Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Playing Feraligatr WILL NOT result in delicious cake

prodigal_fanboy

Originally Posted by prodigal_fanboy View Post
I will post a video of myself attempting to eat a sock if Feraligatr takes 1st place in any Master's Division State Championship (in the US), autograph the sock, and mail it to you.

Does anyone have the audacity to try and prove me wrong? Discuss.

Aside from a few SP's who really can't stand some of the changes the next few sets make (Say hi to Feraligatr, he might not be the best card around but he doesn't care much about SP's thanks to its Grass weakness)

Now I'm going to have to go to all of the trouble of convincing everyone in Masters to use Feraligatr at my States. Thank you for all the inconvenience.

Just because I'm friendly like that, I'll let you use ketchup to at least make the taste a bit more bareable.

Seriously though, States this year are harder to predict then ever before. Think of it this way though, Gatr's power can be used with many a different Pokemon that might be underrated right now, or is just generally not-so-good. Who knows what random people come up with?
I'm not running Gatr myself btw, not my style of deck so don't think I'm promoting it or anything. But the point I originally tried to make is that Gatr due to its hype and just its poke power WILL see play, especially with some of the cards coming out later, therefore being a deterrent to Fire (and in a lesser way, SP) decks.

And oh, out of curiosity for this little bet, are we talking about pure Gatr decks or are decks using, say, 2-1-2 Gatr allowed too?

Pass on the ketchup, I don't want to look any more ridiculous than a grown man playing a children's card game would. I know how open the meta is. I still don't think it can win. I'm gutsy, I'll permit 2-1-2 to count.

^ I really hope that Feraligatr doesn't win a States in the Seniors. We'll all loook like idiots.

Don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
i would like to c that
can u do it ig gatr doesnt win either

Can you learn to post like you're literate?
No, if I do that if 'Gatr likewise fails to win (as surely will be the case) then it's not a gentleman's wager.
It's just a boy eating socks.
If I went around eating socks all the time I wouldn't come here to discuss it.

Side Note:

I'd actually be pretty surprised if it won in Seniors, too.

Normally I would look at something like this and agree but with the fact you put something on the line I might have to play mine at states, but than again I normally don't care if I win or lose so long as I have fun, I think you just decided what deck I will play at states.

DOes it need to be the Prime Gatr? Out of curiosity. If i'm able to go to 2 states, i may defiantely take this up for one, so just wanna clarify.

DOes it need to be the Prime Gatr? Out of curiosity. If i'm able to go to 2 states, i may defiantely take this up for one, so just wanna clarify.

I specified that it had to be at least a 2-1-2 line of 'Gatr Prime in the initial thread, but to be honest I'd be really amazed if you won with any 'Gatr, as mathematically it cannot produce the delicious cake that first place trophies are known to create.

If you can think of a lesser but suitable wager for any Feraligatr to commemorate its lack of ability to aid Marie Antoinette, feel free to post it here or let me know via PM.

I'm building my friend my league idea for feraligatr and shall report back with how he does. :3

EDIT: We live in Ontario (Canada)... will this still result in socks?

You only count States in the US so I can't try it since I live in Europe. =P

Yeah, he wanted to prevent "backwater" states from taking it...as if EVERY US States has tough competition. But eh.

I myself would LOVE to see this eating your socks thing but I too think it ain't gonna work out. That said, there are a lot of fun tricks possible with Gatr and we might have been overlooking one or two.

Now someone please win with a Gyarados with 2-1-2 Gatr teched in for the lulz.

I regret to inform you, but Canada and other foreign countries do not result in socks.
Sorry, but I'm not going to chomp on textiles for Austria's sake.

Although if you do win, who knows, you might inspire more attempts for week 2 that would result in sock consumption.

I regret to inform you, but Canada and other foreign countries do not result in socks.
Sorry, but I'm not going to chomp on textiles for Austria's sake.

Although if you do win, who knows, you might inspire more attempts for week 2 that would result in sock consumption.

To be fair ontario has more than double the population of utah, hawaii, kansas, montana, wisconsin, nevada, kentucky (list goes on :cool:).

but whatever lawl, it's your decision what socks you will and will not eat and it's a stretch fealigatr would win anyways. :p

i this p_f is doing this to trick top players into playing a mediocre deck thereby increases his chances at multiple state victories!! ;)

i this p_f is doing this to trick top players into playing a mediocre deck thereby increases his chances at multiple state victories!! ;)

What top players can resist delicious cake?! It's foolproof, I say!

And to be fair, it's like you more or less named the states that don't matter*. Except for Kentucky. Which we need for poultry and apple juice. Does Hawaii even have a States Tournament?

*To residents of said states: hey, at least you're not living in Wyoming. Count your blessings.

”If we shadows have offended, / Think but this, and all is mended, / ... Give me your hands, if we be friends, /
And Robin shall restore amends.” (V, i. 440-455)

Slightly morontopic, have their been any rumblings about potential combos with Feraligatr with new cards from Japan? Like that spiffy Blastoise, if there was a way to deal with disruption? Anything else?

Side note: Lumineon MT + Feraligatr is more or less begging Gyarados/Luxchomp to have a field day with you. Translation: bad.

Side note: Lumineon MT + Feraligatr is more or less begging Gyarados/Luxchomp to have a field day with you. Translation: bad.

I playtested Feraligatr+Blastoise PL vs Gyarados against my bro and lost (I was playing gyara too!). My bro played it smart and was loading up his bench with energies and was stalling with aqua pressing enemy gyara until I burned through all my resources and then he swept with double launcher for his last 4 prizes. It didn't help that I could get an ssu or reversal to land heads to save my life however "-.-

To be fair ontario has more than double the population of utah, hawaii, kansas, montana, wisconsin, nevada, kentucky (list goes on :cool:).

but whatever lawl, it's your decision what socks you will and will not eat and it's a stretch fealigatr would win anyways. :p

Why is Utah FIRST ON YOUR LIST?!?!!? What do you have against Utahns anyway?

Back