Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ohio States Report

Smeagol

So we get there with 5 minutes left in registration because we got lost for an hour...literally. Darn middle of nowhere, Ohio.

Anyways, I can't give you names for everyone I played cuz I lost my packet that I had written everyone's name on. Ah well. That was the kind of day it was in a nutshell.

Round 1-Vs. Danielle(?) B.-Bandoom

It gets down to 1-1 in prizes; I pull out a squeeker.

(1-0)

Round 2-Vs. ???-???

I won...obviously.

(2-0)

Round 3-Vs. Kyle E.-Beedrill D/Ray ex d

Interesting combo. I destroyed him, though.

(3-0)

With that win, I felt pretty confident. Top 8, right...

Round 4-Vs. Tracy K.-Banette ex/Lunasol/Latios ex d/Sableye/Roselia

I had a TWO PRIZE lead practically the entire game. She caught up by playing rather fast. She then took it down a notch once she realized that she could win by "playing slow with thought", in my opinion. This wasn't the first time she played slowly (Tracy Vs. Moss in a MI CC anyone?). Ah well, as time expired, she KO'd my active FTW. Had we gone 2 more turns, I would've won. End of story.

(3-1)

Round 5-Vs. Rich O.-Gardy ex d/Gardy EM/Typhlo ex

This one was close, as well. I liked the Typhlo ex/Kirlia or Ralts (fire pokes) combo. He ended up taking this one by two prizes. I flat out played to conservatively. He was the agressor, thus he won. GG.

(3-2)

Round 6-Vs. Johnpaul A.-Megalix

At this point, I knew I was as screwed as ever. Ah well, Pokemon isn't everything, right? I beat this kid...in yet another nail-biter. I guess I'm good at winning the close ones...when they don't matter.

(4-2)

I wait for the final standings and...I'm in ELEVENTH place. For getting 11th-out-of-62, I got absolutely nothing. GG, sir.

Props:

-My lil' bro for going 4-1 and making his first ever top cut. Way to go!!!
-My other bro for going 3-2 and missing the cut by just two spots. Better luck next time.
-Misplay for making top cut as the 8th seed and getting 2nd. Gj.
-Door prize: Japanese Pokeball sleeves. I have always wanted them!

Slops:

-Top 8 with 62 people in the tournament. Meh.
-Banette/Lunasol
-Slow players (excluding Scott)
-Foisy
-Fulop for going 3-3. Wth?
-3 1/2 hour drive
-Ohio states in the middle of freakin nowhere
-Top 8 with 62 people in the tournament. Meh.

Sorry for disappointing, my loyal, loyal fans. See y'all next week!

Last edited:
GJ anyways.

11th place is still something to say in the toughest area in a huge tourny.

Shouldn't fulop going 3-3 be a prop :tongue:?

GJ man, tough competition (sp?) here =/
Master's tough as heck compared to Seniors probally...

Look what happened in my 2 losses:

54 703000007 4 1850.36 1781.03 Opponent -19.15 1831.21
55 703000007 5 1831.21 1650.37 Opponent -23.65 1807.56

That was a good last match. Just sucks that both of our Farmers were prized. ;-)

And there def. should have been a top 16 cut. A lot fo good players got locked out because of it. GL next tourney (Nats. or Regionals)!

Back