Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Play in the 2012 Autumn Friendly!

Regis_Neo

Looking for some fun competition to pass the downtime, or testing out a new team (possibly for our own Elite 4 competition)? Why not give the Autumn Friendly a shot?

Announcement:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pgl_2012_autumn_friendly_announce-2012-08-29/

Rules, Regulations, How to Sign Up:
http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/autumn_friendly_2012/

Much like the prior one, it is a Global Battle Union tournament using the current VGC rules and regulations (Doubles). Signups start September 6th thru the 13th, but don't delay! There's only a mere 50,000 spots open, which might sound like a lot, but considering there's millions of Pokemon fans out there, spots will likely be closed well before the 13th.

Look forward to seeing you all there :thumb:

I signed up for it as well with one of my 3 weather teams. Makes me wonder how many other weather teams I'll run into this time around.
~Cyber~

I'll have to work on my team some more. Also, why is Chatot on the list? Is there something I missing? Can it exploit some glitch or something or is that a mistake.

That is weird, though since it's listed within the gen 2 legendaries it's likely a typo. At least it isn't a used Pokemon like Tyranitar.

I'm pretty sure that Chatot's Chatter move changes its cry to what you record and they cannot filter that (or possibly due to other complications involving the move), so therefore they banned the Pokémon that could use it.

I'm pretty sure that Chatot's Chatter move changes its cry to what you record and they cannot filter that (or possibly due to other complications involving the move), so therefore they banned the Pokémon that could use it.

Is that really the reason?

From Bulbapedia's Chatot article
Chatot is the only non-legendary Pokémon, barring Phione, to be banned from Generation V's Global Battle Union, likely owing to complications caused by Chatter.
and from Chatter's page
Because of this move, Chatot is banned from the Pokémon Global Battle Union.
This may be wrong, I'm not sure.

Okay, I see now. Not sure why they would make the attack like that. maybe they did not plan on doing tournaments for the game at that time.

Back