Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oversized Tyranitar card

tyranitar42

I got this on ebay, and wonder what it's worth. I couldn't pass it up, being the T-tar lover I am

The card is about 5 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" wide, has 120HP, dark symbol. the bottom of the cardin the right hand corner has 3/12 and a 3D cube as a symbol of the set it's from. The poke-Body is dark Aura, and it's attack is for 4 dark NRG: STAMP 50+10 more and 10 dmg to opponents' benched pokies. Dated 2002 Pokemon/Nintendo. Where did this cool little gem come from, and is it worth the $5 I paid for it or more maybe? The Borders are prism/sparkles, like a Lv.X It almost looks like a jumbo E-Reader card.

Also, the same dealer told me she has 2 more, 1 Ho-oh and 1 Charizard, but they don't have the same type of Pokemon backing like the US cards (or this T-Tar) seem to be made from thin plastic, can see thru them except for where the holo/foil/sparkle stuff is. are these fakes or just from something else. the cards are numbered something/13, have the same 3D cube symbol, and are dated 2003pokemon/nintendo

Thank you very much in advance for any and all information you can supply me! =)

That card was from a series of 12 box toppers that were included in Booster Boxes from EXPEDITION, AQUAPOLIS, & SKYRIDGE.

Here are the cards from each set:

EXPEDITION:
1/12 RH ALAKAZAM
2/12 RH FERALIGATR
3/12 RH TYRANITAR
4/12 RH VENUSAUR

AQUAPOLIS:
5/12 RH ENTEI
6/12 RH ESPEON
7/12 RH SCIZOR
8/12 RH SUICUNE

SKYRIDGE:
9/12 RH CHARIZARD
10/12 RH CROBAT
11/12 RH HO-OH
12/12 RH KABUTOPS

The cards from SKYRIDGE were 'Crystal' cards, transpartent, without the normal card back. These followed the 'Crystal' Cards that were in the regular set.

Pretty cool to have, I have the full set of 12.

i have a number of these aswell they are very cool to have i dont have a complete set yet :( i need charizard and i think hoho,crobat and suicune i think i'll have to look
the $5 you paid is prob about right

Cool, thanks a bunch for the info guys! I just grabbed myself the Charizard and Ho-oh too!

BTW:are there pages made to hold these things?

im jealous now

on subject of pages, over here i put my jumbo cards in A5 polypockets which i got from a local supermarket

Your local card shop may have sheets designed for post cards. That is what I picked up for the use. They will hold 2 of these large sized cards and are pretty cheap.

Yeah, these type of Jumbo cards fit great in things designed for post cards. Card shops don't seem to carry this type of thing. I'd recommend looking at antique shops. The only other place would be to buy the online, and you'd have to buy a bunch at once probably, and you'd only need a couple sheets or holders. At least where I live, a lot of antique shops have post cards, and sometimes individual sheets you can buy.

Back