Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Official Mario Kart 7 Thread! Wifi Community: Mario Kart 7 Tournament!

Chompy

Grand Prix: It will be held every week on Fridays! If you want to join, enter the code right below!

PokeGym Community

17-9314-8863-7425

When: TBD

Official 3DS Player Roster:

Chompy: 4596-9487-3924 (Ricky)
sdrawkcab: 4854-6743-3880 (Mike)
nnaann: 5241-1895-7178 (Nathan)
JPN Gallade: 0946-2236-7091 (Sky)
redseasunderredskies 2621 2767 4190 (Lauren)
Deoxys Cool Form 2578 - 3097 - 5232 (Samuel)
Asrialys: 2793-0599-4702
redwater: 2062-9229-4612 (Ryan)
L the Great: 4038-6383-6639
Heatstrokejm: 4940-5695-8936 (Julius)
TheKing: 3437-3575-3673 (The King)
Pokemonrocks777: 3179-6620-1965 (K-Hart)
Baby Mario: 2535-4084-3387 (bm)
GIJoey: 3866-8556-2032 (Joseph)
Hazza: 2621-2590-8867 (Hazza)
AyameHikaru: 4038-6156-2755 (Bri)
Espeon2000: 3823-8969-6660 (Espeon200)
Immewnity: 2406-5127-3396 (Immewnity)
Curry: 0044 - 2936 - 0825 (Curry)
Luxray Master2: 4768-7500-3176 (Jeremiah)
djjoe227:
Trainer 2000:

Requirements to get on the Power Ranking!

• Must attend to the community rooms at least 2 times a month
• Overall tournament performance
• Notable players you have beaten/lost to
• Win/loss consistency

:pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: Power Ranking :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: 10 players As of 1/20/12

1st. Chompy (Ricky) (Daisy) +1
2nd. Hazza: (Hazza) (Shy Guy) **NEW**
3rd. JPN Gallade (Sky) (Lakitu/Shy Guy) -2
4rh. Baby Mario (Jak) (Koopa Troopa) **NEW**
5rh. Sdrawkcab (Mike) (Mii) -2
6th. G.I. Joey (Joseph) (Toad) **NEW**
7th. Asrialys: (Asrialys) (Rosalina) **NEW**
8th. PokemonRocks777 (Kevin) (Shy Guy) **NEW**
9th. AyameHikaru (Bri) (Peach) **NEW**
10th. immewnity (immewnity) (Metal Mario) **NEW**

Inactive

nnaann: (Nathan) (Toad)
Deoxys Cool Form: (Samuel) (Lakitu)
Heatstrokejm: (Julius) (Toad)

The more players we have competiting in this community, the bigger the ranking list and the better the tournaments will be! Let's keep it up, guys!

Last edited:
Well, if it weren't for the fact it's only coming out for the lame 3DS, I'd consider it normally...

I know the 3DS has had a slow start, but this is the perfect time to get one. Ocarina of Time and Mario 3D Land are both pretty spectacular on it, and there's a lot more games coming out in the near future that also look great. Plus the console is a much more sensible price, compared to the $250 it was before.

Mario Kart looks really really fun, I played the DS version so much, so I'm really looking forward to this one. I think the game is really going to come down to what the multiplayer/online play is like, but I personally think it will be the best selling 3DS game yet.

^^^
Not only better games. Nintendo is going to provide us a lot more online feature options, like text messaging to your friends, being able to instantly join their game (now I don't know if you have to switch game cartridges in order to play the game they are currently playing). Mario Kart will most likely be the best selling game until Kid Icarus comes out, which won't be til end of March 2012. I'm also glad that the MK7 runs 60 fps, which means there could be no lag on Wi-Fi!

Last edited:
I'm getting it! Personally, I'm looking forward to it because this game looks a lot better than Mario Kart Wii. Awesome new tracks (notably Music Park, Piranha Plant Slider, and the new Rainbow Road), excellent Wifi capabilities, awesome retro tracks (notably Waluigi Pinball, Airship Fortress, SNES Rainbow Road, Maple Treeway, Kalimari Desert, and Coconut Mall) and the fact bikes are going to removed. With the bikes now gone, this may well make this Mario Kart the most balanced yet because the drift mode is just like the Wii version in that snaking cannot be performed, and you don't have the wheelie+mini turbo to create a pretty fast time.

I really won't be surprised if this is going to be the best selling 3DS game yet. Famitsu has also given the game a 10/10, which is a really good sign.

Last edited:
^^^
Not only better games. Nintendo is going to provide us a lot more online feature options, like text messaging to your friends, being able to instantly join their game (now I don't know if you have to switch game cartridges in order to play the game they are currently playing). Mario Kart will most likely be the best selling game until Kid Icarus comes out, which won't be til end of March 2012. I'm also glad that the MK7 runs 60 fps, which means there could be no lag on Wi-Fi!

That sounds really awesome, I'm glad that the 3DS is starting to look like the console I paid $300 for 6 months ago. 60 fps is really impressive, especially considering it's on a Nintendo handheld console and in 3D (a lot of games have to drop to 30 fps for it).

Apparently Mario Kart 7 plays a lot like Mario Kart Wii, with some small tweaks like items and the bikes, which I think will work well. So many Nintendo games are made for Wi-Fi and haven't been given that attention, so having those features will be really nice, especially with the new Super Smash Bros coming out.

I know the 3DS has had a slow start, but this is the perfect time to get one. Ocarina of Time and Mario 3D Land are both pretty spectacular on it, and there's a lot more games coming out in the near future that also look great. Plus the console is a much more sensible price, compared to the $250 it was before.

Mario Kart looks really really fun, I played the DS version so much, so I'm really looking forward to this one. I think the game is really going to come down to what the multiplayer/online play is like, but I personally think it will be the best selling 3DS game yet.

Meh, I have too many versions of OoT as it is anyways, from N64-Gamecube; last thing I need is another rehashed version of OoT imo.

In all honesty, Mario Land 3D would be the sole reason I'd want one, but I'm still pissed it's only for the 3DS, so meh. Buying a console solely for 2 games at this point to me would be a waste, considering I have a DSi and 2 phat DS to play every other DS game anyways. Maybe when they actually start releasing more games (like Pokemon, or waiting till the revamped model with dual circle pad things is out) I'll consider it then. But for now, just wishing they'd make more 1st party titles for the DS everyone owns instead of letting it dies it seems.

@sdrawkcab: It comes out December 4th

@Regis_Neo: Are you forgetting that there are plenty of more Nintendo 3DS games on the horizon? The games that are coming out in the near future are Metal Gear Solid, Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kingdom Hearts, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, and another Super Smash Brothers.

In any rate, this will be considered the "Official Mario Kart 7 Thread".

I highly recommend everyone give out their 3DS friend codes, so we can have a weekly online Grand Prix going!

Here's my 3DS friend code 4596-9487-3924

Also, i'll put the friend codes on the front page.

Never mind I found it:

FC = 4854-6743-3880

I also have rumble if you want to hit me up for that =)

Last edited:
@sdrawkcab: It comes out December 4th

@Regis_Neo: Are you forgetting that there are plenty of more Nintendo 3DS games on the horizon? The games that are coming out in the near future are Metal Gear Solid, Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kingdom Hearts, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, and another Super Smash Brothers.

In any rate, this will be considered the "Official Mario Kart 7 Thread".

I highly recommend everyone give out their 3DS friend codes, so we can have a weekly online Grand Prix going!

Here's my 3DS friend code 4596-9487-3924

Also, i'll put the friend codes on the front page.

Like I said, when they actually start coming out with more games I might play, then I might consider it, but unless this is basically their stealth way of flat out killing the old DS, I'm not eager to hop onto the new console just yet, especially when a new model is also potentially coming out in the future lol.

Anyways, about this version, what do you mean lost characters? As in not in this game? Would kinda suck, Baby Mario has always been loads of fun...I dunno what Metal Mario would really give besides another HW kart likely, though it's nice to see Shy Guy in there.

For karts, are there just karts, or are they gonna implement bikes in this one too? Or something akin to Double Dash would be cool.

Mario Kart 7 Info:

- 14 Playable Characters (so far)
- 16 Courses
- Up to 8 players on Wi-Fi
- You can create a community room
- Runs 60 FPS

- Lost Characters
• Babies
• Toadette
• Waluigi
• Bowser Jr.
• Funky Kong
• Dry Bones
• Dry Bowser

How do you know those characters are lost if all the playable characters haven't been revealed yet? I can't wait for the game, but personally I'm going to cry if Dry Bowser, King Boo, or R.O.B. don't make it.

@Regis Neo- From the looks of the gameplay trailer, it looks as though you can ride on different karts. For example, Daisy can ride on the Yoshi Egg. As far as other types of vehicles go, I have not seen any bikes or cars, so it's safe to assume they may not be in the game. "Lost characters" basically means characters that are not going to be in the game, so yes.

@DragonFlames1994: Here is the page that tells you which characters are not going to be in the game. http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7

I personally wanted Diddy Kong to be back in the game! :(

Also, I registered everyones friend codes that are on the front page.

Last edited:
Are you planning on having a weekly or monthly Grand Prix competition? Is that why your collecting all of our friend codes?

Happy: Leaf item and Flower item! Finally! Having cups named after them but not having them in the game never made sense to me, this is much better.

Sad: Removing the Fake Item Block. I had a lot of fun with that one. Also, Dry Bones was my favorite character to play. :(

Overall, I'm super excited for this. However, I've been forbidden from buying it until after Christmas. -_-; *sigh*

Random question: Can you play the 3DS games on the old DS? And can you play the games and turn off the 3D? Whenever I watch 3D my eyes actually start to ache, so I'm hoping there's a way to get around it. Any response is appreciated.

Back