Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Playing a card for no effect

How far does this go? Does the effect have to be done directly by the card itself?

Say my opponent had an Ampharos SW (Jamming - After your opponent plays a Supporter card from his or her hand, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon. You can't use more than 1 Jamming Poke-Body each turn.) in play, could I play a Bianca "for no effect" (>5 cards in hand), just to get damage on my Pokemon for Reshiram's Outrage? In reality, I play the card and it has an effect on the game, but do the rules agree?

Or could I even play that Bianca if no immediate effect occured, but I have a Mightyena PT ([1D] Collude (20+) If you played any supporter card from your hand during this turn, this attack does 20 damage plus 30 more damage. ) in play, and could attack with it?

The effect of the card will have no effect. It doesn't matter if some other effect is triggered.
You can't play a Bianca when you have more than 5 cards in hand (not including the Bianca).
The game is not clairvoyant, it's not able to realize that in the long run there is an effect.

Back