Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Origins Early-Bird Registration now open

The Gorn

As of today (Nov. 30) through Jan. 11, you can pre-register for all 5 days of Origins for $50 per person. It will be $70 if you wait.

I doubt it. The website doesn't say (at least, I didn't find it), but in the past they've had a no refund policy.

I doubt you can just cancel because you do not feel like it but I know last year that they refunded my husband's badge price when our son won a badge by placing second at States.

Can anyone help me better understand the whole Expose-a-Friend, Fair-Only Pass, and Parent/Child badges? I'm pretty confused and I am having trouble finding information on the Origins website. One of my sons will be 10 by June so I think that he will need a Full Show Badge of his own this year. He has attended for the past few years with a Child Badge connected to my husband's badge. Can we use the Expose-a-Friend to get his badge this year or not since he attended in the past. Also, if I Expose-a-friend can they add Child Badges to their badge?

OK, I have sent an email to Origins/GAMA asking for some clarification. I will post the answers here when I receive them.

I just played around in the online registration and it let me purchase my pre-registration full show badge add my son's child badge and then expose-a-friend who has never attended and then child badges for her age-appropriate children. I did not complete the checkout though as I want to wait to hear from Origins. I don't want to cheat the system but would like to get the best deal that I can.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

OK, I have already received some answers to my email from Origins/GAMA. The replies were helpful to me and I hope that they help others too.

My child who will be 10 will now need a full show badge. And we cannot use Expose-a-Friend to get his badge because he has attended Origins in the past (type of previous badge does not matter).

If you get an Expose-a-Friend ticket for a friend, Child Badges can be added for that person's age appropriate children.

And, finally, here is the explanation that I received regarding the difference between the Fair Only badge and the Parent Badge.

The Fair Only is similar to a parent badge but will not allow entry to any of the paid game rooms or the spouse activities. It is good for 1 day only and you can’t attach a child’s badge to one. The pricing for them is $3 per person and $10 for a family of 4 or more (The site said $1 for awhile but that was incorrect. Sorry)

Last edited:
Hurry, the early bird discount is this Friday, Jan. 11. Also the chance to get a free badge for someone who hasn't been to Origins before. They don't have to travel with you to get the free, "expose a friend" badge.

http://www.originsgamefair.com/2008

2008 registration now OPEN!
Enjoy TWO great deals that save you money at Origins 2008!! (What a great holiday gift!)

* SAVE $20 with Origins 2008 Early Bird registration!!
* BRING A NEW PERSON FOR FREE with the popular Expose-A-Friend program!!

BOTH of these deals START TODAY and END on JANUARY 11, 2008.

To get your Early Bird badge or Expose-A-Friend 2-for-1 package,
* sign in...
* click Registration

* then start badge shopping. It's that easy!!

REMEMBER: these great deals only last until January 11, 2008. Sign up today!!!

Last edited:
Myself and 2 friends already bought our early bird badge. I talked a family into coming and the mother was a teacher, so she got in for free, and me and my friends used 2/3 of our expose-a-friend badge on her kids, so her whole family got in for free! Now, to just figure out who to give that other expose-a-friend badge too...hmmm

Go Origins, great deals!

I got my badge a few days ago for the Early Bird price.
I am also going to say this now so there won't be any conflict later.

I do not want my Pikachu outfit Burned/Destroyed/ Tampered with.

Look out for me as Pikachu at Nats :) <3 Tina

ps: does anyone know about any Magic the Gathering Drafts/Limited format play.
If there is a MTG draft Friday night I want to enter!!~ (need more player rewards points :) )

* it would be funny it I top cut like I did one time at an Anime Convention when I was a Pikachu.
O NO A PIKACHU made TOP CUT in a MTG Tourny! T-T!

Last edited:
OMG, the Origins site gets worse and worse every year. Hyperlinks that don't work, no way to directly view the shopping cart, seeing purchases from last year's badge. Horrible.

Anyone notice how there are no future dates listed after 2010?

I can't remember my password and it won't let me get logged in to find it. Not even sure of my username. Tried to open a new account and it won't let me from this computer since it already had an account. Barnacles!

I totally agree with ShadowCard on the Origins website. They used to have a forum that was at least interesting. (But I don't think that just listing until 2010 is an issue.)

But I decided to check the GENCON site. Everything there has been changed to "Coming Soon" - including future dates.

I'm hopeful (although doubt, for the next couple of GENCONs) that the dates for GENCON have changed. Right now, GENCON comes after school starts back. It would be great if they moved that up a few weeks.

(But my daughter will be going off to college in a couple of years and it won't matter - my wife and I will go! LOL)

OMG, the Origins site gets worse and worse every year. Hyperlinks that don't work, no way to directly view the shopping cart, seeing purchases from last year's badge. Horrible.

You're correct. We had a hard time too manuevering thru the system. We sent them an email asking/telling them to make the site more user-friendly. If only you could call to buy some badges, that may be better. But we got our badges and my husband got a military discount ("advantages of being old and retired" as he says.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Origins extends their early bird discount this year like they did last year.

See you in Ohio! We'll be bringing a couple of extra players.

Nats itself does not cost anything - the event ticket is free. But you must have a convention badge to enter Origins and to get event tickets, etc. The cost of the badge depends on your needs/status such as do you only need a badge for Saturday ($30) or will you be attending all 4 days ($60)? Are you a under 10 ($0) and will need an accompanying adult ($20 - $40)?

Here is a form that you can print to buy your convention badge - https://www.originsgamefair.com/upl...ycO9esVCR-mA/Early-bird_reg_form_fillable.pdf . Or you can buy online at https://www.originsgamefair.com/2008/register/buy-your-badge .

You cannot get the ticket for Nationals or any other event that will happen at Origins at this time. GAMA is still compiling the list and will share it with us sometime in the Spring. At that time, you can get an event ticket that gets you into Nationals.

Just a little heads up for those of you that haven't gotten your badge yet:

Pre-registration for Origins ends May 25. So just because you didn't get in on the Early Bird rate doesn't mean you can't still register at all!

Back