Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Origianal Pokemon Team or Movelists Thread

VortexOne

I figured that the meta game for the video games was just the same stuff every time. infernape, azelf, etc.. so i opened up a thread for people to post original, non metagame ,creative teams or movesets for a single pokemon. i dont care what the pokemon is but the moves, items, combos, whatever has to be original.Post away!

I'll post one for now. People should know there is more then one way to use a Pokemon.

Name: Hanabi/Glaceon

Nature: Bold
Ability: Snow Cloak
Item: Leftovers
EVs: Some HP, DEF, SATK, SDEF-I don't really remember.

Moveset:

Barrier
Mirror Coat
Ice Beam
Wish

Barrier might come off but I use her as my Physical Wall when I can get a good switch in. Throw up a few Barriers and force the switch to a special attacker and slap them in the face with Mirror Coat. Wish so I can keep her alive a bit longer. Toxic hurts her so I'll have to find a way to deal with that.

Last edited:
That's actually a decent use for Glaceon, I'm surprised. If you keep an Abomasnow with it you can switch to Blizzard, too. Watch out for Brick Breakers.

Non-metagame? That's kind of vague, because any moveset can be considered non-metagame. I have a couple of decent movesets for other Eeveelutions. Like, combo Leafeon/Flareon:

Leafeon
Ability: Leaf Guard
Item: None specifically
EVs: 252 Speed 252 Def 4 Atk or HP. Jolly (+spd -SAtk) nature.

- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Synthesis/Wish

Flareon

Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: Something strange - 100 Atk, 156 SAtk, 252 Speed if I remember right. SpAtk+/Def- nature.

- Superpower
- Flamethrower
- Iron Tail(?)
- [Lots of different moves work here. Overheat is my personal favorite. For type coverage you can also use Signal Beam, but it's not that good of a move.]

Stall and Swords Dance with Leafeon, then Baton Pass to Flareon who then smacks REALLY hard with Superpower. If your opponent senses your trick when you Baton Pass, you can use Overheat/Flamethrower on their physical wall. It's all kinds of fun against stuff like Steelix.

Here are to of the guys I love

Name: Amy/Vaporeon

Nature: Modest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: Some HP, DEF,252 SATK, SDEF-I don't really remember.

Moveset:

Fake Tears
Ice Beam
Wish
Hydro Pump

This Vaporeon is fun. I have a few of them with Fake Tears. I like Fake Tears because I can beast those Special Walls. I destroyed a Blissey and Cressy with it. It can even force a switch or a last good finishing move so you Zapdos can OHKO something. Hydro Pump over Surf because it makes Fake Tears more deadly. Wish is just because this Vaporeon has at least 200 in each DEF stat and good HP. Ice Beam because Water types are good with it.

Name: Kay/Pidgeot

Nature: Bold
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: Some HP, DEF, maybe SDEF

Moveset:

Feather Dance
Fly
Roost
Toxic

Not my best Pidgeot but shes fun to use. Tangled Feet is a amazing ability for Pidgeot because if she gets confused, her evasion goes up. That saved me several times. Feather Dance drops the attack of the target by 2 stages. The faster ones would be a problem but with her high HP and DEF, she'll take a hit pretty well, reduce the foes attack stat and roost her HP back. Put her on a team with Trick Room or a speed reducing team and she becomes a problem. Toxic is her main damaging attack and Fly keeps her away while poison damage takes effect. This is almost her using Protect without having it. This might also force a switch. I think this Pidgeot would work better in doubles because Feather Dance hits both of your opponents Pokemon and people don't take Pidgeot seriously. I know this from experience. Putting her on a team with Wabb would be fun because they can't retreat.

My future project would be to make a doubles team based around a Vaporeon and Pidgeot.

I hope you like my pokes because I'm showing that there is more then one way to use a Pokemon.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

That's actually a decent use for Glaceon, I'm surprised. If you keep an Abomasnow with it you can switch to Blizzard, too. Watch out for Brick Breakers.

Non-metagame? That's kind of vague, because any moveset can be considered non-metagame. I have a couple of decent movesets for other Eeveelutions. Like, combo Leafeon/Flareon:

Leafeon
Ability: Leaf Guard
Item: None specifically
EVs: 252 Speed 252 Def 4 Atk or HP. Jolly (+spd -SAtk) nature.

- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Synthesis/Wish

Flareon

Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: Something strange - 100 Atk, 156 SAtk, 252 Speed if I remember right. SpAtk+/Def- nature.

- Superpower
- Flamethrower
- Iron Tail(?)
- [Lots of different moves work here. Overheat is my personal favorite. For type coverage you can also use Signal Beam, but it's not that good of a move.]

Stall and Swords Dance with Leafeon, then Baton Pass to Flareon who then smacks REALLY hard with Superpower. If your opponent senses your trick when you Baton Pass, you can use Overheat/Flamethrower on their physical wall. It's all kinds of fun against stuff like Steelix.

Oh and Brick Break is no problem for it. It got hit with 2 Close Combats and still had about 49% of its health left.

And sweet Pokemon. I'll post one of each of my Eevee's up as well.

Last edited:
Underused?! Yes yes yes I love UU.

There's always this classic Swellow set:

Swellow
Item: Burn Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
- Facade
- Steel Wing
- Aerial Ace
- Brave Bird (or something else)

Burn Orb + Guts + Facade = a LOT of damage. Using the aforementioned Swords Dance/BP Leafeon on this guy is freaking hilarious, because Swellow's speed is almost unmatched in UU.

I personally love this.

Pikachu
HP: 201 (Important)
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 D (Alter Attack EVs to HP EVs to make sure that it has 201 HP)
Moves:
~Substitute
~Reversal
~Agility
~T-Punch

201 HP Means 4 subs, and after 4 of them you're at 1 HP. Use an Agility if they don't break your sub to outspeed anything that doesn't have priotity moves, T-Punch for STAB when they switch in a Ghost type.

lol, that's excellent. Pikachu makes a great Special glass cannon, too, if you give it a Light Ball. It's fast, it hits pretty hard for NFE, and... yeah.

lol, that's excellent. Pikachu makes a great Special glass cannon, too, if you give it a Light Ball. It's fast, it hits pretty hard for NFE, and... yeah.

Funny things is, Pikachu's Attack gets higher than his SA.=P

I <3 using a minun chatot combo :p

Minun Timid@ focus sash, 252 speed 252 Sp. attack 6 defense or HP

Baton Pass
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot

Thunder wave their non ground types then set up a bit when you have 1 or 2 nasty plots baton pass over to this beastly guy right here.

Chatot Modest/Timid @ Salac Berry

Hyper Voice
Heat Wave
Hidden Power [Water]
Substitute/Endure

Baton pass some nasty plots here and you can sweep freely :D Hyper voice is an awesome STAB move. Heat Wave is for coverage against any nasty steel types that switch in (Yes I'm talking about you Steelix). HP water is for any rock types and Substitute or endure is for getting low enough on health to activate Salac Berry. Not sure if those HP EVs will get you to the right number of HP so that's why i threw endure on there.

I <3 using a minun chatot combo :p

Minun Timid@ focus sash, 252 speed 252 Sp. attack 6 defense or HP

Baton Pass
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot

Thunder wave their non ground types then set up a bit when you have 1 or 2 nasty plots baton pass over to this beastly guy right here.

Chatot Modest/Timid @ Salac Berry

Hyper Voice
Heat Wave
Hidden Power [Water]
Substitute/Endure

Baton pass some nasty plots here and you can sweep freely :D Hyper voice is an awesome STAB move. Heat Wave is for coverage against any nasty steel types that switch in (Yes I'm talking about you Steelix). HP water is for any rock types and Substitute or endure is for getting low enough on health to activate Salac Berry. Not sure if those HP EVs will get you to the right number of HP so that's why i threw endure on there.

Good set on Chatot. I personally prefer Hidden Power Ground on my fliers though. More type coverage.

Back