Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Partners for Bronzong-Phantom Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of building a deck revoling around Bronzong, Metal attackers, and colorless attackers, but I don't know which attackers to use. A list of possible Pokemon are stated below:

Pokemon
4-3 Bronzong Line (Might add in one Bronzong)
?x Aegaslash ex (heavy hitter with protection against special energy users)
2x Seismitoad ex (Stalling with item lock)
?x Dialga ex (Stalling against ex pokemon)
?x Cobalion ex (discarding special energy from opponents field not sure if needed with Aegaslash's ability)
?x Cobalion LTR (Strong metal type non-ex attacker)
?x Keldeo ex (So Bronzong can Metal Link onto prefered pokemon)
?x Mr. Mime (Prevents bench sniping)
?x Mewtwo ex (Non metal heavy hitter)

Feel free to add any other viable attackers that havent been added already. Help and advice are greatly appreatiated!

Choosing which attacker(s) to use depends on your play style, if you like lock/stall decks a Aegislash/Seismitoad EX combo could do well. If you like heavy hitters then Dialga/Mewtwo EX deck might be for you. Cobalion EX is kinda in the middle, to be honest I personally wouldn't play it with Aegislash EX because it seems counter intuitive. Cobalion LT is a decent non EX attacker that can fit in either play style. Mr. Mime would be awesome to have but between the 2-3 Bronzong you will have benched and your attackers it would be a tight fit to me. Keldeo EX seems the best option for the Metal Links ability use, just like the Eels deck. No one has really come up with the best Metal deck yet so testing is the only way to figure it out.

I feel like if it's pure bronzing you might want to go with something with more utility because garbotoad and pyroar shut down this deck. If you went heavy steel I would definitely recommend 2-1-2 klink and 2-2 bronzong and do what ragneg recommended by reducing your steel attackers so they are more defined and create synergy with one another. This is just how I feel about this and from prevous experience with eels (which bronzing is the same thing). Going with nothing but good steel attackers that don't seem good in this format with a card that gives it a slight edge doesn't make it good, it just makes it like you want to play it but have to strategy base for it, if you played klink against pyroar they have 2 cards in pyroar they can't use against you if you used back to back slashing strike to knock out there pyroars faster then they could counter now they are locked and you can take easy prizes, where as you were just bronzing you would get hit like a truck and wish to quite, klink also makes alternative matchups for you infinitesimally better, but good luck with testing.

It's not an attacker and it's not a metal type, but Aegislash-EX could benefit from (PFO) Jellicent. It can add special energy from your opponents discard pile to their big attackers like pyroar who would cause trouble for this deck. You'd likely lose it, but you could shut down up to three pokemon with your Aegislash from there on helping you stall to regain momentum should you be short on bronzong and see a lot of energy drop off your board.

Kangaskhan and M Kangaskhan would be worthy of consideration too, especially since it provides a non-R type weakness.?

Aegislash can counter Landorus as well as many other attackers that use Special Energy, but teching always hurts consistency. So it's all about finding a happy medium, if you feel like Aegislash warrents playing, you should play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back