Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Patriots or Steelers?

Pokekid

I say go patriots there my #1 team since last year nobod thought they would win but i did so now it comes up to Patriots VS Steelers i say patriots but the steelers defence is a bit scary like before the 34-24 win against patriots but what do u think.

Pats all the way...Or the Eagles..Or the Falcons...Three fav teams...Been rooting for them since like.....ever...

I'd love to say Pats, as they haven't lost to the same team twice since Brady took over, but the big loss to Pitt earlier this year makes me start having doubts. I have no doubt they can stop Big Ben (can anybody spell his last name outside of Pitt without a cheating device?), but I do doubt that they can score on the New Steel Curtain. This game wil come down to defense and who can unnerve the opposing team first. Brady has proven that he can take the pressure and deliver when it really counts, the same cannot be said for Big Ben. This will be Big Ben's ultimate test.

I will say this, tho. Whoever wins the Pat/Pitt game will win the Super Bowl. Philly just isn't that great a team w/o TO, and Hotlanta is just not the best there is.

Red Sox in 7..................Oh wait a minute. :wink:
Patriots and Falcons. Vick and the Falcons are better than the TO less Eagles. Patriots will win a close one over Pitt.

Patriots of course! I have a feeling Pittsburgh is going to choke. Besides, they got lucky like 200 times last week... :tongue:

Last edited:
Pidgeotto Trainer said:
Red Sox in 7..................Oh wait a minute. :wink:
Patriots and Falcons. Vick and the Falcons are better than the TO less Eagles. Patriots will win a close one over Pitt.

Well. you're already 0-1. You might get lucky with this game though. As I post it's Pats 10-3

Eagles are crushing the Patriots at the superbowl! I do not want the Patriots to win the Bowl again!

Last edited:
Eagles have more than TO. You guys don't know anything. Have you ever heard of Donovan McNabb or Brian Westbrook? Eagles offense is very balanced and they don't rely on one player. And their defense is just amazing right now. Trotter, the ax man, is tearing it up. I can't wait until the Superbowl. It will be a good game. Plus TO will be back, not 100%, but he will be back.

TO coming back is the reason that the Eagles will lose. He cannot possibly be even close to 75%, considering that the injury that he sustained is enough to keep almost everyone in the league out of PRACTICE, much less GAMES, for at least 3 months. TO will be a paperweight, McNabb won't throw to him, and the Pats will put a token D on him (say, single coverage with possible safety backup all day long). Also, the Pats are the best team in the league, because they have the best COACH in the league. Anybody notice the complete shutdown of BOTH Manning AND the Bus, two of the most prolific scorers in the league today? Pats take it, 28-17.

Umm you are really dumb. TO won't play the whole game. He's gonna be third reciever. If he was doing bad, why would he stay in the game? Manning always chokes in the playoffs and Steelers had a rookie QB.

TO will DEMAND to play the whole game. If you're paying a tempermental guy 14 mil and he's yellin bout not playin, you play him, just to keep him on the team.

No choke first round, argument doesn't hold water.

Didn't bother them first game, argument doesn't hold water.

That kind of injury would keep MOST players out for 3 months, yes. But ask any expert, if anybody can recover in time, it's T.O.. He keeps his body in such immaculate condition, that he can come back in half that time. And as far as TO being only about 75%, don't bet on it. He wouldn't play in that bad shape, no matter how big a primadonna he is. Winning comes first, which is why he got the hell out of Baltimore so quick.

plaidlesspez said:
Manning always chokes in the playoffs....

No, only against the Patriots.

plaidlesspez said:
...and Steelers had a rookie QB.

I am so sick and tired of hearing that "excuse". If being just a rookie was the reason, why didn't they put in their back up QB?

Pats will shut the Eagles down no problem. Like they did the Colts, Steelers, and everyone else. They're on a mission......

TO was never IN Baltimore in the first place. Due to a mixup with his agent, San Fran mistakenly traded him to Baltimore when he was supposed to be a free agent. He was never on the Baltimore franchise. Also, Baltimore has arguably the best defense in the league, and most definately one of the top 5 along with Pitt and NE. The only reason he didn't want to go there is because they have a complete lack of offense. I'm not so sure he cares more about winning or catching touchdown passes.

And, after his injury, given he's only been out for 2 months when he's supposed to be out at least 3, I'd say 75% is a very good estimate as to his playing condition.

bullados said:
TO was never IN Baltimore in the first place. Due to a mixup with his agent, San Fran mistakenly traded him to Baltimore when he was supposed to be a free agent. He was never on the Baltimore franchise. Also, Baltimore has arguably the best defense in the league, and most definately one of the top 5 along with Pitt and NE. The only reason he didn't want to go there is because they have a complete lack of offense. I'm not so sure he cares more about winning or catching touchdown passes.

And, after his injury, given he's only been out for 2 months when he's supposed to be out at least 3, I'd say 75% is a very good estimate as to his playing condition.

75% is a good estimate......right now. There's still just under 2 weeks until the Super Bowl. With his determination and rehab schedule he'll be 85-90% by game time, and that'll be enough to scorch the Pats weak secondary. And the Ravens may have one of the best defenses in the game, but you have to put points on the board to win. Baltimore not making the playoffs proves that. If I were an offensive player, I wouldn't want to play there either. This game is far from a lock for either team.

Harrison and Stokley are both very good receivers, and they have the best passing QB in the league today. Did that help Indy any? You are seriously underrating the Pats secondary, which has over 5 takeaways this postseason so far. TO isn't going to help any, and will probably hurt more than help in his condition.

And, as you said, he is at 75% right now. There is 1.5 weeks remaining before the superbowl. There is no way he'll be up to 90% by that time. 80% max.

Back