Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Opponent shuffling my cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptilious

Hi,

If my opponent wants to shuffle my cards and I notice they are handling my cards roughly and might potentially bend the cards (shuffle by cutting the cards in half and doing a BIG flex merge) can I stop the person and have the judge shuffle the cards, or is there something else I can do ??
I take the time and effort to take care of my cards, but some people don't take care of their own cards, never mind someone else's.

Thanks in advance for you response !
:pokeball:

You may have the Judge shuffle your deck if you choose not to let your opponent shuffle your cards. Here is the complete section on shuffling from the Tournament Rules. I underlined the part that applies to your question.
7. Shuffling
Each player’s deck is expected to be fully randomized at the start of each game and during the game as card effects require. In order to achieve randomness, players are allowed to riffle, pile, or otherwise shuffle their decks until they are satisfied that the deck is random. Randomization must be done in the presence of the player’s opponent.

Care should be taken to assure that the cards in the deck are not harmed or revealed during the shuffle.

After the shuffle, the deck must be offered to the player’s opponent to be cut once. Cutting the deck consists of creating two separate stacks of cards by removing a portion of the top of the deck, and then placing it under the remaining portion. Players should take care to not reveal any of their opponent’s cards while cutting. Cutting into more than two stacks is considered a shuffle.

Instead of cutting, the opponent may choose to shuffle the deck. This shuffle should be brief, and when it concludes, the deck’s owner is allowed to cut the deck once as described above. Players should take care when shuffling an opponent’s deck, as the cards in that deck are not the shuffling player’s property. At this point, the deck should be sufficiently randomized to both players’ satisfaction.

If either player still does not feel that either deck is sufficiently randomized, or if a player wishes to not offer his or her deck to an opponent for randomization, a judge must be called over to shuffle the deck(s) in question. No player is allowed to shuffle or cut after the judge’s shuffle.
BDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back