Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ok, I have a question about Age crossing matches

Tank68

Ok, Im not sure how these work as we thought something different im thinking. So please help me understand this about it!
If my Junior plays 1 Senior & wins that match, but came out 2/2 for the day, how will his points be awarded to him? We thought that in an Age cross over game or however you say it, that that game does not effect you either way, win or lose. That your not given any points nor are your points taken away for that said match. Is this the case or what? Were all kinds of confused now that the points are posted.

Thanks for the clearification!

~Melissa~

It is my understanding that if you play outside of your age division, win or lose, that you gain/lose 0 points. That is how it has worked with my son's cross-division matches. So when he had to play outside of his division his rating points were unaffected.

But, in the Swiss Rounds it is a win or loss. So the match affects your placement at that tournament.

That's how I understand it at least! Hope that helps!

The following items count for points:

Games in Premiere Events (Cities, States, Regionals, Nationals, Battle Roads) that are played against players in your age division.

The following items DO NOT count for points:

Byes

Games played in PreReleases

Games played in any non-premier tourney

Games played against any player not in your age division

There you go!

Vince

If there is a points error (check the game to game) please let me know.

Tank68, you have it correct.

2-2 on the day with one out of age group win is going to leave you 1-2 as far as rating changing matches is concerned. So probably a nett loss on ratings points. You do get some kudos for winning the aged up match though.

Ok cool, Thanks yall!

Before Sat his points were...
JUNIORS-MO ONLY
4 dylibird 1858.89 JR MO US

After Sats BR...
JUNIORS-MO ONLY
5 dylibird 1841.71 JR MO US

So does this sound about right then? Going 2/2 for the day with an age up game? Ok, I know Im dum when it comes to these points & so on, Sorry...lol

~Melissa~

If you login to My Pokémon with dylibird's id and password then you can click on the [+] after 'Premier Rating' to view the rating history match by match with the most recent tournament at the bottom. That way you can make sure everything looks reasonable. It's a good idea to check. My son had a 0 point win at States which definitely did not have cross age group pairings. A player simply gave an incorrect POP ID. But a drop of 14 points for going 1-2 in the age division does sound reasonable.

Im not to worried about it & Im sure everything is fine! I just needed an explanation from someone other than my 16 yr old who seemed to have thought 14 might have been a bit much for that particular day. But, knowing Vince is our Captain here, I know nothing would have been inputted wrong. I just wanted to reasure myself that I semi, not really understood this point business for just a minute at the least...lol
Thanks again for the input yall! Not being the one who really knows much about the point stuff-it all just kinda runs together for me. Im just the driver & the one who feeds the addiction my family has...lol Well, when I like Pokemon that is...lol :lol: On a good day...lol
~Melissa~
Oh ya, please note, this is MELISSA, & NOT TANK aka Chris...lol His name is easier to sign into as mine takes days to type it all in!

I hear you - our PTO has always been awesome but they input the info that the players provide and sometimes people make mistakes and switch numbers or something. It never hurts to check your matches. If you see something that you don't understand, simply ask the TO and if there is an error s/he will get it corrected.

Oh, Melissa...

I would encourage you to check his game by game, and PM me if something does not make sense.

Mistakes are made, and they are correctable, but from the sound of the points movement, it sounds right.

Vince

The following items DO NOT count for points:

Byes

Games played in PreReleases

Games played in any non-premier tourney

Games played against any player not in your age division

You missed one: Forced losses. If you show up late for a tournament and miss a round (or two) you don't lose or gain points.

Back