Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OREGON State Championship: 3/12/05

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
OREGON STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP

Basic Information
Date - Saturday, March 12th, 2005
Time - 10:00 AM (registration) 11:00 AM (play begins) The main tournament will last 5 to 6 hours
Three Age Divisions - 10 & under / 11 to 14 / 15 & over
Format – Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck)
Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)
Cost - FREE
Additional Information - Call (503) 888-1366 or e-mail [email protected]
Food - We will take a Lunch break around noon and a Dinner break after the main tournament ends. There are a number of fast food restaurants located within 1 mile of the Morrison Center. Players are welcome to bring their lunch and eat on site.

Prizes Prizes Prizes
· The top 8 players in each of the three age divisions (10 & under, 11 to 14, 15 & over) get the following prizes:
1st Place - 24 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship Trophy, Winner Pin,
Prize Bag, VIP Badge, 4-day Origins pass and
$300 travel allowance for Nationals (must be claimed at Nationals)
2nd Place - 16 Pokémon Booster Packs
3rd Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs
4th Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs
5-8th Place - 4 Pokémon Booster Packs
· All players get to pick from the “Mystery Box”, which contains a random selection of Pokémon Foils, Black Star Promo cards and ???
· All players get a Participant Pin and 2 POP Series 1 Promo packs (while supplies last)
· !!! Wear your Oregon City Championship Medal and get an additional 5 POP packs !!!
· Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items!!!

Side Events
Based on interest, we will hold the following side events after the main tournament ends.​

THEME DECK CHALLENGE: You will get a random theme deck (most likely Deoxys) and two boosters to use in putting together a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three 30-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all three rounds). Prizes will be most likely be EX Deoxys Boosters for 1st - 4th places.
Entry fee - $15.00

BOOSTER DRAFT TOURNAMENT: You will get six EX Deoxys boosters, which will be drafted in pods of 8 players. You will then build a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three 30-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all rounds). Prizes will be most likely be EX Deoxys Boosters for 1st - 4th places.
Entry fee - $15.00

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: New Rules – Please Read!!! Throughout the day, there will be a Gameboy advance tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own GBA and a FireRed & LeafGreen game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 70 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Latias and Latios are banned; ALL Shining Pokemon are banned; Entei, Raikou, and Suicune (obtained through Story Mode of Pokemon Colluseum) are also banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark).
Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided)

BDS

Last edited:
Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
Hmm... We have a 14 year old and me a 10 year old we only need a 15+ year old...

Don't you think we should let at least one Oregon player be the Oregon State Champion?

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
...No. But if we do then watch them come over hear and take our State Championship.

But the Washington State Championship is a week BEFORE the Oregon State Championship. I'm sure some of those Oregon Players are going to attempt a "pre-emptive strike!" :frown:

pokeMATHter said:
But the Washington State Championship is a week BEFORE the Oregon State Championship. I'm sure some of those Oregon Players are going to attempt a "pre-emptive strike!" :frown:

DARN, I'd hoped we would have the element of surprise on our side .... :lol:

BDS

Last edited:
yeah, well I wasent around for last years states. washington, You guys are gonna have a much harder time this year and now with my new deck......

Back