Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Northern Lights (Froslass-Bronzong (possible article in the coming weeks))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamui988

I tried to make a creative name instead of just calling it spread, this is all I came up with.

Pokemon: 22

4-4x Froslass
2-2x Bronzong
2-2x Claydol
1-1x Starmie
2x Spiritomb
1x Azelf
1x Azelf Level X

Trainers: 23

4x Bebe's Search
4x Roseanne's Research
3x Warp Point
3x Cynthia's Feelings
2x Super Scoop Up
2x Night Maintenance
2x Team Galactic's Wager
2x Moonlight Stadium
1x TM TS-2 Devoluter

Energy: 15

7x Water Energy
4x Psychic Energy
4x Call Energy

Basically use Froslass' icy breath to damage their active and 10 to the bench, and to bring out bronzong to wipe out with cursed alloy since icy breath added counters to everything. Cursed Alloy helps kill pokemon like claydol used in every deck.

Thanks, Kam

Last edited:
Take out a 1-1 zong line because youy only need 2-2 and add in a 1-1 azelf lv.x line because the La one helps set up and get stuff out of your prizes and the lv.x can do a lot of damage at times. Also I would switch the count fo water and psychic.

One of the most coherent lists I've seen on here in a long time.

-1 Night Maintenance
+1 Roseanne

2 NM is excessive with your lines as thick as they are. My friend built something similar, and this loses to anything grass, and has serious problems vs AMU. Being able to fit in Energy Pickup would probably be a good idea, but it'd be tricky to take stuff out.

Good luck with this.

Blaziken - I do think 3-3 bronzong was too much but I only added one azelf, I planned on adding him as a tech at a later point anyways. I'm not too sure about X right now though.

Absolution - I'll keep trying with 2 NM's right now and if it ends up not working I'll think of something else, I think 4 roseannes is personally too much in itself.

Soccer_kid13 - I really disliked bucks since it only helped my froslass but it sometimes helps, but too situational. I'll give POV a test run and if they don't work I'll go back to bucks.

Andrejev - Starmie went under my radar and can help for a snipe KO to those annoyers on the bench.

Bumping - Would like some more feedback before I seriously field test this next week IRl, I only did a couple test runs on redshark, but battles take way to long on redshark to get any good info down.

Best spread deck I've seen yet, except...
One of the most coherent lists I've seen on here in a long time.

...My friend built something similar, and this loses to anything grass, and has serious problems vs AMU. Being able to fit in Energy Pickup would probably be a good idea, but it'd be tricky to take stuff out.

Good luck with this.

So what are you going to do against Torterra/Magmortar/LopunnyLA, (not necessarily in the same deck!)
Mainly Torterra. say you get ahead in prizes, and they lv. up & pull up bronzong?

Just wondering.

selerky said:
So what are you going to do against Torterra/Magmortar/LopunnyLA, (not necessarily in the same deck!)
Mainly Torterra. say you get ahead in prizes, and they lv. up & pull up bronzong?

Play Warp Point or Moonlight? You're asking about if Torterra pulls up Bronzong with its 3 retreat right?

I like this list... but you might be able to get away with just 1 NM if you're playing thick evo lines. Is Azelf LVX the one with the attack that's dependent on how many energies your opponent has in play?

Play Warp Point or Moonlight? You're asking about if Torterra pulls up Bronzong with its 3 retreat right?

I like this list... but you might be able to get away with just 1 NM if you're playing thick evo lines. Is Azelf LVX the one with the attack that's dependent on how many energies your opponent has in play?

Yes it is, it's a little thick for my wallet right now but I'll try 1-NM +1 Azelf X later on.

Also as you pointed out, just use moonlight or warp, it's easy to retreat Zong.

Um, what I meant was what-if-they-pull-up-your-best-hitter-and-totally-OWN-your-deck-since-DP Torterra-can-heal-every-grass-pkmn-which-runs-directly-against-your-strategy kinda thing.
I just picked Bronzong for his spread theme, not because I thought you'd want to save him from K.O.
Are you going to add Electrode IFDS when he comes out, or is that too long-term?

Um, what I meant was what-if-they-pull-up-your-best-hitter-and-totally-OWN-your-deck-since-DP Torterra-can-heal-every-grass-pkmn-which-runs-directly-against-your-strategy kinda thing.
I just picked Bronzong for his spread theme, not because I thought you'd want to save him from K.O.
Are you going to add Electrode IFDS when he comes out, or is that too long-term?

The Electrode is ok, I'll give him thought in the future, but right now im just concerned with what is legal.

i play a decklist similarly-ish like this it works wonders. its like SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD KO SPREAD SPREAD KO KO KO KO KO!

4-4 Frosslass (LA)
3-3 Bronzong (MD)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
1 Spiritomb (LA)

Trainers (26)
4 Be Be's Search
3 POV
3 PokeRadar
3 Dusk Ball
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Warp Point
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Night Maintenance
2 Moonlight Stadium
1 TSD

Energies (15)
4 Multi Energy
4 Water Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Here's my list, I always get my Frosslass by t2.

4-4 Frosslass (LA)
3-3 Bronzong (MD)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
1 Spiritomb (LA)

Trainers (26)
4 Be Be's Search
3 POV
3 PokeRadar
3 Dusk Ball
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Warp Point
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Night Maintenance
2 Moonlight Stadium
1 TSD

Energies (15)
4 Multi Energy
4 Water Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Hmm not a bad list at all, do you have any pairings or any use against AMU or emp or any of the sort?

4-4 Frosslass (LA)
3-3 Bronzong (MD)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
1 Spiritomb (LA)

Trainers (26)
4 Be Be's Search
3 POV
3 PokeRadar
3 Dusk Ball
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Warp Point
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Night Maintenance
2 Moonlight Stadium
1 TSD

Energies (15)
4 Multi Energy
4 Water Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Why only 4 Waters? Froslass needs [W][C] to speard and Brongzong [ ] So why 7 Psychics and those 4 Multis, i would play:
4 Call
6-8 Water
2-4 Psycic

I love Froslass, and your list looks really good. Azelf lv. X is great because it helps with srpead, and because you already play Azelf it's a no-brainer. I play 2-2 Starmie, I think that's really important. 50 to anything with a power for [P] is SOO good, plus its first attack has nice synergy with Bronzong. It also helps a ton against AMU. I'd also switch your energy count around and play more water than psychic. Maybe take out one Night Maintenance and both Oak's Visit. You don't really need that extra draw with Claydol and Cynthia's. And swap out a Warp Point for another Cynthia's.

Just my thoughts on this deck.

^ I ran a Starmie in a lightning deck (i.e. no water/psychic) and just put 2 Multi En. in. I didn't have too much trouble, and I didn't even have Claydol. Also, Starmie works really well with PlusPower= attach pp, Star Boomerang, return Starmie and all cards(including PlusPower!) to hand. Rinse & repeat. As long as they can't do 80 or 50 w/Lightning pokemon, you're good.
Also, I just got 1 Claydol & 1 Baltoy and it's sped up my deck like 5 turns when I can get it up, abt. 40% of the time.

just my thoughts on Magic Mew's thoughts on..... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back