Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
OREGON GYM CHALLENGE​

2 Days - 2 Tournaments
Attend them BOTH!!!

Basic Information - EUGENE (5/22/04)
4000 East 30th Avenue, Eugene OR
(From I-5 – Take Exit 189 / 30th Avenue)
Date - Saturday, May 22nd, 2004
Time - 10:00 AM (registration) 11:00 AM (play begins)
The main tournament will last 5 to 6 hours

Basic Information - PORTLAND (5/23/04)
2566 S.E. 93rd Avenue, Clackamas, OR
(From I-205 – Take Exit 14 / Clackamas Towne Center)
Date - Sunday, May 23rd, 2004
Time - 9:00 AM (registration) 10:00 AM (play begins)
The main tournament will last 5 to 6 hours

Tournament Structure
Three Age Divisions - 10 & under / 11 to 14 / 15 & over
Format – Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck)
Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)
Cut to Final Playoff - Single Elimination Rounds (Top 4 or Top 8 depending on turnout)
Cost - $10
Additional Information - Call (503) 888-1366 or e-mail [email protected]

Prizes Prizes Prizes
· The top 8 players in each of the three age divisions (10 & under, 11 to 14, 15 & over) get the following prizes (boosters will be EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua):
1st Place - 1 Box of Pokémon Booster Packs plus an invite and paid travel to the World Championships
2nd Place - 18 Pokémon Booster Packs
3rd Place - 9 Pokémon Booster Packs
4th Place - 9 Pokémon Booster Packs
5-8th Place - 4 Pokémon Booster Packs
· Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items!!!

Side Events
SEALED DECK TOURNAMENT: After the Swiss rounds of the main event end, we will run a Sealed Deck tournament. This will be a sanctioned event. You will get six EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua boosters to use in putting together a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play 30-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all rounds). Prizes for top finishers will be EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua Booster Packs (Amount of Prizes determined by number of players). The Portland event is on a Sunday so, depending on time, we may not run this Side Event in Portland.
Entry fee - $10.00

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: BRING YOUR GAMEBOY ADVANCE!!! Throughout the day, there will be a Gameboy advance tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own GBA and Ruby/Sapphire game. Prizes will be Pokémon TCG booster packs. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the Gym Challenge can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 50 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys and Rayquaza are banned; ALL Shining Pokemon are banned; Entei, Raikou, and Suicune (obtained through Story Mode of Pokemon Colluseum) are also banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark).
Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided)

Additional Information
How to get there - Eugene: From I-5, take Exit 189. Head West on 30th AVE and watch for the Lane Community College sign and turnoff. Portland: From I-205, take the Clackamas Towne Center exit (exit 14). The Monarch Hotel is visible on the west side of the freeway.

Food Eugene: We are in the Lane Community College food services building so there should be some lunch items available. Portland: The Monarch Hotel does have a restaurant and they offer a 10% discount coupon to tournament participants! There are a number of restaurants and drive-ins located within ½ mile of the hotel.

BDS

Is there going to be 2 out of 3 matches during the tournament, the top 8, finals, or the main rounds. I will be there and to everyone who is going to the tournaments then good luck to all of them. See ya there.

The tournament will consist of about 7 rounds of Swiss, which will be single games. We will then cut to top 8 and play single elimination using Match Play (best 2 out of 3). We will probably have to set a 60 minute time limit for the match play, except the final match for 1st place, which will be untimed.

BDS

I would be able to come if I could get a ride to the tournament. Otherwise, I'm out of this one too.

Ok. I got a quesiton here. On the net it says that the first day's tourney is at 10:00 AM, but here it says it's at 11. Im referring to www.pokemon-tcg.com. On the yellow notice i got at the WA states, It also says 11. I would just like a clarification, thanks.

The correct start time for the Eugene Oregon Gym Challenge is 11:00 AM. I have asked PUI to correct the time on their site. I'm glad you guys caught that.

BDS

Last edited:
Hello all.

It looks like I will be bringing down a whole van full of Washington Players for these two events

Whaooooo!!!!

I am not sure Grandma Joner if people from Canada will be able to go to Worlds. Just to let you all guys know that at Eugene, Oregon gym challenge tournament is the same day as my birthday so I hope I will have good luck on that day. Good luck to everyone. See u all there. Bye.

GrandmaJoner said:
Just double checking, maybe a stupid question, but a player from Canada can qualify for worlds, right?
I don't see why not. People from other countries will be there. It IS WORLDS. I suppose its possible it wouldn't offer you the trip from Canada but you could probably just get the trip from Seattle or something. I wouldn't worry too much.

BDS,

Count me in for both tournaments, just got my trip worked out last night. :thumb:

GLB

Last edited:
Back