight from the official Pokemon website.

What are Pokémon TCG Prerelease tournaments?

Platinum Prerelease TournamentPrerelease tournaments allow you to receive and play with cards from upcoming expansions two weeks prior to the official release date of the set!
Prerelease Promo Card Prerelease Promo Sleeves
Platinum Prerelease Tournament

Discover New Worlds and New Formes … Early!

The latest Pokémon Trading Card Game expansion, Pokémon TCG: Platinum, is coming to stores on February 11. From incredible Pokémon LV.X like Giratina to the mysterious new Lost Zone, from the newly discovered Pokémon Shaymin to the villainous Team Galactic, you’ll discover worlds you never knew existed and fight battles you never knew were possible. Get a sneak peek when you attend a prerelease tournament near you January 31 through February 8. Plus, receive cool prizes including an exclusive Lucario prerelease promo card just for participating!*

* While supplies last.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are Pokémon TCG: Platinum Prerelease tournaments?
Pokémon TCG: Platinum Prerelease tournaments allow players to receive and play with cards from the upcoming Platinum expansion up to two weeks prior to the official release date of the set!

Participation prizes are awarded to all finishers in each of three age divisions (Junior, Senior, and Masters).

Prerelease events are operated by independent Tournament Organizers across North America.
When are the Pokémon TCG: Platinum Prerelease tournaments?

Pokémon TCG: Platinum Prerelease tournaments are being held from January 31 to February 8, 2009.

How much does the event cost?

Tournament Organizers charge a minimum $25 fee for these events.

The admission charge includes 6 booster packs of Pokémon TCG: Platinum, which you'll use to build your deck. These cards are yours to keep after you complete the event.
What do I need to know?

* Bring your POP ID, if you have one. If you don't have a POP ID, one will be given to you at the event.
* See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for more information about what to bring to an event.
* Make sure you arrive on time. If you are late for registration, you may not be able to play in the event.
* To participate in the event, you must be a player in good standing and abide by the Tournament Rules.
* See the Legal Notice for certain eligibility requirements and other information, including information concerning limitations on Pokémon USA, Inc.’s liability.

What is the tournament structure?

The tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age-Modified Swiss pairings. If attendance is appropriate, some Organizers may choose to run straight Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds to be run will depend on total attendance at the event.

In addition to the standard Prerelease tournament structure, some Platinum Prerelease events offer the more casual Theme Deck Challenge.

For the Theme Deck Challenge, registration costs are the same as for the standard event, but players receive a theme deck from Platinum to play in the event. At the end of the event, all participants receive 4 booster packs.

The Theme Deck Challenge uses standard Swiss pairings, not Age-Modified Swiss.
What are the prizes?

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: Platinum Prerelease promo card and a Platinum promotional item, while supplies last.

In addition, all players who complete the event will receive 2 additional booster packs of Platinum.

All Prereleases count toward your Pokémon Player Rewards credits. Participation in the Pokémon Rewards Program is free of charge.

The results of Prereleases do not count toward a player’s Premier Rating.

We hope to see you at our "Platinum Prerelease" events.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
OMG, OMG, OMG!!

Birch WINS his First Cities since the creation of the game and now he brings us Pre-Releases!!! He IS the MASTER PTO!!

Can't wait for all the NEW and Exciting Cards in this set G!

Fish

I wanna go to this... for the sleeves... but I don't wanna go to it... because I'm lazy. Ground Zero Comics prerelease should've been on a better date though. I might go to CBC. =)

need homeofmew/puruglyG/rememberthealamo/affliction.dec cards.

I really can't afford a booster draft... lol
The bad thing is... the only people playing will probably be only me and Dallas. Tyler has a lack of interest and Justin has given up.

Pokemon players, we have four more days until the "Garland~Platinum Prerelease". MP Birch has heard a lot of good things about this set!!! With the weather supposing to warm up this weekend, come on out and play with these "HOT" new cards!!! We will start at 10:00am with registration and hand out packs at 11:00am.

East Texas Pokemon players, there is only five days until we will hold our first Pokemon prerelease in Tyler. Again, we will be through with our event well before the "Super Bowl" begins at 5:00pm on Sunday!!! Come on out enjoy playing with the new cards from the "Platinum" series.

MP Birch

Now I wish I could go.

Actually. Birch, what time do you expect the main event to end based on expected attendance? I would like to go, but if this runs late then I'll stay home.

Back