Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

opionions plz

nik2

does any think that after the worlds and the newer sets are released we will see less Zapdos and Rock Lock decks around??

thanks

Rock-Lock wont go away I think, but change since T-Tar EX well come out, Zappy im unsure of. HL being in or out makes a lot of diffrence to the game.

yea, i herd a rumour about that. but thats just speculation, if so i think the numbers of Rock Lock users will shrink, duno on Zappy tho?

Last edited:
I seen a deck trying that out, Someone well run zappy as he has to play nice with small plushie like pokemon now.

If HL goes (and it will go as it is absolutely pointless to have different format then japanese), Rock-Lock will be dead. Its main strategy is to use ATM [Rock] - with that gone, no one will run Rock-Lock. There might appear some Dark T-tar, T-tar Ex decks, but for sure not with D. Amphy.

I have an "opionion" (nice spelling). Maybe we should just wait until the frikkin' format change!

*Flips 4985748 tables!!1* >:O

Rock lock isn't even that popular to begin with. I think only one or two made T32 at Nats. Turn two basically killed rock lock since the match is essentially 90/10 in favor of turn two. =\

If HL is rotated out (and I think it will), Rock-Lock will be decaptitated for want of ATM Rock. However, I don't see this as the end of Dark T-tar; maybe we'll see bench damage decks rotating around it.

Zap-turn-dos will still be viable post-Worlds. It'll revolve around different cards, though - Recharge Electrike (DX) and maybe the Ampharos from Unseen Forces.

- Croatian (that's just my opinion, I could be wrong) Nidoking

Last edited:
the sealeo from the Eidon Forest spoiler convinced me HL will remain. Its synergy with HL Walrein is awesome. Something that beautiful just can't be rotated out before I have a chance to play with it...

Moss Factor said:
I think only one or two made T32 at Nats.

Is there a second one? I only saw one Rock Lock deck in T32

Anyways, if HL is gone, all Rock Lock can do is hope opponent has no evolutions in hand. Zappy would need a new recharger

Last edited:
Please let me offer my opinion.

Reasons why the next format will be FRLG-on:
- FRLG reprinted Life Herb, a card that had just been printed in the set before it, HL. Have they ever done this for no reason what so ever?
- FRLG has the starting evolutions in it (i.e. Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur). There has never been a base set that hasn't had one pair of the starting evolutions in it. This might not apply to before Neo-On though.
- Many of the cards in HL are being reprinted, maybe not with the same attacks and stuff, in the newest Japanese set. These include Walrein, Machamp, Gorebyss, Huntail, Lanturn, and Shiftry. To some, this might look like the perfect chance to combine the new with the old, but seriously, would they reprint these pokemon if the old ones were not being rotated out? It's not one pokemon, it's 6.
- The japanese format currently is FRLG-on (only in japanese set terms lol).
- FRLG has a larger variety of supporters, trainers, and special energy. HL was mostly stadiums and tools. There was a total of one supporter in the whole set and no special energy at all. Base sets aren't built like that.

Need I go on?

Prime said:
Please let me offer my opinion.

Reasons why the next format will be FRLG-on:
- FRLG reprinted Life Herb, a card that had just been printed in the set before it, HL. Have they ever done this for no reason what so ever?
- FRLG has the starting evolutions in it (i.e. Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur). There has never been a base set that hasn't had one pair of the starting evolutions in it. This might not apply to before Neo-On though.
- Many of the cards in HL are being reprinted, maybe not with the same attacks and stuff, in the newest Japanese set. These include Walrein, Machamp, Gorebyss, Huntail, Lanturn, and Shiftry. To some, this might look like the perfect chance to combine the new with the old, but seriously, would they reprint these pokemon if the old ones were not being rotated out? It's not one pokemon, it's 6.
- The japanese format currently is FRLG-on (only in japanese set terms lol).
- FRLG has a larger variety of supporters, trainers, and special energy. HL was mostly stadiums and tools. There was a total of one supporter in the whole set and no special energy at all. Base sets aren't built like that.

Need I go on?

Agreed !!

And with that....RL dies...and well, as far as zappy goes, it will stay and will find ways of surviving in the newer format of FRLG.

Back