Oslo Tsunami Charity Tournament Report

rubyloc

Where do you post that kind of reports nowadays? :/
Well, now. Report. Mm. hf.

Date: 02/27/05
Attendance: 52
Place: Pizzanini Store, Oslo, Norway
Format: 5 round Age-Modified Swiss, Modified Constructed decks only

Well, so, it's 10am, and I get up from bed, take a shower, eat breakfast etc.
I figure out that my Draggy deck has quite a messy list, so I sit down with it for like 30 mins and tweak in stuff against Salamence and other Draggy decks. Blah, blah. Not interesting.
But the list turned out like this;

Pokemon

4 Dunsparce
3 Dark Dragonite
3 Dark Dragonair
3 Dratini
3 Dark Electrode
3 Voltorb
1 Kingdra
1 Horsea
1 R Sneasel ex

Trainers

2 Desert Ruins
3 Rocket's Mission
2 Crystal Shard
1 ATM Rock
4 Rare Candy
3 Rocket's Poké Ball
2 Copycat
3 Celio's Network
1 Switch
2 Mr Briney's Compassion

Energy

4 Dark
4 Dark Metal
3 Rainbow
3 Rocket

This was a charity tournament for the Tsunami Disaster victims, so half of the money went there

Yeah, well. I take the train to town, and find myself in a big hall with lots of shops.
But now I suddenly realize one thing. "Where the feck is Pizzanini?"
So I run around for like 5 mins before I go around a corner and see like 30 people. Yay.
We register and stuff (wtf, I'm writing too much <.<) and after half an hour we get round 1 pairings.
The tournament could begin! :D

Round 1 vs Small Kid (sry, can't remember name) - Random Wish Maker/Starcharge deck
I start out with a Dunsparce, he with a Deoxys defense. He attaches and pass, I SAR for 2 Voltorbs and a Dratini, he lays down a Clamperl and passes again, I get a Dragonite out turn 3 and start dishing 70 damage, killing off his random Clamperls, Deoxyses and Huntails. He had no chance.
1-0

Round 2 vs Kenneth - Monarchy with Wurmple
Oh man. We flip open our basics, I've got a Dratini and he's got a.. Nidoran.. I was like "wtf?! monarchy?!" and he got out some Nidoran females.
I get one dark energy and some Rocket's, a turn one Dragonite and he gets out a Nidoqueen with 'Kings on bench and kill my Dunsparce, Voltorb and some other stuff I got out.
A Crystal Shard midgame killed my Dragonite, and I had no hope from there. Got one prize total.
1-1

I got myself together, and joined the crowd to get pairings for
Round 3 vs Salamence-lover - Salamence ex
This was a game I really loved. I got an early Dragonite with Electrodes and a Kingdra on bench.
My R Sneasel ex killed his benched Shelgon by pulling it up and doing 50 damage to the poor beast.
I crippled some Altaria and Pidgeot-things with my 'Nite and 'Trode, and I had a 6-1 lead in prizes when he gets a Salamence ex out with a water energy. Hmm.. I let him attach his fire energy, he passed, I get four Darks on my active 'Nite and says GG by attaching a Crystal Shard for 180 damage. Yay.
2-1

Lunch! Free pizza and pepsi at the registration stand.. I ate with some other guys and one of them poured cola on me. lol. We drag ourselves over to pairings.

Round 4 vs Thorbjørn - Blaziken
I knew I would meet one of them. Hrmf. Annoying. He gets Pidgeot, a bex and a rex out, I get my turn three Draggy with Trodes and a Desert Ruins out.
He Quick Searched for HPS, knocked away my 'Ruins :(
Well, I pretty much killed him by trancing 2 darks and a rainbow to my active 'Trode over a few turns and attaching them back with attack. I killed his Bex, his Rex came out, I killed that with Crystal Shard Trode, I killed a Dunsparce and he got a Blaziken out. He killed my active Trode after he got hit for 50 and i said gg by sending out a Draggy with three darks. Well played game, opponent :)
3-1

And now it's announced. NO TOP 16. Everyone looked veeeeery "wtf"-like. WE HAD TOP 8!
As pairings for the last round was announced, I knew I had to win the last one to ensure a place in top 8.

Round 5 vs Mikkel - Sceptile
He had Roselia, I had Dratini and R Sneasel. He did some Speed Growthing and Powdering, I got out Draggy by turn.. four :(
Killed some Treeckos, a Dunsparce and the Roselia with 'Nite and mostly 'Trode, so it was down to 6-1 in prizes.. Then he Rare Candies his active Treecko with four energies to Sceptile ex and attaches a Grass Energy. He poison rings and kill my active Trode, and I send out a 'Nite from bench (got two ^^).
I get out Desert Ruins, and three darks on my active 'Nite. His Scep was damaged 40.
I Dark Navigation for the fourth Dark, and trance it up for the KO.
4-1

As the head judge announced the ppl in the Top Eight, I hear my name :D. So I go into the main restaurant along with seven others to complete the tournament..
It was exciting.. We all shuffled our decks for like ten minutes. Head Judge had to register people for a drop-out tournament first.
Omg, pairings for Top 8 arrived! I am playing against another Dark Heart deck.

Top 8 match vs Guy (names.. <.<) - Dark Heart
I had R Sneasel. He had Dunsparce, and he started. He SARed, and sent out a Dratini.
I Celio'd for a Dunsparce, switched it, attached Dark and SARed for a Voltorb and two Dratinis.
I got like two energies until round 8 or 9.
He picked prizes like a maniac with Rocket's Snorlax and 'Nite.
It was 6-1 in his lead and I topdecked a R Pokè Ball.
Got a Dragonite with it and Rare Candied my benched Dratini.
Voltorb retreated free with Electron-thingy and I had two energies on Dragonite.
He Claw Swiped for 50, I topdeck a Rainbow Energy and did 60 damage to his 'Nite.
After that he ATM Rocked my Draggy back to Dratini for the game..
Well played, indeed, very good game by my opponent ^^

I went out to the drop out players, and one of my friends got second with his Jumpluff/Quagsire deck (he lost against zapdos in final).
I gave my three-booster-prize to my friend, except one card, a Metang.
I traded for a DX Metagross right after, so I have enough for my deck. Yeehaw.

PROPS:
- To me, for getting in top 8 out of over 50 players
- To Tronn Are for getting in second in Drop-Out with his sick deck lol
- To Crystal Shard, for giving Salamence and Rayquaza a hard time
- To Daddiursa, for arranging this ^^
- To Pizzanini, for hosting this event, and for giving us pizza

SLOPS:
- To my hair. Seriously, my head looked like grass
- To me, for losing a Desert Ruins
- To the POP Boosters I won, for getting cards I have 20-30 of

~rubyloc

Back