Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

paranoia agent

balmungmp5

i do NOT understand this show! is all of the impossible stuff that happens supposed to be people with mental conditions that think it's real? if anyone knows explain it to me!

Paranoia Agent was the most retarded Anime I've ever watched.

-There was no plot to the episodes
-The storywriting was bad
-There was no character development
-And it was extremely boring.

Those 4 things add together to make a VERY bad anime.

it was good IMO
their was alot of good stories
ESPECIALLY the story about the woman with the mulitple personality disorder
and the girl with the camera in her room....

If you watch the Last Episode of the series you should get it.

Little Slugger isn't real he is made of peoples fears and excuses.
Story Line a GIrl who created Miromi gets attacked and more people get attacked. Some other Characted include the police and his side dude, and the fake lil slugger. Also the Prostitute who has a dual personality thing and a Old Lady, and Old man who sorta add this mistic fortelling in the story. The Fat Cop, had a dying wife who died in the last episode. There was also the perverted father who spied on his daughter. Yuiichi and the fat kid were part of it too, casue yuiichi was about the supposed age of lil slugger. This Show is weird. But I got it after seeing the last episode, untill then IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE SCENCE. O I forgot the suicide episode, that was pure out random lol.

Flaming_Spinach said:
Paranoia Agent was the most retarded Anime I've ever watched.

-There was no plot to the episodes
-The storywriting was bad
-There was no character development
-And it was extremely boring.

Those 4 things add together to make a VERY bad anime.

That is because you do not understand it. The whole anime is brilliant - go read explanations of it or something.

That was a stupid idea cause at the moment you pushed play on the big screen a bunch of 7 and yonger year old people walk in as the wolf dude rips some guy in half

i have seen the last episode but it stil doesnt make much sence. i like to watch it though! i think it is a good anime but it gets really weird sometimes.

I think it's one of the best anime I've ever seen. The gossipy housewives episode was probably the crappest (though it makes sense when you see the whole thing) the Holy Warrior episode was really laid on too thick, and the one in the animation studio was a little daft, but all in all it was fantastic.

One thing I'll admit I don't get, though, I have to agree with Ichi: "What's with the palm tree?"

The scene where Ikari faces reality was utter awesomeness. I did really like the suicide pact episode. It bugs me that they never thought of using the most common method (seal a car up and pipe the exhaust fumes in), though they did try something similar in the direlect bilding, but overall it was nice and quirky and the characters were great.

Ten thumbs up.

o yes the music when ikari faces reality is utterly cool no doubt.
I love what he says it is like:
I am not wanted in this world, But thats the Reality I have to Face
or something like that. MISC, the hosue ladys one I actually like.
in the suicide epi don't you think they are already dead, beacuse of the picture thing? and lil slugger was afraid of them, and they didn't die when they try to hang themself.

Sorry for Playing Wolf's Rain at Pokemon League It was a test for the DVD player.
I Said like 5 times DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE UNDER 13. Thank You.
There were no complaints anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
This series is great.

FS, this anime isn't anything like your typical one because *SPOILER WARNINGS???!?!?!?!?!*:

-The plot is suggested to be circular, beginning and ending in an identical way.
-The characters are all one giant character, in that they all have fears, delusions, traumas, or issues they are eventually forced to face. The show is either about just a few people (the detectives and Tsukiko, who are developed decently enough), or everyone in the entire city, since the city's pretty much annihilated.
-"Bad" is so subjective. If that was a bad story, then show me a good story!
-"Boring" is subjective, too.

IMO the anime's really good, and does a lot of things RIGHT which other animes don't, including...

ACTUALLY MAKING JAPANESE PEOPLE LOOK JAPANESE!!!

gg.

The first episode I ever saw was the suicide episode... so... I just thought the anime was nuts and >_>

If I wanted absurdism, I'd watch Wonder Showzen, or Aqua Teen, etc.

I shoulda known I shouldn't've posted my opinion about an anime in this forum.

Whatever, I'll just say it was against my personal tastes. I don't like works that glorify mental illnes and/or crime, and I don't like anime that requires the watcher to do outside research JUST TO UNDERSTAND.

I guess we can all have differing opinions, can't we?

That being said, bobobobobobobo still makes more sense than Paranoia Agent IMO.

PS. Cowboy Bebop For Life!!

homeofmew said:
It was amuzing .

...eh? I don't think either of the guy counted as either of those.

By the end of the episode they are definitely dead, and yeah, it was the picture that clued me off. After watching it a few times I figure Lil Slugger did kill them in the night; maybe that was them in the next room being killed (-kinda-wierdness). The next morning, the old guy does panic when he notices that none of them cast shadows (hadn't spotted that the first time), but in the next episode (the gossipy housewives) it's mentioned that Lil Slugger recently killed three backpackers in a countryside hotel.

@Flaming Spinach: Nah, we still love yah :) I think it was fairly obvious that different episodes were written by different people, not all as talented as the rest. And the plot ties between and within the episodes are fairly loose, though it is all drawn together towards the end. Aside from the gossipy episode I didn't find any of them boring. And Cowboy Bebop is indeed rather excellent, though it's not really in my top five.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back