Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nyc for worlds 2013!!!

yuki_potsd

PLAYERS LETS BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE IT HAPPEN, THROW IN YOUR INPUT AND HELP CONVINCE THE HIGHER UPS TO GIVE NY A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

PRO'S:

- amazing public transportation
- amazing food and restaurants
- tourist hot spot ( Broadway, sight seeing, pure culture)
- ny and nj have tons of hotels and motels to choose from
- 6 Flags great adventure ( yea yea its not disney world but its something), Coney island is here too ^^
- nintendo world
- tons more of great reasons

CONS

- brain fart lol
i cant think of any

IF WE CAN GET AN EARLY ROTATION, WE CAN MOVE A WORLDS!!!

Personally, I would love to see the World Championships in NYC. Even if I didn't get an invite, I would still love to go and just check everything out. This would also be easier travel for all European players of which there are quite a few. New York City is one of the worlds greatest cities and not only is this a players' choice location, having world championships here would be enormous for pokemon popularity.

i kno but i actually cant think of any- i live here and its hard to find them from a different pov. but if anyone has any it would be great.

If you want a chance you have to aim a little more in the future than 2013.

Chances are, Worlds 2013's venue will already be finalised, booked and paid for. And 2014's venue will be being close to finalising. (These aren't exact, but I know how far in advance this stuff needs to be sorted).

Try aiming for 2015/2016 is you want to give P!P a chance to consider it and actually put it into place.

Cons:

It would be hard for the Japanese to get there CHEAPLY.

I'd love it though. I could take Marc Train to get to NY.

Also, the metro system is nice.

I can think of one very good con...how about expensive? I mean, it'd cost at least as much as Hawaii likely when we're talking food/hotel/transportation, not to mention that's very far from Japan (though to be fair, they've held ones in Florida and those have worked out, plus it makes an easier commute from Europe).

East coast of North America needs events, it has easier access to Eastern Canadian players. NYC is so fun and I liked my own personal NYC trip than Worlds in San Diego (NYC is one of my favorite cities). It has easier access for Europe and it is a place many Japanese players might like to go to (Hawaii and San Diego get a tad dull after every year). Worlds in NYC should happen or Worlds somewhere in Europe, Asia, or maybe some Island that's tropical, I just don't want Worlds in San Diego again (Hawaii is cool with me).

San Diego felt odd. It was nice, but the homeless people made it kinda sad, Hawaii (at least the Worlds venue) didn't have any of that. I want a pure vacation destination, I don't really care about the cost as long as I can hang out with all of my friends on a crazy resort area.

PRO'S:

- amazing public transportation
yes, expensive taxi's and learning how to navigate on a subway sounds realistic
- amazing food and restaurants
which cost a LOT of $$$$$$$
- tourist hot spot ( Broadway, sight seeing, pure culture)
sure....assuming we are in manhattan/nyc, NY is a big state
- ny and nj have tons of hotels and motels to choose from
alternatives to the hilton in san diego were very well priced and within close distance. not sure prices outside of the NY venue would be the same.
- 6 Flags great adventure ( yea yea its not disney world but its something), Coney island is here too ^^
we're talking about Pokemon, right?
- nintendo world
first thing i agree with
- tons more of great reasons
yeah i doubt that

CONS

- expensive, $$, dollars, cheese, green, cheddar....a lot of $$
- the Japanese would have a much harder time getting to NY, and they are a big part of our worlds.
- why choose NY in august when you can go to the BEACH in SD or Hawaii? Hmm...nice beach, or NY....
- also, who would want to spend their 1-2 weeks of vacation in NY? I would prefer to go to the beach where it is warm and can relax while my kid plays Pokemon.

Responses in bold

Just do it in Europe.
Both Americans and Japanese have almost the same travel times.
Americans can do a lot more then in San Diego/Hawaii (sightseeing etc).

Back