Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pee Wee on Adult Swim?!?!?!

Final Blizzard

why on earth is adult swim playing peewee herman?? why?

i cant even bear to look at the tv when he's on.... why oh why is adult swim doing this to us?

People are slowly drifting toward absurd/disgusting/carnivalesque media...
If you look at Aqua Teen Hunger Force and it's absurd plots and very basis, it's a very good example.
Another is Wonder Showzen.

Television shows which are so shallow and almost plotless, fast-paced, and simply bent on startling/frightening/grossing people out... and it's a form of entertainment. It's the same entertainment people got at amusement parks and carnivals... they want quick, rapid-fire entertainment of little thought and pure stimuli-and what better stimuli than stimuli that utterly provokes hard sensations and feelings? Like feelings of hate, sickness, disgust, etc. It is very easy to strike those emotions onto people with images and sounds.

Adult Swim is just following this growing trend. My friend, Alex, and I joke about the generation we're in. We call it the ADD generation. Television shows, especially those marketed toward us, have to be very quick, with jokes that don't have to follow a plot, but are short enough to keep our cynical attentions. Family Guy spurting off seemingly irrelevant jokes every 30 seconds? Wonder Showzen employing quickand short stories to help the overall meaningless plot?

PeeWee herman has that same kind of bizarre, meaningless, weird, and almost disgusting humor/appeal that the other shows have.

ryanvergel said:
People are slowly drifting toward absurd/disgusting/carnivalesque media...
If you look at Aqua Teen Hunger Force and it's absurd plots and very basis, it's a very good example.
Another is Wonder Showzen.

Television shows which are so shallow and almost plotless, fast-paced, and simply bent on startling/frightening/grossing people out... and it's a form of entertainment. It's the same entertainment people got at amusement parks and carnivals... they want quick, rapid-fire entertainment of little thought and pure stimuli-and what better stimuli than stimuli that utterly provokes hard sensations and feelings? Like feelings of hate, sickness, disgust, etc. It is very easy to strike those emotions onto people with images and sounds.

Adult Swim is just following this growing trend. My friend, Alex, and I joke about the generation we're in. We call it the ADD generation. Television shows, especially those marketed toward us, have to be very quick, with jokes that don't have to follow a plot, but are short enough to keep our cynical attentions. Family Guy spurting off seemingly irrelevant jokes every 30 seconds? Wonder Showzen employing quickand short stories to help the overall meaningless plot?

PeeWee herman has that same kind of bizarre, meaningless, weird, and almost disgusting humor/appeal that the other shows have.
ADD generation, huh? I like the sound of that.

Anyways, whatever happened to the great animes they used to show on Adult swim, like Gundam, or Cowboy Bebop, or even Trigun?

People don't want anime.. they want quick and insane blips that fire off their stumuli and senses.
If we wanted something long-winded or meaningful, we'd watch a movie or read a book.

We are the ADD generation. If you can't appeal to our 2 minute attention spans, we won't watch it.

Wonder Shozen is a Sesame Street parody of sorts. It follows a similar 'show structure' which results in a very ADD feeling.

I guess the stark truths revealed were crushing to YOUR soul, Ryan.

ZAKtheGeek said:
Oh, shush. Futurama, the venture bros, and stroker and hoop aren't like that, and they're all plenty popular.

Which shows sell the most?
Which shows are being made into movies? Aqua Teen and Family Guy.

Futurama is the only one of those on that list that can compete with aqua/family, and even then it's still not on the same level of popularity.

Does space ghost fit the category? I've only seen a bit.

Also, there's the boondocks and american dad, but neither of those is as popular.

Hell, some 11 minute shows don't even do this. Moral orel, minoriteam? Squidbillies is somewhere in between. I still don't understand what the hell TG2M is supposed to be, so I can't really comment on that one.

Anyway, was saved by the bell funny? Was it ever even intended to be? I ask seriously, I don't know.

Edit: Also, there's been word of futurama movies. I don't know if they're still doing that, though.

what the show called where the people live in a sewer or something and their all deformed like the dad has no legs and arms its a really funny show?

ZAKtheGeek said:
Well, I just hope it's better than season 4 was. The show seems to have gone downhill a bit.

I loved Season 4.
Video Ouija is probably my favorite episode of all time, so many good, quotable moments.
The two mooninite episodes are solid gold, too. And Hypno-germ is so hallucinogenic it rocks!

I love it.

I might have held it to an unfair standard (it's hard to compete with season 3). I liked video ouija, unremarkable voyage, gee whiz, T shirt of the dead, hypno germs, and edork was good the first time around. The rest were pretty disappointing.

Aduld swim is just weird I mean some of the shows are great specially the anime a lot of the anime is great but adult swim has to resort to crap like pee wee and even once they showed a mr. T and chuck norris cartoon they have no idea that only a retard would watch pee wee. Funnily enough though right be fore it was on the not suitabe for under 14 showed and I was like WHAT

i wrote adult swim about putting pee wee on. its great that they finally are.

i hate the oblongs.

i like athf, and i just got all of the mission hill eps on my pc. good stuff. i like home movies and bebop too.

Back