Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

**PICS**Mesa & Tucson Arizona Ex Delta Species PreRelease's

spookees

*******Pokémon TCG EX Delta Species Prerelease MESA, AZ********

Date: Sun, Oct. 23.

Location: Gamers Inn (Northeast corner of Gilbert and Southern )

943 S. Gilbert Rd (upstairs in the northern section of the shopping center)
Mesa, Arizona
www.gamersinnaz.com

Tournament Begins at 11 AM

Pins and Promo cards while supplies last.

Cost: $20.00

*******Pokémon TCG EX Delta Species Prerelease TUCSON, AZ********

Date: Sat, Oct. 29.

2928 E. Broadway
Tucson, Arizona

Tournament Begins at 11 AM

Pins and Promo cards while supplies last.

Cost: $20.00

Please bring your POP ID!! If you dont have one, not a problem, as we will provide you with one!

Age modified... for tournament play: 10 and under, 11-14 and 15 or older.

Sealed Deck Format:
Each Player receives 6 booster packs from the new card series, EX Delta Species. Players construct a 40-card deck (including energy) using those cards. Energy cards will be provided.

THEME DECK CHALLENGE: If you are just learning to play Pokémon, you might be interested in a more casual format. Instead of the main Prerelease tournament, you can participate in a theme deck challenge, which will be a non-sanctioned tournament. You will be given a brand new EX Delta Species theme deck to battle with. Everyone wins an additional 4 EX Delta Species boosters if they complete the tournament. Parents can help their younger children, or children can help their parents learn the game. Learn to play the game, get the new cards and have a lot of FUN in the process. You can’t lose! There is a limit of 8 participants, and priority will be given to beginners and the 10 under age group.
Entry fee - $20.00

BONUS: bring a NEW PLAYER to the event, and you AND the new player each get a BONUS pack of EX DELTA SPECIES!!!

HALLOWEEN BONUS: ANYONE who registers to play and comes in a POKEMON COSTUME will get a BONUS PACK of EX DELTA SPECIES!!! (yes that means you can dress up in a Pokemon Costume and bring a new player and you will get 2 bonus packs!)

Prizes :
At the end of the tournament every player will receive four EX Delta Species booster packs and two Pokemon POP Series 2 boosters.

Raffle drawings, as always, through out the day!!

ANY QUESTIONS? you can send me a pm here or contact me directly @602-791-4941

Head Judge: Lugias_Realm- John

Last edited:
thx trish! i was just about to call to find out info! What happens if i bring more than one new player, or rather, is there a limit to how many packs i get depending on how many new ppl i bring?

Last edited:
Hi mrdraz07!

There is NO LIMIT to the bonus packs...so if you bring 5 new players and all register and play in the prerelease then you will get 5 bonus packs and each of your friends will get one bonus pack too!

ALSO: If you dress up in a Pokemon costume (that is ANY CHARACTER from Pokemon) you get One more bonus pack!!!

Sooooo I am guessing we shall see you there with some new players and maybe even in a Pokemon costume!! Kewl!

Last edited:
Yes ...Any character from Pokemon qualifies...Human, Animal, Alien, Plant, Unowns, Rock formations (now that would be interesting to see) lol

ANY POKEMON ! Oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Its gunna be fun!

Is the Gamers Inn pre-release the only one happening up by Pheonix?

;\.. the Tucson one sounds supremely better than the Gamers Inn one. GI is also relatively small because of the really large lan setup.

We miss ya Crim ...COME ON UP and bring the CREW!! (we miss them too!)

Convinced: ...the other one is in Tucson....They are both SUPREME LOCATIONS...and neither one is small...
Come on down and SEE!!! Lots of random raffles thru out the day...and if you bring a NEW PLAYER you get a bonus pack...PLUS: if you get dressed up in a POKEMON Costume...you get another bonus pack!

Last edited:
I'll be there without a doubt, I just think that going from the last venue which was a Hotel (I think.. I had to work that day) to Gamers Inn is something of a downgrade.

Convinced said:
I'll be there without a doubt, I just think that going from the last venue which was a Hotel (I think.. I had to work that day) to Gamers Inn is something of a downgrade.
So far everyone has given nothing but Great revues concerning the move to the NEW location. Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE has loved the place.
Tucson, while location or playing site may be good still has one major problem, TURN OUT!!!
It's really hard to keep relying on the traveling crew from up here to keep supplying all the bodies in order to get a decent turn out. Tucson needs to stand up and start being accountable for a larger player base.
Convinced- You are always a guarantee and nothing can be said for your commitment!!! But you alone and maybe a handfull of others are not enough. We need to start looking at getting a more dependable base of players so that every time something major comes up Tucson can always be considered as a hosting site. Depending on how things go here in the near future will weigh heavily on how and what continues to happen down there. It shouldn't keep coming down to 15-20 people(the same group of people) always having to boost the numbers because of turn out in the area below standards.
We need your help down there convinced, what can we do to make Tucson a prime canidate every time?

hey!! just wanted to say hi and that i will be there tomorrow!! can't wait! I LOVE PRE-RELEASES!!:) ok, maybe hyped up on sugar!! halloween candy getting to me.....*__* see you all tomorrow!:eek:)

Dont forget to come in a POKEMON costume for a bonus pack!! I have heard from many today and there will be alot of POKEMON Costumes at the Prerelease in Mesa and Tucson!

on a side note: yes i finally finished sewing Joeys costume just an hour ago..Whew! If you have played the new XD game then you will know the character.

SEE YOU ALL THERE TOMORROW!!!

VulpixLover419 said:
hey!! just wanted to say hi and that i will be there tomorrow!! can't wait! I LOVE PRE-RELEASES!!:) ok, maybe hyped up on sugar!! halloween candy getting to me.....*__* see you all tomorrow!:eek:)

Well, I guess the reason you love Pre-releases is because you always pull good cards, and I always pull crap. :frown:
Good luck, everyone! :thumb: (some may need more luck than others though, cough*me*cough)

We need your help down there convinced, what can we do to make Tucson a prime canidate every time?

well...i'm gonna try and speak on convinced's half here...

I wish i knew the answer to that question, and it's one that i've been trying to find an answer to for the longest time. if there was something i could do to increase the player base here, i would! i think these are some of the major problems we are facing right now:

-people are busy playing too many other games. their resources are just spread too thin.
-league is scheduled on wednesdays. it is very inconvenient for many people. i think that there have been about 2 people coming for about a month now, and one of them has to take a bus from marana, which is probably about an hour-long trip.
-we don't have a consistent LL to come on wednesdays, since i juggle work, school, and bowling team, and scott disappeared.
-i live 30 min. away from the store, so i highly doubt that i can convince to play will want to spend that kind of money on gas.
-our existing player base keeps on shrinking. like i said before, scott hasn't been seen at amazing for months, and many other players are too busy.
-yu-gi-oh is dead. i know that doesn't have anything to do w/ pokemon, but YGO players seem to be the kind that like to play other games; i guess they all just shifted into VS. and/or MtG too fast.
-it's getting difficult to keep interest for recent "converts." it seems like a big chain reaction that involves not having a lot of in- store resources (promotional or not) and having a handful or less of people at the store on a given day that want to learn to play and those who know how to play already.

i'm trying to keep a positive outlook for the future. I'm bringing 4 new kids (at least) that seem eager for next weekend, and hopefully i can work something out with dion to have unsanctioned tournaments on weekends. i totally agree w/ you John; i'm sick of having to rely on you guys to be able to play, too! :tongue:

Last edited:
mrdraz07 said:
-league is scheduled on wednesdays. it is very inconvenient for many people. i think that there have been about 2 people coming for about a month now, and one of them has to take a bus from marana, which is probably about an hour-long trip.

when i see you this saturday we can talk to dion about moving the league...she wants the league to grow as well...having it on maybe friday nite, saturday or sunday may be one of the things to boost the growth. wednesday doesnt seem to be working, your right.
The flyers and other tools... we have talked about in the past, need to be used as well, we will have time to go over that too...not a problem.
mrdraz07 said:
i'm trying to keep a positive outlook for the future. I'm bringing 4 new kids (at least) that seem eager for next weekend, and hopefully i can work something out with dion to have unsanctioned tournaments on weekends. i totally agree w/ you John; i'm sick of having to rely on you guys to be able to play, too! :tongue:
This isnt the place for me to go into this however when i see you on saturday we will, but running the tournaments is great too, part of the solution is someone learning the software there and the op website..we can look at that too. All this will just enhance the league.

4 new players is great for Saturday...Look forward to seeing you again!!

We had alot of players dress up today in Mesa and won some great prizes..
Some of the Pokemon characters who graced us with their presence:
Pikachu
Fisherman
Mary
Ash
Michael (from XD)
Hiker
Bellossom
Farmer
Cool Trainer
I will get some pictures up soon...

..Cant wait to get to TUCSON on Saturday and see the Pokemon costumes there too.....

Back