Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pachirisu, the overlooked Gem of CL

MrMeches

After reading MULTIPLE threads on how bad CoL is, it is an opinion there are several overlooked cards from players that might be stuck in the SP rut. This is about one such card:

Pachirisu

This little guy packs a decent Punch and could find its way into the decks of some that think outside the box.

Here are just a few ideas:

PachiDonk!

That's right, Pachi Donk. Being able to 50 is nice... but being able to instantly power yourself up to do it is amazing. Combined with Crobat G, Plus Powers, or Expert Belt, Pachi is suddenly hammering away! Caution however as you give TWINS quick playability!

Magnezone Prime

Magnezone can setup and utilize the 2 energy dropped by Pachi to hit for a Base 100 damage quickly. Seeker allows for wash repeat action and don't forget about Bronzong. Beware as those energy cards go to the Lost Zone, so make sure this deck maintains energy flow.

As Quick Draw pointed, Raichu Prime is another Great card to test out. 120 Damage Base a turn ain't to shabby! Raichu is basically energy Trans, only downfall is it moves them only to Raichu Prime. But the beauty is Pachi is the accelerator that makes Raichu playable. Drop 2 Pachi and move 3 energy up and still attach. With Seeker and Super Scoop Up and Fisherman, Aaron's, Energy Restore and other energy recovery cards, this little Basic could be an instant winner!

Another card you could go with Pachi is Lucian's to try and power up those Colorless attackers quickly.

So player's may want to rethink the uselessness of Call of Legends.

Fish

Last edited:
Agreed, Pachi is one of the 5 top new cards in the set. (In my opinion the other 4 are Lost World, Lost Removal, Mime Jr, and Mr. Mime)

Another possibility is to pair it up with Raichu Prime.

You could also pair Pachirisu with Magnezone LV.X to move the Lightning Energies around, preferably to a safer target. Gengar SF can one hit KO Pachirisu with Shadow Room. It is something to think about when using Pachirisu.

Link is Viable, but was thinking if you wanted to attach Belt! Another thing is Shaymin! Can be grabbed with Collector and reusable!

I'm definitely going to be testing Pachiraichu.

It probably won't be any good. But I figure it's worth trying.

Enh. It seems too inconsistent and clunky to run Magnezone and Bronzong and expect things to run smoothly. MAYBE, since Magnezone Prime's power is certainly helpful, but a single power spray can dampen every one's day.

At least, yours.

And something tells me Raichu is too easy to kill with a Donphan or Machamp counter.

actually. cause of pachi, raichu prime can donk t1. its really funny how it works. the deck is quick with the right build and doesnt afraid of trainer lock either.

This card makes Raichu Prime very usable. I've been waiting for this card to come out. I can't wait to play with it.

Im thinking about it lol...
If put with Raichu and Bronzong that could be a t2 Voltage Shoot to hit for 80 on 2 people without having to discard your energies from raichu... That means next turn you can thunderbolt for 120 and already be ahead 2 prizes... It will definitely require Fisherman tho...

lol "well, technically it's be 150 damage because of the normal attach" :lol:

I might be playing Pachi Donk next format. No joke. No guarantees either. But no joke.

This is how I Pachurisu.
It really needs shaymin. Then for matches less serious, swarm the pikachu.

Pokemon: 20
1 Raichu Lv X
3 Raichu (Prime)
4 Pikachu HSP (Recharge-Thunderbolt)
3 Electrode (Prime)
3 Voltorb SF (Outlet)
3 Jirachi RR (Final Wish)

2 Pachurisu CL (Self Charge)
1 Dialga (Reverse Time)

Trainers: 24
3 Twins
3 Seeker
3 VS Seeker
4 Bebe's Search
2 Interviewers Questions
2 Engineer's Adjustments
2 Prof Oak New Theory
1 Judge
2 Flower Shop Lady
1 Black Belt
1 Lucian's Assignment

Energy: 16
10 Lightning
3 Rescue Energy
3 Call

Wow, I really like the MagneRisu idea... Constant disruption + 100/turn.. It's like MagneGatr but 10x better.

Collaborative list tiem?

Pokemon: 23
4-3-3-1 Magnezone Lv.X
3 Smeargle
3 Pachirisu
2 Uxie
1 Shaymin UL
1 Azelf
1 Crobat G
1 Unown Q

T/S/S: 23
4 Judge
3 Collector
3 Bebe's Search
2 Seeker
2 Interviewer's Question
4 Rare Candy
1 VS Seeker
2 Broken Time Space
2 Expert Belt

Energy: 14
2 Warp Energy
12 Lightning Energy

Strategy: Hopefully start Smeargle, and DONK! Yes, you can donk any 60HP basic with a Smeargle start and a little luck even if you go first. Just Collector for Unown Q, Pachirisu, and Crobat G if needed. Of course you will also need to open 2 Lightning Energy.
The donk factor is just a bonus. After you whiff the donk, set up Magnezone ASAP and start disrupting through Judge. Then draw 2 more with Magnetic Draw. Keep using new Pachi's or Seeker's to consistently hit 100 before attaching for turn. Expert Belt + Warp Energy + Seeker makes you a tank. Magnezone Lv.X gets rid of weakness, and can move the energy you dropped with Pachi to Magnezone if needed. Shaymin is for emergencies, Interviewers to fetch Energy. It's pretty straight forward, but seems deadly.

cpeterik: I have similar ideas, but would use only two Pachis (hate to start with them).

But I am concerned about both the the concentrated fighting weakness AND the fact that I have an autoloss against Umbreon.

@mozartrules: Or you could just level up and snipe the benches :)

In testing on redshark, the problem with pachiraichu is, like gatr variants, getting energy. Raichu is a HUGE energy miller, more so that magnezone, and the need to seeker back pachi AND fisherman back energy is a huge damper to the strategy. Rayquaza ought to help, but ultimately the problem is actually getting back the energy AND maintaining the pachi drops.

Not to mention that, if you want to use the lvx, you need FIVE energy in your hand, and that obviously doesn't happen too often.

It's a poor choice indeed: slow but consistent magnezone, or fast but resource-heavy pachirisu. Hmm...

Back