Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Note Taking

taurik

Since this topic has come up a few times, I had some questions regarding note taking, specifically as regarding note taking about your hidden prizes.

We know that encoded notes are not allowed. However, do you have to write down exact information about the cards? For example, if I only care whether the card is a pokemon or a trainer, can I only note that information? Am I allowed to abbreviate. as long as I explain what the abbreviation means, and it isn't misleading (like writing P for trainer, T for Pokemon)?

You would have to put the name of the card since they are then considered public knowledge. You could put like POV or TSD but if the opponent asks what it stands for you would have to tell them.

He means just writing "Trainer," "energy," or "Pokemon" for what they are.

I don't see why not, it isn't in code and you are getting the same amount of information your opponent is.

Well yes and no. You are getting what type of card, but you are seeing what card it is. You see Dusk Ball you put Trainer. You know what it is but the opponent only knows what type it is so you are getting much more info than they are so this method won't work.

I would have no problem with a player revealing limited info like that, T or P.
The notes have to be clear and accurate. There is no requirement that they be complete.

Well yes and no. You are getting what type of card, but you are seeing what card it is. You see Dusk Ball you put Trainer. You know what it is but the opponent only knows what type it is so you are getting much more info than they are so this method won't work.

Maybe I have the worst memory of any pokemon player ever, but I definitely realign my prizes so I have pokemon up top, trainers down bottom, and energy in the middle (...the actual order seems to vary game by game, but its something like that). ...And still forget which trainer was which or which pokemon was that amazing tech that I didn't need yet. I see some advantage in knowing what type of card is where, but you've frankly got better things to worry about then memorizing "wait, which trainer is which?" and not writing it down :/

Back