Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Piglet Draft 2006

meganium45

OK, a lot of you have "heard" of this event, but have absolutely no idea what it is...

Now you will.

A Brief History:

The piglet draft was started at Worlds 2004 as something for the younger kids to remember worlds in a positive note by. It was open to all kids, and we had a really good time!

I remember going up and down the worlds halls recruiting players...and we drafted FireRed Leaf Green for free. I remember very little about this event, except that the Schells were a HUGE help...and there were a lot of other parents who helped me out. It was really cool in that while the older group was paying $20.00 to draft...we were drafting for free! Prizes were in Japanese Aqua/Magma with those uber cool matrix energy.

In 2005, we got a little more formal. The piglet draft was open to any 12 and under kids who did not make day 2. BIG THANKS to the Sauks and Tenneys for helping keep this tradition going in the face of a hold'em tourney, and the fact that I had 2 kids going on to day 2, having to keep them in their rooms!
PUI, Birch and others supplied prizes with me...and yes, there were Japanese Packs yet again!

In 2006, we are going to make this the BEST Piglet Draft Ever!!!

It will take place at night after Day 1 of Worlds (the main event) and will be open, while slots last to ALL 12 and under kids who did not make day 2, but played in day 1!!!

The exact time and place, as always is TBA.

We WILL be drafting Miracle Crystal, and prizes will be in Miracle Crystal and Japanese Farthest Ends!

As always, the prizes are not as important as the experience itself.

This is always a great "decompression" for the kids to have fun playing Pokemon!

As always, thanks to Mike Cook, and to anyone else who helps support the prizes !!!

Talk to you soon!

Vince

I have let non-Worlds players in from time to time, but the Piglet Draft is a "decompression" event for the younger players who have survived a tough day of Worlds, and did not make it to day 2.

Great way to kick back in a non-pressure atmosphere, and make some new friends.

It is not meant to be a new player event.

Nancy, I know, as neither of my sons got to play last year...a bittersweet experience.

Note to self: I would rather have my sons not play Piglets...and play day 2!!!

Vince

meganium45 said:
Note to self: I would rather have my sons not play Piglets...and play day 2!!!

Vince

I'm glad you understand. Sure Dale would love to play as well as your boys- but they need their sleep

Every year we have let some "free-range" piglets in... but it is not the "Spirit" of the event!

It is not just meant to be a free draft for younger players...it is meant to allow the eliminated Worlds player a fun tourney that is just theirs...a positive end to what, for some, feels like a negative day.

Given the "limited" product I have on hand for this event...we can't make it a totally open event.

I hear the same "complaints" every year...

Hey, if you want to throw your own free draft with your own rules, please feel free to do so.
As they say, my product (not supplied or donated by PUI), my rules.

Other PTOs always come forward to kick something in...which makes the event bigger and better every year!

You know...I may need to do one of these at Nationals next year...and spread the "Spirit of the Event"

Thanks

Vince

Just a reminder to folks that there will be plenty for the non-Worlds player to do!! This event is done by Vince simply because he's a fantastic PTO who came up with a great way to help the young-uns deal with an extremely disappointing situation--remember, lots of these kids have never really had a whole lot of disappointments before. They are probably tops of the young group at their local leagues (heck, they probably do well against the older local kids, too) and after a long day of playing, they are being told that they aren't going to continue in the main event...

It's a great way for these folks to end Worlds with a fun experience.

Vince,

We'll try to bring some stuff to kick in for prizes. I think this year my 7-yr old will want to play and we'll make the 12-yr old judge :)

This draft was a blast last year! Thanks for running it! Chaw Piglets!

Vince, if i dress as Max, can i play??? hes only 9 lol

j/k im 23 though

Thought id ask...

To anyone that has a "young un" that doesnt make day 2, I HIGHLY recommend this draft! My son had a blast last year (even with the poker going on in the area).

Keith

You can count on us for some help with prizes and general grunt work.

What about including those that may get ground out in the grinder! They need a boost also!

vince, i asked you at nats if i could help judge and whatever. theres a chance i might be able to supply prizes (from JAPAN!!!!). am i still in?

OK so, i guess that rules Ben out as 'The anonymous guy'.

OR DOES IT!!?!

P.S So i dont get YELLED at, i saw this running last year and it looked great from an outsiders point of view. Vince is known for running kool tourneys and my lil bro will be playing if he misses day 2.

Back