1 Max Potion
1 Energy Search
1 Dowsing Machine
3 Ultra Ball

2 Virbank City Gym
1 Frozen City

Energy - 10
10 Darkness

I don't know whether it's better to run more draw power, eg. Bicycle instead of running Skyla. I also don't know whether I would be able to fit any hammers in this build.

It would be great if you could help.

So the strategy of the deck is to attack with Darkrai and use Sableye to Junk Hunt from items.

? - Not 100% sure about this card.

Last edited:
heres the list i play-

1+darkrai EX
2-Bianca
2-Bicycle
1+Random Receiver
1-Frozen City
4- Pokemon Catcher
1-Hypnotoxic Laser
1-Dowsing Machine
1+Computer search
2+Colress
1+Max potion
2+Darkness energy

hope that helped :wink:

heres the list i play-

1+darkrai EX
2-Bianca
2-Bicycle
1+Random Receiver
1-Frozen City
4- Pokemon Catcher
1-Hypnotoxic Laser
1-Dowsing Machine
1+Computer search
2+Colress
1+Max potion
2+Darkness energy

hope that helped :wink:

Don't really feel comfortable going with the changes you suggested. Colress works great as a tech but not 3. Frozen City, works wonders on RayBoar and Blastoise, Dowsing Machine is there to out dowse your opponent's Tropical Beach. Bianca and Bicycle work wonders. I don't want to get rid off all my catchers since when I ran 2, I wanted more. Also to me 12 darkness energy is overkill. Also I only have 3 Darkrai.

I'd suggest you add another Absol. Should your opponent have an active Safeguard Ability Poke (e.g., Sigilyph) and your only Absol is prized, then you will be at a great disadvantage.

Also, you have a nice mix of draw Supporters: 2 Bianca (compliments Ultra Balls nicely), 1 Colress, 3 N, and 4 PJs. Along with these Supporters, you 2 Bicycle, as well as 2 Random Receiver. In total, you have 14 "outs" to get some type of card draw support, 16 if you use the Skyla to get a Bicycle. That's, IMHO, way too many. I run only 13 outs for card draw and my deck runs efficiently. I'd suggest re-balancing your card draw (to find the right combo that works for you):

• -2 Bianca
  • -2 Random Receiver
  • -1 Pokemon Catcher (3 should be sufficient, especially since you can Junk Hunt these back)
  • -1 Energy Switch (2 should be sufficient, especially since you can Junk Hunt these back)
  • +2 Colress. Seemingly, most players have full benches; so, these will provide great card draw power.
  • +4 Ultra Ball. There is no Poke search capability in your current deck list.... huh??? Secondly, these will help you discard D energy that you can Dark Patch later.
Lastly, if your area's metagame includes VirGen decks, then your Ht Lasers are rendered ineffective. So, you may want to replace 1-2 of those with Silver Bangle.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you add another Absol. Should your opponent have an active Safeguard Ability Poke (e.g., Sigilyph) and your only Absol is prized, then you will be at a great disadvantage.

Also, you have a nice mix of draw Supporters: 2 Bianca (compliments Ultra Balls nicely), 1 Colress, 3 N, and 4 PJs. Along with these Supporters, you 2 Bicycle, as well as 2 Random Receiver. In total, you have 14 "outs" to get some type of card draw support, 16 if you use the Skyla to get a Bicycle. That's, IMHO, way too many. I run only 13 outs for card draw and my deck runs efficiently. I'd suggest re-balancing your card draw (to find the right combo that works for you):

• -2 Bianca
  • -2 Random Receiver
  • -1 Pokemon Catcher (3 should be sufficient, especially since you can Junk Hunt these back)
  • -1 Energy Switch (2 should be sufficient, especially since you can Junk Hunt these back)
  • +2 Colress. Seemingly, most players have full benches; so, these will provide great card draw power.
  • +4 Ultra Ball. There is no Poke search capability in your current deck list.... huh??? Secondly, these will help you discard D energy that you can Dark Patch later.
Lastly, if your area's metagame includes VirGen decks, then your Ht Lasers are rendered ineffective. So, you may want to replace 1-2 of those with Silver Bangle.

why didint i think of 4 ultra balls?!
i guess im just so used to seeing them i just automaticly think that the deck has 4 ultra balls and 4 prof juniper that i just take it in stride.
also, i think you should stick with 1 absol, plasma klang is not the meta game monster it used to be,you can do a total of 120 base damige but both you and your opponint need a full bench and it has low hp anyhow.

• -2 Bianca
  • -2 Random Receiver

I can't believe I forgot Ultra Ball, I like using my supporter line of Draw Support that I have but I might just play with the list for a bit. I kinda want to keep Mr. Mime so that I can survive bench damage, which wasn't in a previous list with max potion. I would also happily take away 1 Pokemon Catcher. But may I ask why Silver Bangle? The only attacker to Utilize this is Absol, as it does not work on EX Poke.

But may I ask why Silver Bangle? The only attacker to Utilize this is Absol, as it does not work on EX Poke.
In my area, the top decks played mostly are VirGen, Darkrai, Blastoise, RayBoar, and PlasmaBox. I've found 2 Absol to be critical in situations where I can KO an opponent's EX Poke with just an Absol; so, I won't have an EX for an EX exchange. If the opponent has a full bench, Absol can 1HKO most EX Poke with an attached Silver Bangle and Ht Laser (with VCG in play too). This 2-for-1 prize exchange can be quite advantageous (especially since I can easily power-up up an Absol in 1 turn).

Without Absol and Silver Bangle, you can not 1HKO Poke like Rayquaza EX, Black Kyurem EX nor Genesect EX, etc. whereas those Poke can surely 1HKO a Darkrai EX. Absol (with Silver Bangle and LaserBank) can help "level" the playing field. Otherwise, you are at a disadvantage, IMHO.

Last edited:
also have you thought of munna from BCR? its got a ability that lets you flip a coin every turn, then if its heads your oppnents active pokemon is aslep if its tales your active is aslep, if its tails you can just rush in free dark cloak retreat to remove the condtion

also have you thought of munna from BCR? its got a ability that lets you flip a coin every turn, then if its heads your oppnents active pokemon is aslep if its tales your active is aslep, if its tails you can just rush in free dark cloak retreat to remove the condtion

I don't feel like adding that. Mainly because if Keldeo is not there then and I flip tails I lose an attack for that turn.

Playing double keldeo is not really needed, one should be sufficient since the risk of gothlock is low. If your local Metagame is full of gothlock then double keldeo is viable but if there's little gothlock then playing one is all that's needed. Also I would reduce your ball count to three since with 11-12 pokemon you will draw into them frequently enough to get them in to play and you still have three ultra ball to search for specific ones.

Playing double keldeo is not really needed, one should be sufficient since the risk of gothlock is low. If your local Metagame is full of gothlock then double keldeo is viable but if there's little gothlock then playing one is all that's needed. Also I would reduce your ball count to three since with 11-12 pokemon you will draw into them frequently enough to get them in to play and you still have three ultra ball to search for specific ones.

I tend to run Keldeo as what will happen if one is prized and a lot of players in my area play lasers. Ball count is 3.

Having 2 Keldeo isn't a bad option; it almost guarantees you a Keldeo for the game and it makes it easier to draw into it earlier in the game. It's very helpful to get an early Keldeo because you can send it up to take whatever damage your opponent tries to give it while you can Dark Patch to a Darkrai (say when you go first and you want to get a T2 Night Spear without your Darkrai taking damage).

Also, some players did OK with 2 Keldeo in their decks before Gothlock came popular (due to the rise in play of laser). As to what VictiniCup said, it is very helpful against lasers.

editted sorry shiny mewtwo not what I meant :p (added "before")

Last edited:
Having 2 Keldeo isn't a bad option; it almost guarantees you a Keldeo for the game and it makes it easier to draw into it earlier in the game. It's very helpful to get an early Keldeo because you can send it up to take whatever damage your opponent tries to give it while you can Dark Patch to a Darkrai (say when you go first and you want to get a T2 Night Spear without your Darkrai taking damage).

Also, some players did OK with 2 Keldeo in their decks Gothlock came popular (due to the rise in play of laser). As to what VictiniCup said, it is very helpful against lasers.

Jason Klaczynski played 2 keldeo EX and 0 absol in his deck and he won worlds.
hi joltic!

Jason Klaczynski played 2 keldeo EX and 0 absol in his deck and he won worlds.

That was a very different game format and he definitely didn't run Darkrai yesterday at the City Championship....

By the way, have you considered running a Victini EX for the VirGen matchup? Needless to say, your Keldeo EX are huge targets; but, VEX can provide a nice counter.

Last edited:
That was a very different game format and he definitely didn't run Darkrai yesterday at the City Championship....

By the way, have you considered running a Victini EX for the VirGen matchup? Needless to say, your Keldeo EX are huge targets; but, VEX can provide a nice counter.

true, true, and iff you are going to run vivtini EX you should run BLEND GFPD

IMO, Spiritomb is better because it doesn't mess up the energy lines. Victini does the job better but you have to sacrifice consistency which is one of the few things Darkrai has that keeps it in this format.

IMO, Spiritomb is better because it doesn't mess up the energy lines. Victini does the job better but you have to sacrifice consistency which is one of the few things Darkrai has that keeps it in this format.
My personal style is not to have a bench-warming Poke like Spiritomb that really can't attack in my deck. Besides, the VirGen deck player will just (easily) Red Signal that Poke and 1hKO it... So, very little, if anything, is gained in the long run.

The Victini EX also serves another purpose: Turbo Energize can power-up my benched Darkrai EXs. It is used in selective situations, but the risk-reward ratio justifies a slot in my deck. And it does not reduce consistency that much at all.

IMO, you should try to make Random Receiver as non-random as possible. This means don't play Skyla with it at least (even though Skyla is my fav Supporter). Suggestions:

-1 Skyla
-1 Colress
-2 Bianca
-1 Dark Claw
-1 Absol, or Keldeo

+1 N
+2 Random Receiver
+2 Bicycle
+1 Ultra Ball

Need 4 Ultra Balls to get energy in the discard for Dark Patch. You may think about keeping a single Bianca just to have more than 8 Supporters (12 counting Receivers), but I'm at a loss as what you'd cut for it. I prefer the item draw myself. Also think about Computer Search.

IMO, you should try to make Random Receiver as non-random as possible. This means don't play Skyla with it at least (even though Skyla is my fav Supporter). Suggestions:

-1 Skyla
-1 Colress
-2 Bianca
-1 Dark Claw
-1 Absol, or Keldeo

+1 N
+2 Random Receiver
+2 Bicycle
+1 Ultra Ball

Need 4 Ultra Balls to get energy in the discard for Dark Patch. You may think about keeping a single Bianca just to have more than 8 Supporters (12 counting Receivers), but I'm at a loss as what you'd cut for it. I prefer the item draw myself. Also think about Computer Search.

You don't need 4 ultra balls but with a 3/2 split of Darkrai and Absol it isn't a bad option.

I wouldn't -1 dark claw they're really good against stuff like plasma because of the 90+20+30 combo which KOs Kyurem and sets up Deoxys/thundurus for a 30 snipe.

Dowsing machine allows you to reuse N and Frozen City. It also acts as a place holder for junk hunt. Computer search is great but Dowsing machine works better now that we're using Frozen city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back