Trainers:21
3 fieldworker
3 petm
3 admin
4 tv reporter
4 battle frontier
2 warp point
2 candy

Strategy: There is no 1 set strategy for this deck, as it is an all-around disruptive powerhouse. Each and every pokemon has either disruption or something about it to help your side. LM Mew ex is an assault weapon with 1 psychic and a holon’s magneton, every pokemon's attack in play is at his pleasure. The Espeon ex and Mew ex (hp) have devo powers. Metagross' super connect makes building up a pokemon deadly fast, and shady move makes no one out of reach. Let's move on to each pokemon and how it contributes more significantly to the deck…

Pokemon:

Mew Ex (hl)- Through my experience with this deck, it seems that I try and get Mew Ex out the most, seeing how he can take advantage of every pokemon’s attacks. This card has become very popular, and works well with a lot of decks these days, and he does nothing short of amazing in this deck as well. In fact, he is the reason that there are 4 holon’s magneton in this deck- so he can truly become a force against the opponent when they seem to get a faster build than you.

Metagross (dx)- Metagross is a VERY integral part of this deck. Just when it seems like you are falling behind by just one energy, you come back with a bang. You get two or all three of these guys out, and no attack is out of reach. Also, Metagross is there to fight against all of the safeguard pokemon out there. If Metagross has matching energy with EVERY safeguard pokemon currently out there (except dewgong), then Metagross can OHKO them (yes, even Dustox ex, due to his weakness).

Espeon ex- The perfect mix of disruption and power. Espeon ex has the highest hit points, the lowest retreat cost (0, which helps combo with warp point), the ability to either collect a prize or break candies with it’s power, and an excellent couple of attacks. Picking off that pokemon the opponent was setting up after making him pick up the highest evo is just brutal (and also making him shuffle it in with an Admin is pretty funny too.) Also, in a game where stadiums can make or break a game, Psyloop is an amazing second attack( also in the case of the opponent playing tools or fossils) that is a guaranteed 60, which isn’t shabby, but can also go to a nice high number.

Banette ex- mmmmmm… shady move. Banette ex is a gradually growing, semi-healing weapon. Late game, this guy can be popping off 90, and for only 2 energy. Even early game, you can maneuver around your opponent by adjusting the damage counters, and using a TV reporter to ditch a supporter (which this deck is loaded with) can help you get a sneak attack of an extra 10 (WOOOO!!!). Shady move also combos well with Metagross’ super connect- getting an extra energy in play, and giving you the ability to move the damage counter that you just placed on yourself onto the opponent. Also, with another Banette on the bench, you can retreat/ warp point and do multiple shady moves if you need to pick off something without even attacking. Banette has a resistance to fighting, which can help, and is the only pokemon in the deck not weak to psychic. (although he is just candy for dark decks)

Mew ex (hp)- This guy just screams BENCH ME!!! Excellent Power helps you check up on your opponent and to tell you if you should Admin/Fieldworker or not. Also, this guy’s second attack is just brutal!... but you should never fight with this guy. Use his attacks via the other Mew ex, and you have an attack that can kill anything candied and almost anything else with 2-3 damage counters on it. The only downside to Mew ex is the fear of starting with him.

Okay, well here it is! I was thinking that in the future, when I get back into a competitive environment, that I will dump 1 banette ex and 1 shuppet and put in 2 crystal shard, because resistance could really kill me. All suggestions and critiques are welcome!

:psychic: :psychic: :psychic: :psychic: :psychic:

i would cut banette line to 2-2 and add more supporters.
Also holon engine would be great parter with this kinda deck.

marstio said:
i would cut banette line to 2-2 and add more supporters.
Also holon engine would be great parter with this kinda deck.
he has a point, holon cards discard alot, helping with the whole supporter thing
i actually had a deck similar to this, but with gorrebys hl instead of mew ex. the only thing that really screwed me up was lbs (...which everyone in my area played)
very original
y not play desert ruins, no one in here activates it (and just look at ur opponents face when u uins them with two or more ex's in play:lol: )

PSYCO829 said:
he has a point, holon cards discard alot, helping with the whole supporter thing
i actually had a deck similar to this, but with gorrebys hl instead of mew ex. the only thing that really screwed me up was lbs (...which everyone in my area played)
very original
y not play desert ruins, no one in here activates it (and just look at ur opponents face when u uins them with two or more ex's in play:lol: )

espion ex would be hit by ruins and battle fronteir is more disruptive

the thing about installing a holn engine is that i would have to find room and this deck is already packed tight, and scond, yes i want to discard, but not to the point where i am discarding things that i need to help me build. the discarding balance is stable and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back