Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OAKALND and MODESTO report 1st PLACE IN BOTH!

HYPER EEVEE

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
OAKLAND PRERELEASE TOURNEY (6/12/04)

1x Regice ex
1x Gorebyss
1x Huntail
3x Clamperl
2x Snorunt
1x Glalie
1x Luvdisc
1x Castform Rain
1x Castform
1x Staryu
1x Starmie
1x Beldum (psychic)
1x Metang (psychic)
2x Shuppet

1x ATM (steel)
1x Island Cave

12x Water
8x Psychic

Game 1 Mathew (11-14)
He had nothing that could even do damage to my starting pokemon Clamperl, so when I got Regice ex out no contest.
1-0-0 3 pts.

Game 2 don’t know his name (15+)
Note: We mixed up the divisions early due to a software malfunction.
I go first with only basic Clamperl attach energy. Next turn 20+ para and the turn after Huntail 40 game.
2-0-0 6pts.

Game 3 Benjamin (15+)
LOUSY START!!!, but I WAS SOOO HAPPY WHEN I GOT A BASIC. He got 2 prizes before I did anything but when Huntail was powered up 4 straight prizes because his only big was Claydol (fighting) and he was weak to Huntail.
3-0-0 9pts.

Game 4 Alexander (11-14)
Note: at this time him and I were the only ones who won all 3 games yet (in the whole tourney), but prior to the tourney my mom caught him and his dad sharing cards.
I GO FIRST WITH ONLY CLAMPERL AGAIN! (Note: I did all 4 times) I attach a [w] and then he goes. He had only a Rhyhorn so he attaches a [f] and does double stab 2 tails. Then my turn I evolve to Gorebyss attach [p] 30 double due to weakness GAME
4-0-0 12pts.

Look Back Notes
-I LOVE the Clamperl lines
-I got a trade Mewtwo ex for a Groudon ex
-Alexander placed 2nd and his dad did lousy even though they cheated
-The guy who was 1st in 15+ (3-1-0) stalled out to get his tie (3rd round) when he was going to lose
- NONE OF MY GAMES WERE LONGER THEN 8 TURNS

Props
-Nick (aka Nick15) is pretty cool and a good judge
-Karl (pt&e1) ran a cool tourney
-The Oakland players for being so nice
-My mom for letting me come
-Free caltrain ride day as ride
-Bart so I can transfer to get on a train that gets right near the tourney site

Slops
-Wes (aka Gengar) for saying I was going to get shot if I come
-Alexander for cheating
-Chris (aka TRUK) for slopping me in his Cupertino report
-A couple noisy kids who came late
-Having to wake up at 6 to get on a train that arrives on time
-Having no car so we could not get food
-No side events except theme deck

4-0-0 Hooray! Box! 1st place overall and (11-14) only one who went 4-0

MODESTO PRERELEASE (6/13/04)

1x Pinsir
1x Snow-Cloud Castform
1x Sunny Castform
1x Rain Castform
1x Castform
1x Spinda
1x Clamperl
1x Huntail
1x Spheal
1x Sealeo
1x Walrein
1x Staryu
1x Starmie
2x Beldum (psychic)
1x Metang (psychic)
1x Baltoy (psychic)
1x Baltoy (fighting)
1x Claydol (fighting)

1x Life Herb
1x Island Cave
1x Magnetic Strom

12x Water
5x Psychic
2x fighting
1x grass

Game 1 Luke (11-14)
I had to sacrifice two guys but then my snow-cloud Castform won me the game.
1-0-0 3pts.

Game 2 don’t know his name (11-14)
I had absolutely nothing in this game so I tried to stall with my snow-cloud Castform. I paralyzed 3 turns in a row and drew life herb HEADS, but still I had nothing except benched pokemon that had nothing on them and a snow-cloud Castform with a {w}(he had a Regice ex powered and Medicham (non-holo), but this was followed by 3 more turns of heads. I FINALLY GOT A TAILS but he then got a tails as well for sleep. LOL and then my stalling went on for about 20 TURNS. I was so lucky. By then got a powered up Starmie and Sealeo so I got rid of Medicham with my Starmie Regice ex comes out 60 then I do 60 back he knocks me out then I used Sealeo to knock him out (I already had one prize prior to knowing Medicham out). I should have lost I lucked out.
2-0-0 6pts.

Game 3 TRUK (15+) (a fellow member of team Cupertino)
Note: prior to the game I offered him an id but he said I did not want for us to ruin each other’s chances at a box (since we are friends, but he declined).
I was at the mercy of his Metang (psychic) and then he retreated when he got some damage. The Walrein came out but I had no energy. Finally I got energy then I took control of the game and used Starmie to knock a benched guy for the win,
3-0-0 9pts.

Game 4 Jessica (11-14) (a fellow member of team Cupertino)
Note: prior to me playing Jessica she only won one game weird why I played her
Walrein and Metang came out quickly control was mine, but she did get out some big hitters and once again I ended the game with Starmie

Game 5 Jared (15+)
Note: prior to this game we were the only ones who were undefeated. He was bragging that he was going to win his division. Ticked me off. I wanted to win so I offered him an id (I feared since I played someone with 2 less wins then me then I would lose a tie in my division due to resistance) once again I was denied. I think if TRUK won his game and I won mine he would have lost the tiebreaker he had some nerve.
So he had Feebas and Minun I had Clamperl. He did ascension no Milotic Ha in his Prizes. The I attach the its his turn. He retreats attaches [g] to Minun 20 damage reduced to 10. Then I was forced to evolve to Huntail fearing he had a [l] for the win so I do 20 his turn. He had no [l] so 20 back and I had to return an energy, so I could not knock him out. Another 20 to him. Once again no [l] so he returns the 20 and I return an energy. Then I knock him out leaving him with only

I was once again the overall winner only one undefeated

SIDE EVENT BOOSTER DRAFT
Single Elimination

Prior Tourney Notes: I traded Ali my stack of packs he pulled a Groudon ex and a Jirachi. He then traded his last pack to Gengar for his and he pulled a Metagross.

1x Spinda
1x Plusle
1x Rain Castform
2x Snow-Cloud Castform
1x Chinchou
1x Lanturn
2x Voltorb
1x Electrode
2x Doduo
2x Dodrio
3x Luvdisc
1x Castform
2x Shuppet
1x Banette

1x ATM (rock)

9x Water
6x Lightning
3x Psychic

Round 1
Reed** vs. Ali***
Kid* vs. Gengar
Me vs. TRUK

Round 2
Reed vs. Kid
Me vs. TRUK

Final
Me
Reed

Champion
Me

*I don’t know his name
**AKA Swampert2000
*** His dad

Round 1 Truk (fellow member of team Cupertino)
Snorunt = Prize1
Then I did 40 to his Regice ex so he retreated in fear of me getting 2 prizes. I taunted his Regice ex with my Chinchou and Luvdisc prizes 2 and 3. I then bring out Voltorb with 2 [p] on and did charge. He retreated to Loudred 30 and confused. Then I troded him game.
1-0

Round 2 Truk (fellow member of team Cupertino)
Note: since there was 6 six people one loser HAD to move on to the next round since Truk and Ali ties in prize count thanx to my troding my self they did this weirdo tie breaker.
I killed two of his pokemon with Dodrio. Then I used Luvdisc to get his Regice ex out then I troded his Regice ex for the game.
2-0

Round 3 Swampert2000 (fellow member of team Cupertino)
He was annoying with his Luvdisc and sweet temptations. Then my Dodrio owned and thanx to type advantage it did not take too long, but his Relicanth took me awhile to get rid of.

Look back notes
-No Alexander HOORAY
-40 spent and I got 53 packs
-Gengar is horrible at drafts

Props
-TRUK 3rd with a horrible deck
-Susan (AKA lex_luthor) for playing
-Us for being featured in the Modesto bee
-Swampert2000 for getting 1st in play for the main event (10-)
-Walrein and Electrode for being killer cards
-The guy who traded me a ray, latias, and latios (trade bait) for absolutely nadda
-Having 4 crobat and almost a complete set
-Getting a bunch of Steven and ATM (Rock)

Slops
-Not getting enough Milotic and Jirachi
-Not getting a Registeel ex and Medicham (holo) for my set
-Not getting enough Plume ex, MEX, Wiggly ex
-Gengar for being a horrible player
-Robert (AKA Rabid Raichu for scaring me about having to change packs
-Jared for a bad attitude
-TRUK for losing to me so much

I PLAYED 12 games this weekend for some Cupertino pride and I succeeded.

Overall winner at Modesto and Oakland

For more info on Team Cupertino's appearance in the Modesto Bee click
here
For more info on team cupertino click
here
THANX TO THE MODESTO BEE, United Collectors International, Kriers Cards & Comics, and participant as well as judges organizers of these events.

=), sic job

regardless, the Dodrio scared the crap out of me, cuz u did 40 to mah ice, then if i did 60 to ur dodrio, u would of killed meh =/ .and i would of lost both times, and wasn't expecting a trode that last game ;\

Back