Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OctoTar (I'll Eventually Figure This Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixidor89

Okay. The basic idea here is to lock a pokemon in the active position and quickly pulse blast it for 120.

So pretty much, you use Tyranitar's crush draw with Magcargo to get two energy onto octillery in one turn.

This is a rough list and probably needs changes.

Pokemon: 18

2 Slugma DX
2 Magcargo DX
2 Larvitar DS
1 Pupitar DS
2 Tyranitar DS
2 Remoraid UF
2 Octillery UF
2 Beldum DS
1 Metang DS
2 Metagross DS

Trainers: 29

2 Holon Transceiver
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
4 Rare Candy
2 Pow! Hand Extension
4 Energy Removal Two
4 Pokemon Reversal
4 Celio's Network
4 Rocket's Admin

Energy: 15

4 Steel Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
5 Water Energy
2 Lightning Energy

I thank all fixes and suggestions.

If you just go Magcargo/Walrein/Octillery, you gain consistency and the energy will be more uniform. You'll also want some Double Rainbow for a quick KO when Magcargo/Walrein aren't ready. Hope this helps!

DRE sounds perfect in this deck.

The dilema that I had when thinking his deck up was what happens after Octilery goes? The deck needs a better finisher. Octillery will do a good job taking out a few pokemon, but it will probably have some trouble completing the job. I figured that I needed something else that was big, so Metagross made sense.

lugia ex goes great in tycargo decks as a finisher. u could also opt for a bigger t-tar line to splash a t-tar ex for another finisher.

another thing u could try is using walrein, since LM sealeo fetches energy from the discard and puts them right on top for walrein to crush draw.

I don't know why you're trying so hard with the Walrein or the Tyranitar. It's not like you'll get them out all on T1. So, just build Octillery a little more slowly with a good staller up front until you get 2 Energy cards on Octillery, then move up Octillery, do Standing By, and hope for the best.

Pokemon:17
3 Remoraid
3 Octillery

4 Eeevee DS CFF
3 Umbreon ex
2 Espeon ex

2 Girafarig LM

Energy:15
4 Double Rainbow
2 Cyclone
7 Water Energy
2 Holon Ton

Trainer:28
4 Elm's Method
4 ER2
4 Reversal
4 SSU
4 Mary's Request
3 Great Ball
3 Rocket Admin
2 Steven's advice

Strategy:
Start with Remoraid/Eeevee and cff for eevee/remoraid. Then, use great ball to fill bench with as many eevees, use Elm's, to get your octillerys and Umbreons and espeons, then use Stand By by T2. Use reversal to hit whatever for 120/110 (double rainbow) or Umbreon for same effect. Opponent has too much HP? Cyclone it, devolve with Espeon and bring with reversal/Umbreon, and KO it (any stage 1 is KOed usually). Usual discruption and Girafarig, to stop Jirachi/Baby Evolution. Why no stadiums??? Figure it out by yourself.

Also, you can use it with houndoom, to prevent switching and retreating.

Well, let's see: Battle Frontier shuts down Umbreon, Desert Ruins hurts Espeon and Umbreon, Mt. Moon stops Eevee, Cursed Stone hurts everyone, Space Center stops Girafarig, Power Tree does nothing for you, you have no Deltas to help with Holon Ruins or Lake or Research Center, Ancient Tomb will help you opponents more than you, Meteor Falls gives you little or nothing. You need a full bench so Giant Stump doesn't help you. Rocket's Hideout and Tricky Gym won't help. Island Cave? Magnetic Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back