Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Party Face/Cincinno Counters - I'd rather have a Funeral Face.

Rikko145

So I've not been liking this new lock deck coming out in the format. It's using Cinccinno to Do The Wave for a main attacker, while spamming/disrupting with Slowking HGSS and Weavile UD. Seems kinda sketchy to me. Is there a way to counter this deck? Let's put on our Funeral Faces! :lol:

This is HGSS-on, by the way.

Last edited:
Please give more detail.

So people who do not know the deck to which you refer may have some possible solutions to your sketchy question.

Thanks.

I have a party face deck, and its pretty bad in general. Doesnt even need a "counter" cause it looses to every meta-deck out there. Its just a fun deck to play my sister with or for my sister to win a junior battle road...

Well, you could use Cleffa to thwart their attempts at locking you, or Grumpig to turn off Second Sight and Claw Snag. The better option is to just play lots of consistency cards and hand refreshers. I don't think you have anything to worry about. The deck seems rather clunky and inconsistent.

Well, you could use Cleffa to thwart their attempts at locking you, or Grumpig to turn off Second Sight and Claw Snag. The better option is to just play lots of consistency cards and hand refreshers. I don't think you have anything to worry about. The deck seems rather clunky and inconsistent.

I'm talking HGSS-on. I should've made that clearer. It's actually quite fast.

A.) Grumpig only stops it for one turn before being OHKO'd by Cinccinno.

B.) I have a pretty good deck right now and only play HGSS-on, and am thwarted repeatedly by Cinccinno. Maybe they're just very good at playing it.

C.) Doesn't matter if it needs one or not, I'm looking for one. :lol:

It'd be most helpful if you mentioned what deck you're playing... makes it much easier to help.

It'd be most helpful if you mentioned what deck you're playing... makes it much easier to help.

I am looking majorly for a counter that is generally helpful to most/all decks. I know Bouffalant (spelling?) would be helpful to any deck that runs DCE. Revenge killing the Cinccinnos.

What's wrong with that? Nothing just make sure zoroark is ran with some other quick hitter I.e. Yanmega. This puts you on the positive side of the trade off

From what I am reading, it doesnt seem like much of a problem...

I went against a deck today that was Houndoom over Cinccino. He Judged you, and then discarded your entire hand. Because I am running Yanmega, that was bad for me. I couldnt attack. Cleffa really came in handy. Just try it. It may make a boat for you, so you can float it :)

I'm still not clear what the OP's problem with the deck is.

Is it the swarming Cinccino or the hand disruption?

Back