Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please help ID these 2 cards for me

tyranitar42

Hello to you all! :) I'm hoping that some of you fine people can help me Identify these 2 cards that I've had for many years. I hope they're real, but I did get them out of a machine in the mall, so I don't know. It would help if I could upload a pic, but I don't have a digital camera. Also, these 2 are just a tiny bit smaller than the US cards, and have a different pack, the say "Pocket Monsters Card Game" instead of the pokemon top & bottom, and they are in japanese, so bear with me, I can't translate it.

CARD #1 CHARIZARD HOLO

This card has a silver holo border, in fact the entire card is holo with a star type pattern.NO.006 is in the bottom left corner, HP120 in the upper right, 3 colorless retreat cost, and the only power I can read is for 4 fire it does 100 damage. There is text, but I can't read that katagan/hiragana & kangi to well. i saw this on ebay recently, just want to know if it's fake or really worth something, and if so, what set it's from.
The pic of Charizard on it has his head turned to the right, open mouth as if roaring, with right claw and wing up from the neck down you don't see his body.

CARD #2 QWILFISH

This card is a prism card, with a silver prism border. Lv.30, HP60 in upper right corner w/water symbol. Card #211 in lower right corner. Illus. Sumiyashi Kizuki, retreat cost 1 colorless energy. for 1 water energy has a power doing 10 damage with text I can't read, power #2 is for 2 colorless and does 20 damage X something I can't read. There is a symbol for a set on this; kind of a flat circle with 3 lines coming out the top of the circle.

I also have 2 other non holo cards, also japanese. 1 is Tangela, and the other is gloom, and look right except for being just a bit smaaler than US cards, and that Pockter Monster back.

Again, any info you can give me on these two cards if much appreciated. I will search ebay to see if I can find an image of this card, and post it here. Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
The charizard sounds a lot like the one that came in the neo 2 promo binder years ago. I could be wrong, but I really need to see an image on this card.

Can't upload image I found....

I found it on ebay, copied the image, and was going to upload it in the gallery, but it won't let me. say I don't have access? Have I been bad on this board? I thought everyone could upload pics?

Anyway, this card on ebay and mine differ in one thing....the ebay one has a goldish foil border, mine is silver holo.

But thanks secrets! :)

^ I don't know why you'd try to upload that to gallery anyway. That pic belongs to someone else and chances are it has a water mark on it anyway.

Why not just post the URL from eBay that leads to that picture. When you find the picture again, right click and "copy image location," then paste it here.

Glad to hear they're real!

Thanks alot! I'm glad to hear the charizard is real! I will now post it in my trades section, and maybe get a few more trades in it. Thank you very much everyone!

Here's the link for the card i am discussing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Card-Ja...sPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Now, my card looks just like this, same hol, same everything, except mine has a silver border, and you see, this one has gold.

I hope you can tell me if mine is real or not. Thanks guys! :)

Is there a chance yours are stickers? I know I have a couple I got from a vending machine and they had the pocket monsters backing and the front of the cards had goldborders but are slightly smaller than the real cards and are infact stickers. Carefully check it out if they come off notto damage the card if it is infact a card and not sticker.

Hope this helps.

pokemonmike

Hmm, I used to have two of those things, can't remember if they were gold or silver... probably gold. I paid $3 back in the day from a dealer that knew what stuff was worth... so that was probably a fair price. Seemed really cheap to me for a cool looking Charizard though.

I remember t trading one to a friend. He showed it two another kid (also my friend), and he said it was fake, so they ripped holo part from the back (they said this meant it was fake, guessed he though it was a sticker, but NO it was not sticky and it was a full size card REAL). Then my n00b friend was like "tradebacks tradebacks itsa fake NO FAIR!" lol, so stupid this was like a week after the deal was done and the card was now peeled in half (of course I said no way). I'm sure it was real. It looked and felt just like other Japanese cards I had. I had bought the fake 50 cent vending machine ones before, and this was nothing like one of those cheap things. But I don't know if the same would be true for your silver border one. I'll research later.

So yeah, try to hold your Charizard up to an authentic English card and see if it is exactly the same size?

I'm positive that these are stickers.
Them being "slightly smaller" is the clincher.
Sorry.

Maddox: No offense, but please don't post random guesses.
If you don't have experience or knowledge of these kinds of things, all you will do is mislead people.

Drats!

Yep, they sure are stickers! i checked em out further, and it peeled right off! I better get this charizard off my trade thread! Thanks for the help everyone!

Back