Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

pack art = EX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbowlr1037

ive pulled about 20 EXs from next destinies, and have noticed a pattern. 17 of my 20 EXs(prerelease and retail) have been pulled from packs with either reshiram or regigigas as the pack art. my 3 mewtwo exs have all been pulled from zekrom packs. the people who know me will tell you im the luckiest person to ever buy packs(bought 20 from target today, pulled 2 full art shaymin and a mewtwo).

im wondering if anyone else has noticed this same thing. i thought it was just a coincidence at first but ive been noticing the same thing from youtube pack openings.

PS: Im aware its wierd to keep track of what comes out of which packs but since im luckier with individual packs fron retail stores, i keep track to increase my odds. this is the first set that i have noticed any kind of discernable pattern.
Posted with Mobile style...

Me and my friend when opening our boxes, 6 to be exact, wrote down the rares and everything in every pack and took note of the pack art as well and what position they were in the box, we then used this data and went to wal-mart and targets and bought all of their Regigigas packs... 1 out of every 5 packs we had bought had an EX in it. We had also noticed that the left side of a newly opened booster seemed to have more ultra rares than the right... I believe it was luck although data might state otherwise, we have pulled all but 7 EX's out of regigigas packs, the others were all pulled from reshiram or zekrom packs, have yet to pull and Ultra rare from any other pack are though... Again I think we are just getting lucky!

I can somewhat confirm this as well. In my case, we pulled a EX in all the Regi packs, like in every 5 or so and got my shinies in the Reshi packs(2 of them).

This is an ecological fallacy. The unit of analysis (you and your personal experience) has no connection to the truthfulness on a large scale since there is no sufficient way we can accurately reflect the pull ratio across various areas to validate the claim.

THAT SAID. I have noticed all my EX pulls are from Regigigas packs, now that you mention it...

This is an ecological fallacy. The unit of analysis (you and your personal experience) has no connection to the truthfulness on a large scale since there is no sufficient way we can accurately reflect the pull ratio across various areas to validate the claim.

THAT SAID. I have noticed all my EX pulls are from Regigigas packs, now that you mention it...

that is precisely why im asking people from other areas if theyve noticed the same thing

yea i have noticed the pattern as well but for me mewtwo artwork has the most ex pull rate and then reshiram and gigas has the better holo rare pull and ex.my friend opened a box up last week and i told him just look at the ex's you pull and shocking enough he pulled both ex's and the full art in a mewtwo pack and his shiny was in the gigias booster

From what I can tell, when I got my case(6 boxes) like someone else here posted, all of my EX cards were pulled from the Regi packs and my shiny cards were pulled from the Reshi packs. The ultras were pulled from both the Regi and Reshi packs.

From what I know about the blisters, the EX cards are randomly inserted into the packs but from the boxes, it seems to be that way. You now have 2 people saying this who got cases.

So far, this is what I've found (not using any data from this thread, but all of it from the data collecting thread and youtube pack openings so as not to take in any bias):

Mewtwo Packs (4 EX):
Kyurem
Shaymin
Reshiram
Zekrom

Regigigas Packs (6 EX, 1 FA, 1 Shiny):
3 Mewtwo
Kyurem
Reshiram
Shaymin
Shaymin (FA)
Emboar

Reshiram Packs (6 EX, 5 FA):
2 Reshiram
Kyurem
Zekrom
Regigigas
Shaymin
2 Reshiram (FA)
Regigigas (FA)
Mewtwo (FA)
Kyurem (FA)

Zekrom Packs (7 EX, 4 FA, 2 Shiny):
3 Zekrom
Reshiram
2 Regigigas
Mewtwo
2 Kyurem (FA)
Mewtwo (FA)
Shaymin (FA)
Hydreigon
Zoroark

Last edited:
after reading this i went and bought 6 regi packs from my store pulled a reg and FA mewtwo I definately think theres something here... and if not this still made my day

I tried the same thing, and apparently hit the crap luck. 11 packs from target, 8 regi, 3 zek. Only one EX pulled out of any of them.

Funny story, last night I bought one Regigigas pack thinking about this thread and pulled a Mewtwo EX. Random luck more than confirmation, though.

I bought 6 Gigas packs. 1 Kyurem EX. Meh.

I already pulled 4 Mewtwo EX though but I didn't keep track of what packs I bought lol

To All confirmation posters.....

Pics or it didn't happen :lol:

jk-- but really? Are we saying that ex cards are going into a disproportionate number of regigigas packs? I think tcpi would correct something like that REAL QUICK, don't you?

I've noticed the same thing, kinda. All my EX have come from either Zekrom or Mewtwo packs. Shiny in Reshiram.

To All confirmation posters.....

Pics or it didn't happen :lol:

jk-- but really? Are we saying that ex cards are going into a disproportionate number of regigigas packs? I think tcpi would correct something like that REAL QUICK, don't you?

Doubtful. It's been predictable, by lot number, like this for years.

Not going to lie, not that I've kept complete track of it, but all of my Mewtwo EX pulls (two) to this point have been from Mewtwo packs as well. We've pulled EX's from Regigigas packs as well. I believe Zekrom was the other. But none other than those three.

I bought a mewtwo box set the other day and I pulled a Mewtwo EX from the Zekrom pack, and a Regigigas EX from the Regigigas pack. 2 EX's in one Mewtwo box....Pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back