Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Order of In-between turns effects

redfury007

Hello everyone,

I ask you this question because I don't remember exactly which in-bewteen turns effects happen first. For example, if the active pokemon is poisoned and burned. Which one takes place first?
Please help me with this. I quit the game some years ago, and I decided to play again recently.

Also, has the pokemon TCG community reduced? It feels like there are less trainers these days.

In previous rulebooks, the order was loosely defined. You could have done them in any order you wanted but starting in BW, the wording in the rulebook changed to make it sound like the following order was required:
Poison
Burn
Sleep
Paralysis
Abilities and anything else
Check for knock outs.

yeah, the order isn't really needed, ALL effects occur, and then when all of them have occurred, you then check for knockouts

yeah, the order isn't really needed, ALL effects occur, and then when all of them have occurred, you then check for knockouts
But, would not the order really matter? Suppose my active Poke is either poisoned or burned and the effect of my attack just executed provides some damage healing which could prevent my Poke from being KOd by the poison or burn condition. So, I would think some sequence of effects would be important. Or are you indicating that final damage count is resolved after all effects take place? Thanks.

Yes, that's what he's saying. Between turns, a Pokemon can temporarily have more damage on it that it has HP, as long as that damage is healed off by some effect before the KO is checked for as the very last thing.

That, and the effects of your attack are resolved as part of your attack, before your turn ends, so they happen first anyway.

So, a pokemon can faint during any of the players turns, at the end of the players' turns and in between turns (by effects)? I kind off forgot about all the rulings. I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

I even lost my forum acounts in several sites due to lack of activity (back to 2004) Anyway, thanks to all of you for your health :chuncky:

what happen opponent virizion ex with grass energy if there is a pokemon that can poison it and it switch itself with another pokemon that have an ability to block verdant wind ability.
Do these thing happen in between turn or on the turn that pokemon attack?
And will virizion ex be poison or not?

Certainly a Pokemon can faint during the opponent's turn as long as an effect has placed enough damage counters on it to reduce its HP to 0. We see this with Dusknoir's Sinister Hand and used to take KO's with Crobat G's Pokepower, or Forestress' PokeBody during the turn all the time.

what happen opponent virizion ex with grass energy if there is a pokemon that can poison it and it switch itself with another pokemon that have an ability to block verdant wind ability.

You need to ask about specific interactions. The text matters.

what happen opponent virizion ex with grass energy if Gengar EX (next set) use it second attack that can poison virizion ex then switch itself (new) wobbuffet that have an ability to block verdant wind ability.

Attack effects are placed during the attack. The timing of the placement of the effect and the switch will depend on the exact text of that attack, and I haven't seen it yet. If the switch is the last thing done, then Virizion's Ability will have already blocked the Poison from being placed before the new Pokemon comes up.
But, as I said, I'd need to read the attack text before giving an official ruling on that.

Back