Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Palace Belt Tool card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems decent, but Tool Scrapper and Catcher kind of ruins it. Plus most decks will probably be using tools like Eviolite and Dark Claw anyway.

The only advantage this has over Amulet Coin is that you can't have your extra card N'd away, That's negated by your opponent being able to either Catcher around it, discard it with Scrapper, or just KO whatever it's attached to. Even if it did get printed in English, I wouldn't expect it to see any play.

Seems like it's going to be extremly rare, even in Japan.

Some extremely rare Japanese cards are not that rare in English, like Raichu (Prime), Espeon (Prime) and Umbreon (Prime). Although unlikely, I wouldn't be surprised if this card eventually ended up being a Battle Roads promo.

True . . . I was thinking along the lines of Mysterious Pearl though.

In any other game, this type of mechanic would warrant a high premium. But it seems that one extra card ability in this respect is a bit too situational to warrant severe hype. As stated above, it can be easily played around. I do think this would be amazing with some kind of hit and run type attack. Place on your 'wall' poke and switch out every turn. It's just a bit underwhelming since most decks play12+ draw/refresh cards. More often than not, getting extra cards is fairly easy
Posted with Mobile style...

Keep in mind that Amulet Coin was in the same format as Claydol, and Uxie was introduced very soon after that. It was rotated alongside Claydol. This card is twice as good as Amulet Coin and we don't have much good draw in this format.

Sure, it can be Catchered around, but think about it. If they Catcher something and KO it, you can just promote the Pokemon with this attached again. If they Catcher something and don't KO it, they're probably now at a significant disadvantage since OHKOs are so common now.

Edit- Oh, never mind. I thought it allowed for two additional cards to be drawn at the start of the turn, for a total of three. It seems decent, but not as good as I thought it was. Certainly not twice as good as Amulet. :/

...meh. Not a really useful card IMO. What kills it for me is that it draws on your turn, and it takes the place of your Eviolite/Large Cloak. Sure you could put it on your bulky EX, but in a format with Raikou EX, and Catcher, as well as plenty of other ways to OHKO the defending Pokemon it's just underwhelming.

Some extremely rare Japanese cards are not that rare in English, like Raichu (Prime), Espeon (Prime) and Umbreon (Prime).

True, true. But at least the Prime cards you mentioned are Ultra Rares. I doubt they'd go from having a few hundred copies in Japan to making it an Uncommon card in English. So yeah, It'll probably be the Autumn Battle Road Promo.

This seems pretty good, actually. Put it on a cleffa in ZekEels, and whenever they KO anything other than cleffa, put it active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back