Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Our WORLDS Report

Well, to start off....I WILL SAY THIS HAS TO HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE BEST EVENTS I HAVE BEEN TO PAST THE BIRTHS OF MY 4 KIDS!! :thumb: Yes, it was AWESOME by a LANDSLIDE!
We set off Friday morning on 2 different flights, 1 w/myself, Munchlax, (Brett) & Dylibird (Dylan) <--Trip Winner on American with several other winners from St. Louis & the 2nd on SW w/my husband Tank68, Ryan & Heather. It was all going just dandy until Munchy took a HORRIBLE spill outta the car seat onto the hard floor at the Airport gate a few minutes before we board. All is well tho, just a very frieghtened mom & headache baby! The SW flight has delays & many stops before they land in SD around 2pm. We get our MINITURE car & make 2 trips back & forth to the airport & hotel in order to get everyone there. We scurry along to check in & get decks ready for the Grinder. The 3 of them Tank, Ryan & Heather make a mad dash down to enter themselves in with just a few minutes to play around with. My & Munchlax just hang tight & get everything together & regroup while we have the chance too.
Games come & go with kids running in & out my room with constant updates as to how they are doing. Next thing I know, I'm finally heading down to see the action & meet up with Poliwags dad & himself. What a pleasure to finally start meeting others I semi know! But first I walk into the Convention to see all the Poke parafanalia(sp?) and suddenly realize, WERE AT THE POKEMON WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIP!!WOW, HOW COOL IS THAT!!So the excitement really starts to surface. Shortly after, while trying to carry on a conversation with Poli's dad, I hear 2 familiar screams, MOM:WE MADE IT IN, BOTH ME & HEATHER!! AS HEATHER STARTS SCREAMING & BOUNCING AROUND TO FIND HERSELF IN DADS ARMS!! Im not sure who was happier at this point, the kids or PROUD DADDY! It was the cutest thing to see, almost like a Hallmark moment! So now I have 3 kids in the Touny on Sat....WHAT PRESURE I tell ya! So we wrap the night up with the AWESOME reception dinner for us & decide to hang out in the open play area for a while so the kids can semi unwind.
Sat comes around and man was the heat on in our room! WOW! Sooooo much excitement was making my head spin! They all head down to have a great day of compation. Me & Munchlax decide to do our own thing around the room & the con. center. Rounds get played, I get game updates, & Tank gets drafted into ushering...LOL (inside joke, its a crack up...lol) Well rounds are over & my kids didnt place but had a totally great experience playing in the Tourny. Win or lose, it was just an awesome experience! So off to the open gaming for the piglet draft. Now, if that wasnt a true :pokeball: pokemon :pokeball: players heaven, then I dont know what is! Ive never seen such DETERMINED piglets EVER! Red eyes, 1/2 dead, poke playen fools they were! Dedicated lil kids! It seemed like after every round, they were dropping like flies! I think a hand full lasted thruw to the bitter end. They all needed a prize for that alone! Way to go guys & gals! :clap:
Sunday comes around....Is it time to go home yet...lol NOPE! more tourneys, more trading, & more walking! Lines start to fill up for autographs & here is where my caios starts...lol Kids leaving me, taking off with my cards to get signed, running here & there & not caring that Im trying to get a 101 things signed for us & the kids back home! OMG, it was a mess! I was sure I was coming home minus 4 people...lol But, we did manage to get everything signed both sessions so mom is finally happy again! Thank god for that! So on to the pool 1/2 of the gang goes & the others off to battle some more! I stop in here & there to catch some updates & see how the rest are doing in the finals & man, my kids werent even in it & I was sweaten! Great job to all that made it as far as you did! Closing ceramonies was soon on its way to almost end the GREATEST family trip weve taken!
Monday rolls around and off to the Sheraton we go for the last night. We pack up & head out to do some sight seeings a take a dip in the Pacific. What an event that was! VERY VERY COLD it was. We had a great day out, & got to see alot in just a few short hours. Cought a police chase of like 8 cop cars too...lol Thats always exciting for me to see!
Tuesday has come & off to the airport we go. My flight ends up being the same as Meg45 & his kids so we gab a lil before were off. The flight was fine & home it was finally.

MY PROPS as yall say:
PUI/POP I guess it is for allowing us to have the GREATEST trip yet!
The gifts/prizes we all received were OUT OF THIS WORLD! Thank you sooo much for all you gave us! It was truely amazing!
PUI/POP for putting on the COOLEST EVENT around! Im sure it takes alot of time & effort in putting something like this on & the time spent away from your family while doing so has to be hard, SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR DOING SO! I think it really brings alot of family time to the event also!
SUSAN: You have an absolutly AMAZING HUSBANDAKA SUPERDAD as I called him on Sunday ashwe walked down the Volunteer hallway pushing a double stroller & carring the baby in a sack looking for mommy! I had to make mention of this & gave him a big round of applause for being there for you & so supportive! So PROPS to SUPERDAD! :clap:
Mike: Thanks for understanding my families lil incadent...lol Im glad you understood where the hype came from!
To all the great people I met over the weekend! It was a pleasure putting names with faces for the most part! Although I never found WaterPokemonMaster...lol I did ask many people!
Thanks again & hope to see yall at POKEMON ROCKS AMERICA!
Melissa aka UnstoppablePokeMomx4
Proud momma of all 3 of my Worlds players!
Ryan, Heather, & Dylan

Back