Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OKLAHOMA STATES - finally

old man

Here is the info you've been waiting for. Sorry it took so long to post, but I needed confirmation from the venue.

When - Saturday, March 21st
Registration - 9:00 am to 10:30 am
First round begins at 11:00 am.

Where - Norman Super 8 motel - (same place as last year)
2600 West Main Street
Norman, OK 73069
Motel Phone # - 405-329-1624

Entry Fee - FREE!!!!!!!!

Three individual age groups - Juniors - born in 1998 or later, Seniors - born in 1994, 1995, 1996, or 1997 and Masters - born in 1993 or earlier.

The top 8 in each age group will earn prizes listed below.
1st Place - 36 boosters, trophy & a playmat
2nd Place - 16 boosters & a trophy
3rd & 4th place - 8 boosters & a trophy each
5th -8th Place - 4 boosters each

Everyone will play the "swiss" rounds. The amount of players in each age group will determine how many rounds that will be. Then a top cut from each age group will play in single elimination finals. Again the amount of players in the age group will determine how many will play in the single elimination finals with a maximum top cut of 16 in an age group.
For 3rd & 4th place determination, they will not play against each other but their placement will be decided by the standing at the end of the swiss rounds.

There will be a lunch break during the swiss rounds. The times of the lunch break will be announced at the event. If needed there will be a dinner break for those still playing if required.

For more info about the tournament structure & other organized play info visit
http://go-pokemon.com/op/premierevents/championshipseries/spt/

There will be raffle prizes given away at the event as well. The first 100 players signed up & deck checked will get a promo card & an SPT logo pin.

Remember this is a modified event so only cards from the follwing sets are legal for play -
Diamond & Pearl
Diamond & Pearl—Mysterious Treasures
Diamond & Pearl—Secret Wonders
Diamond & Pearl—Great Encounters
Diamond & Pearl—Majestic Dawn
Diamond & Pearl—Legends Awakened
Diamond & Pearl—Stormfront
Platinum
Diamond & Pearl: Trainer Kit
POP Series 6
POP Series 7
POP Series 8
Black Star Promos DP01 & higher

This is a premiere rated tournament with a k value of 32.

If there any questions you can ask here.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Why do my friends like to get married?!?!?!?!?!

Wait, I thought Oklahoma states were in San Antonio.

Wow, super dilemna. Seems KS lamed out and scheduled the same day as OK. The right thing
seems to be to boycott KS, and play at 'home' in OK. On the other hand, KS will have such a low
turnout, having scheduled the same as OK and MO, I might actually stand a chance to win KS,
no chance beating OK (but plenty of challenge), why is no decision ever easy?

I wonder, how can OK sweeten the pot?

Good catch! I've edited the first post. Now how did I do that?

Sweeten the pot for those conflicted on which one to go to?
Have to give that some thought.

Wow, super dilemna. Seems KS lamed out and scheduled the same day as OK. The right thing
seems to be to boycott KS, and play at 'home' in OK. On the other hand, KS will have such a low
turnout, having scheduled the same as OK and MO, I might actually stand a chance to win KS,

Where do you see that Kansas is on the 21st? I can't find anything about it anywhere!

old man, just kidding, you put on a great show...

rerisenphoenix, a little bird told me, bummered me out....

That would be kinda kewl if Oklahoma States was in Texas and Texas States was in Oklahoma... we should do that!

Even though I have attended Oklahoma states in Oklahoma for the last three years, I thought they were going to hold it in Texas this year.

Even though I have attended Oklahoma states in Oklahoma for the last three years, I thought they were going to hold it in Texas this year.

Wait, what! It's not... man everyone told me it was going to be in Texas, when did it change?

I had 39 cents and my dad gave it to some hobo with an Obama hat. I was mad! I had a coupon that made Twix cost 39 cents... Hobo<Twix...

Must Resist Michael Phelps Joke...

Must Resist...

Good luck to all!

M45

Back