Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

one more set

Status
Not open for further replies.

canderson

Pokemon announced that we will get one more bw set b4 were done, so we will probably get EX battle boost, maybe we will get reprints that Japan didn't, maybe eels will still b alive lol

doubtful on the eels, but things like Goth would return if it is battle boost....which would make sense as we're supposed to be going to same card pool, etc.

I speculate there's probably random promos that we might not have gotten and those will be in that set, along with general reprints of various trainers and other fillers.....

Hooray if this is a giant combination of everything from the BW era we haven't gotten yet. Shiny Collection, Battle Boost, Exciting Battles, Mewtwo/Genesect deck, promos, just throw it all in there and make a giant final BW set. <3

They could squeeze out a set the size of Boundaries Crossed if they do this:
-EX Battle Boost: 83 cards -- take out the ten old EX reprints, Imakuni and Pokemon Enterprise; push gold Reshi/Zek (not included in the 83) to secret rare status.
-Shiny Collection: 25 cards
-Exciting Battle: 42 cards
-BW-P promos: a bunch

EX Pokemon? Chandelure and Excadrill from Battle Boost, Meloetta from Shiny Collection. Full Arts? Emolga, Shaymin-EX, Reshiram, Meloetta-EX, Mew-EX from Shiny Collection and possibly Pikachu's FA promo. Shinies/secret rares? Gold Reshiram and Zekrom from Battle Boost. Trainers? Fennel, Professor Oak, Elesa, Cedric, possible N reprint, possible Team Plasma Grunt reprint (both BW-P promos with new art). They have enough leftovers to cover all aspects I think.

Last edited:
EX Pokemon? Chandelure and Excadrill from Battle Boost, Meloetta from Shiny Collection. Full Arts? Emolga, Shaymin-EX, Reshiram, Meloetta-EX, Mew-EX from Shiny Collection and possibly Pikachu's FA promo. Shinies/secret rares? Gold Reshiram and Zekrom from Battle Boost. Trainers? Fennel, Professor Oak, Elesa, Cedric, possible N reprint, possible Team Plasma Grunt reprint (both BW-P promos with new art). They have enough leftovers to cover all aspects I think.

There are pretty much zero team plasma cards left to put in. I would be surprised if they had the extra grunt un there, since it can't do anything in a limited play. It has no support and doesn't fit at all.

As for the EX's, don't forget the extra promo reprint of tornadus-EX. That'd fit well.

If Goth comes back, I won't.
Gothitelle wouldn't really be that annoying anymore. Virizion EX can completely shut down Accelgor.

Still, I wanted us to skip Battle Boost so we could get to the new stuff and stop reprinting things over and over and over again. I'm sick of reprints. Completely sick of them.

I was thinking he'd probably be the pre-release promo, since they've pretty consistently used the same one as Japan for the last few sets.

Dragons Exalted Altaria; they've only been picking the same as Japan because those were the only options available.

I see it more as they are consistently picking an in-set holofoil in order to reprint another artwork. The options are Noble Victories Landorus, Next Destinies Lucario, Next Destinies Cincinno.

Gothitelle wouldn't really be that annoying anymore. Virizion EX can completely shut down Accelgor.

Still, I wanted us to skip Battle Boost so we could get to the new stuff and stop reprinting things over and over and over again. I'm sick of reprints. Completely sick of them.

Since I haven't been able to get many cards, I probably have a much higher tolerance for it. Otherwise my main gripe is when cards aren't reprinted "well". You know, when something you'd like to see just go away gets reprinted. :wink:

All I want is energy switch. It's a card that has been in the game since the dawn of time (almost). We needs it.

Heh. I still think of it as a "newer" card as it first came out in Aquapolis. Of course, I am not saying that is the proper way to view it; it came out in the latter half of Gen II, so I have to admit that is "earlier" rather than "later".

What I can't agree with is that we need it. Certain decks may need it, but it is one of those cards where the effect is simple, the cost seems reasonable, but the actual combos it allows end up being abusive. If nothing accelerates Energy on a player's first turn (or has a serious cost to do it), then I too would want Energy Switch back.

There are pretty much zero team plasma cards left to put in. I would be surprised if they had the extra grunt un there, since it can't do anything in a limited play. ()

Junk Arm was the only Trainer-Item in Triumphant, and it couldn't retrieve itself. Shinies don't always have the cards in the set to be played, like Dusknoir this set. Just because a card can't be used in Limited doesn't mean they won't put it in.

New stuff is the Battle Boost cards at the moment. X/Y is not coming out in Japan this year either. Can't go into new stuff when there isn't anything new to go to....

I have no problem with reprints. Reprints of good cards like Gothitelle (though I don't particularly like the card sticking around personally) and Sigilyph > the only other source of new stuff aside from miscellaneous promos (Everyone's Exciting Battle, which has more or less no notable cards, well, aside from a reprint of Pluspower), though regardless, I would like to see that set anyway. And getting a set is obviously better than not getting a set.

I'm guessing this will be a combination of Battle Boost, Exciting Battle and likely most, if not all, of Shiny Collection. (I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of Shiny Collection's full arts or something ended up as promos instead.) Plus a fair number of promos (though not all of them, of course). I'd also expect it to have holo energy cards, like how Call of Legends and Power Keepers did. (Both because of that, and because, while it doesn't matter, no in-format booster set will otherwise contain Basic Energies when the rotation hits.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back