Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Okay, what the heck are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a market for counterfit Pokémon cards anymore? I would guess repackaging of cards but that Shelder or Horsea card in the Aquapolis box looks rather fake.

Rainbowgym

No, actually the seller is listed at shipping out of Jacksonville, Florida along with Asia.

However, I agree that that "Asia" listing makes me doubt that these cards are legit.

- Tony

(P.S. I just sent the seller a question asking if these are copies or originals. Let's see if he replies back and if so, what he says?)

Last edited:
yes, from what I can see, the Horsea card looks like the real one. Whether the actual card in the pic is a fake, I obviously can't tell.

Yes, definitely re-boxed. but then again, if these were real cards, then they'd still be in the foil packets

If they're fake, well then you don't want to buy them.
If they're not fake, then someone's just got a bunch of crap cards and re-boxed them, and they're most likely junk, so you don't want to buy them.

My guess is that they are most certainly fakes, and I would not buy them myself, even at half the price.

"Let the buyer beware..."

Hmm... this is all kinda interesting... I half want to buy 'em, just to see if they're fake... It's a shame I don't really need any of the cards from any of those four series anymore... :(

Just to add my two cents about this, I think their fake, or at least an unlicenced product. Looking over the boxes, the -e symbol seems... funny. First off, its missing the white 'eye' or dot on the center circular part (look at an actual Pokemon-e logo, you will see what I mean). Also the lettering for PoKeMoN seems to be a little odd too.. like its missing the inside darker yellow shadow, but then again, I have recieved some odd printed boosters from a sealed display once too. Another thing that strikes me odd is on the Aquapolis box, where it states "TRADING CARD GAME" near the bottom front edge of the box. A cheap redesign of the actual TCG bar in Aquapolis colours. Then for Expedition: Base Set and Skyridge there is nothing down there... Again they placed something down there for the EX: Ruby & Sapphire box, yet the have the logo behind the Pokemon. I dotn know if its just me, but if I was the 'art-guy' behind the offical boxes, and had to design something like that, I wouldn't use the expansion's logo for just a back drop, if I was to put the logo on the box, I'd want it front and visable.

Just some thoughts...

-marril

whew, this has to be one of the best fakes I've ever seen. I've been tricked twice by fakes. Once, when I was young at a flea market. The cards were in clear plastic zipper bags. You know what I got in there? 3 non-holo Hitmonchan's from Base Set. THEY DON'T EXIST!!!

Then I got suckered by the repackaging ones. They had 2 booster packs in them, but some other cards outside too, they didn't look right but I fell for them anyway.

Looks like this one is the next step. Nintendo should create a site of what the fakes look like.

Replyq

:pokeball: :mad: I have already looked into these cards over 2 weeks ago. They are in deed fakes but as this gentleman refers to them as reprints from previous cards, No where on the site that I could see does he portray them as Offical Nintedo cards
If you collect oddities here you go just remember ther not legal wen it commed to tourneys. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Worf go to fake alert condition red!

Nintendo should definitly notice this, and yes these are fakes or altered cards because the so called holos are commons to the given sets. The picture surronding the pokemon character has a akward holo design. You can tell this most from the shelder.

the top most card in each package is the holo, the holos that are there are NOT HOLOS, there for FAKE simple as that

Hi all

i emailed the seller of these items at ebay,
asking him if they were homemade and or fakes.
here's his response:

Dear Customer,
I ordered these cards from a wholesaler in Asia. These cards are manufactory
made not home made :)
Please email me if you have any questions.
Thank you very much
Have a very good day :)

i think either he's lying or is being taken.
he's ebay feedback #'s our very high and mostly good.

He could also be telling the truth but you have to read between the lines - they're fakes made in a factory!

Feedback #'s might be high, but when you look through the actual feedback, it becomes aparent that the guy has been flogging Chinese pirate DVDs. I wouln't buy from that seller unless I was prepared to examine fake Pokémon cards...

Pokemonpat said:
Hi all

i emailed the seller of these items at ebay,
asking him if they were homemade and or fakes.
here's his response:

Dear Customer,
I ordered these cards from a wholesaler in Asia. These cards are manufactory
made not home made :)
Please email me if you have any questions.
Thank you very much
Have a very good day :)

i think either he's lying or is being taken.
he's ebay feedback #'s our very high and mostly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back