Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oh hai. K so... going to Nats...

RaNd0m

Hey all,

I'm reviving myself after a six year hiatus to play at Nationals! I have one major problem... the only legal cards I currently own are DOUBLE COLORLESS ENERGY and COPYCAT.

I'm also terribly bad at Pokemon, i.e. I probably forgot how to play.

Nevertheless, I will be at Nationals and... I'm going to have to mooch off some old friends! So uh, I guess I'll follow this thread, and uh... anyone wanna re-teach me how to play on Thursday night?

(In other news, anyone have some Jumpluffs and Crobats I could borrow?)

- RaNd0m

Chances are at any hotel close to the convention center, at night the lobby or breakfast area will be stuffed with Pokemon players. I suggest you simply walk out to the lobby or breakfast area and politely ask any person with a Pokemon item for a game.

I'm also afraid that I don't have any Jumpluffs or Crobats you could borrow. However, many players do carry lots of extra staples and sleeves with them, so I'd ask around.

Hey all,

I'm reviving myself after a six year hiatus to play at Nationals! I have one major problem... the only legal cards I currently own are DOUBLE COLORLESS ENERGY and COPYCAT.

I'm also terribly bad at Pokemon, i.e. I probably forgot how to play.

Nevertheless, I will be at Nationals and... I'm going to have to mooch off some old friends! So uh, I guess I'll follow this thread, and uh... anyone wanna re-teach me how to play on Thursday night?

(In other news, anyone have some Jumpluffs and Crobats I could borrow?)

- RaNd0m

You have copycat and DCE, but no Bill?

atleast you have time to prepare.
i decided to start playing again a day and a half before regionals and i lost big.

the game is now ridiculously fast and the cards are ridiculously broken

edit: get ready for no trainers on turn one and only being able to retreat once per turn.

Last edited:
Ask anyone that smells vaguely of cheese quite to play a couple practice games with you. I guarantee that you'll get a Pokemon player.

Back