Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oklahoma state championships

old man

Finally the info you’ve been waiting to hear!

It’s the OKLAHOMA State Championships to be held on March 12th, 2011 and of course entry is free.

Where - Super 8 motel in Norman. The address there is 2600 West Main street. 73069. Take exit 109 off of I-35 and go east and you’ll be right in front of it on your right side. Phone number is 405-329-1624.

Registration starts at 8:30 am (or before if staff meeting is over). Registration end time is 9:45. If you are not in line by that time you can still enter the event but you will earn a 1st round loss.

To be entered into this event you will have to fill out a deck list and give it and you deck to the staff for a check. Once your deck check is passed you will be given a drawing ticket for prizes to be given away. If you fill out your deck list using SteveP’s program, http://pokegym.net/decklist/ located here on the pokegym, and turn it in unaltered you will be given another, different color ticket for prize drawings for those who have also used SteveP’s program. Everyone will also get a promo card while supplies last. Also everyone will be entered in the drawing for 1 Booster box of the next set, Black and White, to be delivered after I get them for the Black and White prerelease so hang on to those tickets.

For more info on the modified constructed event you can find info here on the Pokegym or go to www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/tournaments/rules/ for more rules and resources.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2000 or later)/Seniors (born in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999)/Masters (born in 1995 or earlier)

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (Bring your own 60 card deck - Cards are allowed from Majestic Dawn or later as well as Black Star Promos DP22 and higher, HGSS01 and higher Promos, Rumble cards and HS Trainer Kit cards)

Style: Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round)
This event is rated 32k and has a maximum top cut of 16 in each age division.

PRIZES:
First Place: 1st Place Medal, $300 Travel Award to Nats in Indianapolis, 1st Round Bye @ Nats, Playmat, 36 Boosters
Second Place: 2nd Place Medal, 16 Boosters
Third Place: 3rd Place Medal, 8 Boosters
Fourth Place: 4th Place Medal, 8 Boosters
Fifth - Eighth Places: 4 Boosters

Reminders –
Everyone please remember to bring your POP ID #. If you don’t have one I can issue you one at the event. Also remember your damage counters, poison and burn markers and if using dice, be sure your randomizer dice is different than your damage counters and you randomizer has to be translucent, (clear). Also if you sleeve your deck ensure the sleeves are in good condition for this tournament. There may not be sleeves available so if you are asked to resleeve have some available. There is a Wal-mart across the street that may or may not have sleeves available.

The following is the time frame I am looking at. I’m going for 1 hour increments and will do my best to get it there so everyone will know what’s going on. Due to unforseen circumstances during the event this could alter some.
8:30 – 9:45 Deck registration
9:45 – 10:00 – Roster posting, announcements, and pairings.
10:00 – round 1 begins
11:00 – round 2 begins
12:00 – 1:00 LUNCH BREAK
1:00 – round 3 begins
2:00 – round 4 begins
3:00 – round 5 begins
4:00 – round 6 begins
5:00 – round 7 begins
Note that of the later rounds it could be a Top Cut round, Each top cut round will be 75 minutes best 2 out of 3 games. Also note that the round begins time means the pairings will have already been posted and a chance to get to your seat.

There will be a dinner break in the evening after all the swiss rounds are done, with the time to be determined at the event.

Staff that I've talked to already please remember to be there by 8 am, (I'll have donuts at least) and remember the dress code.

If you have any questions about the event ask here or send me a pm.

I'm looking forward to this event as I know it will be a blast!

Hmm... Maybe I should show to Norman Oklahoma in my Longhorn colors, just to tick off the Sooners like I did one time.

and my nephew will be there so the seniors better beware.

Sarah will bring Girl Scout Cookie's again for all of those who need a sugar rush during the day. $4/box. If you PM me I can set some aside just for you....

I'll be lead judge for Sr's.

Not that I was able to work out with them. As I couldn't tell them about how many would be needed to be set aside there was not much they could do. I know in previous years a few rooms have been taken by travellers to the event but I don't know how many.

So I'm trying to put together a Luxchomp build and my dad won't let my buy the second LV. X on the internet....

Are there going to be any vendors or any way I could buy or trade for the second X?

Alot of traders will be there but don't count on anyone who owns a luxray X to not be playing it. I have seen exactly 2 copies in binders within the okc area. My advice is to bring copious amounts of cash and hope for the best. Trading for tier 1 cards at an event can be alot harder than waving some Dead President trading cards (cash) at a person.

Back