Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Norwich Citys champs results

yay i won the city champs today didnt lose once it was a very hard day but every 1 played very well well done evry 1 ty all for attending

Wow, what a day! A great tourney was had by all! Alex Smith just squeezed out Matthew Hatch in the 10- group with a rainbow deck that seemed to work well and surprised a few people! In the 11-14 group Stephen Green, Alex Pike, Justin Kempley and Shaun Banham made it through to T4. Shaun lined up against Justin and Alex took on Stephen. Shaun was playing his favoured Speed DragTrode and Justin had a Parasect/Sunflora deck that had recently done very well at a CC in London, where it took third place.Shaun took early control in the matchplay, and despite a brilliant rearguard action by Justin, who has become a very accomplished player in a short time,Shaun took it 2-0. In the other match Stephen played a blinding match against Alex. Stephen was using a lovely Eveelution deck and Alex had a very nice rogue deck with Deoxys ex,Claydol, Unowns and Machamp.Stephen's speed was the decisive factor with a fast set up and went on to take the match. In the final Shaun played Stephen. In the first match Stephen was so close to winning early when he only needed the flip of a coin to knock out the lone Dratini but the tails let him down. Shaun then produced the goods when he laid down a dual ball and lanette's and got his bench going and gradually took control. In the end Shaun took the match and the CC title 2-0 but Stephen pushed him all the way with his very well thought out Eeveelution deck. In the end Shaun did not lose a match all day which shows there's still life in a well built DragTrode deck!! In the 15+ it was fought out between Adam Gadir,Bruce Kelf, Simon Humphry and Sean Dawdry. In the opening match Bruce played Adam and Sean took on Simon. Bruce was playing his Camerupt ex deck which had been doing very nicely at league and Adam had his Dk slowking/ slowking/ jirachi deck. Adam took the first match when Bruce couldn't get anything going but Bruce came back in a war of attrition to level at 1-1. He then went on to take it 2-1 when the Camerupt ex/ smooth over combo kicked in and the power was just too much for Adam's Dk slowking deck to take! In the other match Simon had his rock-lock deck up against Sean's Ludicargo varient.I didn't see too much of this one but Simon took it 2-0 and looked very strong! In the final Bruce's firepower with camerupt ex and moltres ex was just too much for Simon's rock-lock, and despite throwing a couple of TM rocks in to slow down the firestorm, Bruce took the 15+ title and thouroughly deserved it!

A superb day was had by all despite the slightly disappointing turnout (18). A lot of our older players have moved away to university and other ones have work, girls, football and booze but not neccessarily in that order!! :lol: :rolleyes: Anyhow, here's to the next one in January!!

P.S. A special thank you to Justin and Zoe Orchard for making the trip!! You're a couple of stars!! :thumb:

Thanks very much! Will be there in January just you wait and see! Well done to Bruce, Shaun and Alex and everyone who played on the day. Thanks to Martin for running the tourney so well. well worth the journey!

As you know Justin, come January, you're more that welcome up here in Norwich! With your enthusiasm and friendliness you're our favourite "out of towner" !!

Hi Martin, sorry, I actually won at the Windsor cities today so I probably won't be up till the legend maker pre-release as I've qualified for nationals!

Say hi to everyone there though!

Back