Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oran Berry V.S. Potion

I saw the toic with Maintenence V.S. Reporter so ya, here's another one. First I'll list the similarities:

1.Oran and Potion both heal 20 damage from one of your Pokemon
2.Neither are Supporters
I think thats it lol. Now for differences:

1.Oran Berry can only remover damage at the end of the turn
2.Potion removes damage when its played
3.Oran Berry must be attached to the Pokemon you want to remove damage from (Taking up the space of other Tools)

I think thats the main differences, let me kow if I missed any. But ya, which would be better? I mean, Potion can remove 20 on the spot but Oran you have to wait, but with Oran you can play it then Copycat or something =/ What do you think? Thanx :D

There are other important differences. Potion can be used to remove a single damage counter if needed, Oran Berry can't. Oran Berry can heal self-damage from an attack before your opponent gets a turn, Potion can't. Oran Berry is stopped by Aerodactyl ex, Potion is not. For the most part, I think Potion is slightly better, but it does depend somewhat on the deck.

I really think Potion is a better choice of the two. Let's say you attach Oran Berry to your Pokémon, your oppoennt could knock that Pokémon out in one attack and the Oran Berry would be wasted. But with a Potion, you can still keep the card in your hand to be used later.

Unless your deck consists of pokemon that damage itself, potion, imo, is better. Save the tool spot for crystal shard or something.

Even though I generally prefer potion, one of the advantages of berry is that, when it's attached, your opponent knows that 20 damage from his attack is going to go waste. It's got a little bit of a psyche-out advantage in that way.

Venusaur said:
Oran Berry is better because you can attach it and use it for a later time. Potion is only better if you desperately need to remove 1 damage counter.

Can you use two Oran Berry on the same pokemon in one turn, Jermy? Nooooooo.

Back